• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Names for Rotom Forms and Frontier Facilities (Maybe Brain names too!)

The names are odd.

Don't count on it. They have to plug GSDS somehow.
The first Battle Frontier saga was geared at Emerald more than at FireRed and LeafGreen - no doubt because the former had been released more recently. The circumstances are different now, so I really wouldn't treat the Platinum Frontier Brains as necessary for advertising a separate set of games.

In fact, the remakes could rather easily expand on Crystal's Battle Tower. For one thing, there would have to be a Tower Tycoon much like in Diamond and Pearl. For another, the Platinum facilities could be carried over quite easily, with Game Freak settling for a few data changes and new Frontier Brains. After all, the Trainer Tower and several Wireless Adapter features were introduced in FireRed and LeafGreen, and not long after that made it to Emerald virtually untouched (basically, the Trainer Tower was renamed as the "Trainer Hill").

But it is more likely that the opportunity will be used to add new facilities - at the very least so that the overall number of facilities introduced in Generation IV is equal to Emerald's (six as opposed to Platinum's three). Additionally, some of the five facilities that didn't make it from Emerald to Platinum could return now. The Battle Dome, for instance, would be invaluable with the new multiplayer mode that also supports Wi-Fi communication.

All of the above would require a new group of characters that the anime can employ for advertising the games. Personally, I would prefer Gym Leader rematches set up for Ash to train for a challenge against Johto's Elite Four, but the two ideas aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Definitely. But why change the names of the Diamond Orb and Pearl Orb in the first place? o.o And why choose such an out-there name for the Platinum Orb? I don't want to consider myself one of those crazy "OMG NO CHANGES AT ALLLLLL EVEN WHEN IT MAKES SENSE TO DO SO" OR "OMG LET'S OBSESS OVER NAMES AND RANT AND RANT OVER HOW THIS OR THAT IS NOT A TRUE NAME" people, but changing the names of things just for the sake of changing the names of things is head-scratching. It doesn't really matter, it's just weird.
Raise your hand if you even know how to pronounce "Griseous Orb".

*crickets chirp*

So how do you pronounce [Argenta]? Because its doing that whole Giratina/Jeeratina thing in my head with a hard and soft "G"
It would be arr-JEN-tah. Grasping at straws but my first impression was it was a splice between 'magenta' (a type of red-purple; oh look, her color-scheme) and the French word 'argent' for silver (and she looks in her silver years). So we emphasis on the '-genta' and less on the 'jzhaw' of 'arg-jzhaw', you get the above.

And 'griseous' would definitely have a 'gree' in there. 'Gris' rhymes with debris. So, not 'grihs'. First guess?

'Gree-shus'...which sounds absolutely cool, IMO, and I hope that's it.

EDIT:

Definitely. But why change the names of the Diamond Orb and Pearl Orb in the first place? o.o And why choose such an out-there name for the Platinum Orb?
The Platinum Orb might be gold in color, but the metal platinum itself is a grey color. Any dictionary will say so.

Griseous: "Of a light color, or white, mottled with black or brown"; "gray; pearl-gray"

And were they called the Diamond/Pearl Orbs before? Because Adamant/Lustrous do match their respective Orbs as perfect adjectives. Griseous just mostly describes Giratina itself over its Orb, but still.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom