• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the final starters were proven undeniably legit after the reveal of Mallow... people just hated Incineroar and really wanted their ugly clown seal for some reason.

Still wish we got second forms for those final evos, like with Lycanroc. It could have done Incineroar quite a favor.
For Fire Types Starters, the reasons of those complaining about it is because...

1: They were sick and tired to the use of Fire/Fighting Type being used for three Generations in a row.

2: They just wanted a Fire Type quadruped.

3: They just complain for the sake of complaining.

I might be the minority, but I feel that, seeing Torracat's design, they would just make an even bigger Litten. So, yeah, I liked Incineroar because I found Torracat the most boring middle evolution ever.

I might be the minority, but I feel that, seeing Torracat's design, they would just make an even bigger Litten. So, yeah, I liked Incineroar because I found Torracat the most boring middle evolution ever.
Plus the creator also makes other Anime references. Incineroar is for example based on one of his favorite shows, Tiger Mask.

Honestly, the only thing I don't like is Incineroar's lower body compared to its upper body. Looks like its wearing some pyjama bottoms.

Other than that, I see nothing too majorly wrong with Incineroar.

Partially, i am not sure that there will be CGI Ash and his travelling group or Jesse, James and Meowth!
The characters may change, and may be more generic, but leaving room for a different story to take place. However there could be many callbacks to scenes in the original if this is for example supposed to depict a parallel universe. Maybe instead of encountering Donphan at the start of the film it will be a unique and imposing Gen 8 Pokemon!!

I think it's pretty much guaranteed to either be a 1:1 remake or close to it- the screenplay is credited to Takeshi Shudo, who wrote the screenplay for the original film... and it's impossible for them to have written a new screenplay because they died.

They wanted that abomination to exist???

Yes, sadly.

For Fire Types Starters, the reasons of those complaining about it is because...

1: They were sick and tired to the use of Fire/Fighting Type being used for three Generations in a row.

2: They just wanted a Fire Type quadruped.

3: They just complain for the sake of complaining.

Also yes...? I know why they were complaining- everyone is sick of fire/fighting and a lot of people are sick of starters being majority bipedal, myself included.

....why did this even get brought up, anyway.

I still think the argument that fans make about fire starters being biped warrants the design to called bad or cause outrage, is nothing but made up false reactions. When Incineroar came out and people learned it was a dark type, they felt the need to complain about something so they decide to go for how many legs it stands on. -_- I just feels like desperation to start controversy. And now fans act like it's a legitimate reason. I don't get it

I still think the argument that fans make about fire starters being biped warrants the design to called bad or cause outrage, is nothing but made up false reactions. When Incineroar came out and people learned it was a dark type, they felt the need to complain about something so they decide to go for how many legs it stands on. -_- I just feels like desperation to start controversy. And now fans act like it's a legitimate reason. I don't get it
I mean, I'm still annoyed at it being a biped but I wouldn't say that makes the design bad... the awkward juxtaposition of a beefy man-tiger next to a child trainer makes me many times uncomfortable, though, and I just think the design is downright ugly, but that's my personal feelings on it. >.> Friggin'... hate Incineroar...

But what I would accept as a fairly legitimate reason is that they may have slapped Dark on it, but the fighting theme was still there and GameFreak really needs to move a good mile away from that design choice for Fire starters because come oooon. It's possible to make a cool Fire starter without basing it on a fighter, GameFreak. You know it is.

People can dislike a design for whatever reason they want. You can’t please everyone.

And “controversy” is pretty hyperbolic here. Some people liked Incineroar and others didn’t. It’s no big deal.

When do you guys think we'll actually see Gen 8 announced? I'm hoping for some time in January or February I'd guess it would be before June.

People can dislike a design for whatever reason they want. You can’t please everyone.

And “controversy” is a pretty hyperbolic here. Some people liked Incineroar and others didn’t. It’s no big deal.
I think this hits the nail on the head- there are going to be complaints because there's no such thing as a universal appeal. =D So maybe let's not complain about people not liking things? Because if y'all wanna talk about people just looking for something to complain about... welp.

So far Incineroar does not fall into scrappy territory, which is a miracle in my opinion. Then again, the fact that Pokémon has been going on for more than twenty years and have relatively few scrappies is a miracle. The ones to come to my mind are Max, Sophocles (both anime and game), anime!Erika and game!Clair.

I mean, I'm still annoyed at it being a biped but I wouldn't say that makes the design bad... the awkward juxtaposition of a beefy man-tiger next to a child trainer makes me many times uncomfortable, though, and I just think the design is downright ugly, but that's my personal feelings on it. >.> Friggin'... hate Incineroar...

But what I would accept as a fairly legitimate reason is that they may have slapped Dark on it, but the fighting theme was still there and GameFreak really needs to move a good mile away from that design choice for Fire starters because come oooon. It's possible to make a cool Fire starter without basing it on a fighter, GameFreak. You know it is.
I won't tell you what you should and shouldn't like, but I would accept that you just don't like humanoid muscly pokemon in general like Machamp or Conkeldur. Otherwise I would feel the hate towards Incineroar is somewhat unwarranted or just out of nowhere if you had no problems with either.

And “controversy” is pretty hyperbolic here. Some people liked Incineroar and others didn’t. It’s no big deal.
Yeah maybe with just looks, but specifically how many legs it stands on? I feel it's a ridiculous reason to dislike a design or be mad at it

“I don’t care if you don’t believe me, you’ll find out soon enough.” Whether or not that leak is real remains to be seen, but with that quote I’ve rehearsed from him/her, It’s probably best to stay vigilant about this one. I’ve never heard a leak stating this quote before.
Are you talking about this leak?
index.php

That was disproven when Meltan was revealed...

I disliked (and still very much dislike) Incineroar not for it being biped or wanting to stir up controversy. I legitimately think that Incineroar is a cheesy design and I can't get over how bad it is in my eyes.

Sure I'd love to see Fire starters stop being biped, but that most certainly isn't why I dislike Incineroar. My dislike of Incineroar begins with the fact that it looks like a cheesy humanoid cat character straight from one of those cheesy 80s action cartoons like Thunder Cats.

I won't tell you what you should and shouldn't like, but I would accept that you just don't like humanoid muscly pokemon in general like Machamp or Conkeldur. Otherwise I would feel the hate towards Incineroar is somewhat unwarranted or just out of nowhere if you had no problems with either.
Actually somewhat fairly accurate- I really don't like Conkeldur. I don't love Machamp either, but there's just something about Incineroar that I find so much more uncomfortable... could be the awkward pelvic thrust fire attack in this image, because man... no thank you.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...st/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20180729081210

Incineroar also lures you in with a nice little kitten, unlike Machamp and Conkeldur. So you pick it up like "Aww you precious little-- PELVIC THRUSTING MAN TIGER."

I disliked (and still very much dislike) Incineroar not for it being biped or wanting to stir up controversy. I legitimately think that Incineroar is a cheesy design and I can't get over how bad it is in my eyes.

Sure I'd love to see Fire starters stop being biped, but that most certainly isn't why I dislike Incineroar. My dislike of Incineroar begins with the fact that it looks like a cheesy humanoid cat character straight from one of those cheesy 80s action cartoons like Thunder Cats.
Now you see I can accept that reason You just don't like the look of him specifically. And that's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom