• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The financial report seems to reflect only public knowledge, I guess? It's probably part of them trying not to leak things by keeping information contained within the company.

....I think we actually learned something from this- don't check the financial report for release dates, because it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know. XD

There is only has the leak of you and me who mentions a raccoon similar to tanuki but it can not be real is not it?
This leak promised a trailer drop within the month, and it was several months ago, so it's definitely fake.
One interesting thing to note is that the Tanuki is wearing a mask , and a leak has mentioned about a starter wearing somewhat of a mask.

Piuk also mentions this line of text in reference to a starter

“ I always get confused… Is it its real face? ”

Perhaps there’s a connection ?
Yes, there's a connection. The connection is that Piuk based his posts on that. (He even calls his own games You and Me)
What about capital letters or new punctuation.
The Unown are already in capital letters, I'm pretty sure. New punctuation is possible, but I can't see anyone too excited about :;[ or ( Unown.
Like Incineroar Isaac Wrestler and Chesnaught is a Knight.
That's certainly more specific, but it still doesn't cross out other starters. (Samurott is bulky and based on a samurai, and Emboar is bulky and resembles a wrestler)
And there are other similarities as well.
Such as?
Also Swampert isn’t necissarily bulky until it gains its mega evolution.
Its non-Mega form still looks pretty big to me...
Now you’re just making up stuff. Gaming intel (or anyone else, for that matter) has never said anything about live video from Nintendo.

And Nintendo didn’t show any live video in November, nor did @TechSkylander1518 tell you they did.
Actually, Champion Cynthia's right-the article said
and that's what I was referring to it as. If that's not the right term, then the mistake's on me.

Actually, Champion Cynthia's right-the article said
and that's what I was referring to it as. If that's not the right term, then the mistake's on me.
Ah ok. So Nintendo live is a thing, but after looking it up it seems like tournaments/esports for Nintendo games stuff rather than a means to announce games.

Well, they had hosted a Splatoon 2 tournament and at the very end, announced that Octo Expansion would release exactly the next day.

Let's just hope that whatever is coming on January 10th is NOT a Nintendo Live. Neither let it be delayed either

Last edited:
From 4chan:

Hi, I'm one of the new Pokémon games' Italian translators and I have some informations for you guys:

- The games are titled Pokémon Crown and Pokémon Scepter and they are set in UK-inspired region;
- It's a semi-openworld game, it's in between what Alola region offered in the Gen 7 and the exploration in Zelda: Breath Of the Wild;
- The legendary Pokémon are a Normal/Flying type eagle and a Ghost/Rock Knight;
- The wild Pokémon are visible in the overworld like LGPE;
- Pokémon encounters are like the older games but when you want to catch a Pokémon, they switches to a LGPE type of gameplay;
- The story mainly talks more about 3.000 year-old war mentioned in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y;
- Two new UB are introduced with codename: UB Wings and UB: Earthquake;
- A Big Ben-inspired building is the new Battlw Zone in the game;
- A character based on Queen Elizabeth II is in the game but i can't tell you yet what is her role;
- 72 new Pokémon are introduced in this generation;
- Professor Sycamore makes a cameo in these games and Looker makes a cameo in the post-game;

My thoughts: other than bold proclamations of types and number of new Pokemon , all of this is very safe. So an actual announcement will easily dispell this.

I don't have any reason to believe that leak is credible at all, but I do want to talk about this:

"- Pokémon encounters are like the older games but when you want to catch a Pokémon, they switches to a LGPE type of gameplay;"

At first I was like "What does that even mean?" but I think it's a clumsy way of stating that you would battle wild Pokemon like normal, but then would have to catch them with motion control like in LGP/E.

I only discuss this because I'm afraid it's something that might actually happen. For the record, I'm okay with it being optional... But it sure as heck shouldn't be forced. No more forced motion controls, please!

From 4chan:

Hi, I'm one of the new Pokémon games' Italian translators and I have some informations for you guys:

- The games are titled Pokémon Crown and Pokémon Scepter and they are set in UK-inspired region;
- It's a semi-openworld game, it's in between what Alola region offered in the Gen 7 and the exploration in Zelda: Breath Of the Wild;
- Pokémon encounters are like the older games but when you want to catch a Pokémon, they switches to a LGPE type of gameplay;
- The story mainly talks more about 3.000 year-old war mentioned in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y;
- A character based on Queen Elizabeth II is in the game but i can't tell you yet what is her role;
- Professor Sycamore makes a cameo in these games and Looker makes a cameo in the post-game;

My thoughts: other than bold proclamations of types and number of new Pokemon , all of this is very safe. So an actual announcement will easily dispell this.

Or if you take the account that the Legendaries are all of a sudden an Eagle and Knight instead of a Thorn Spider and Butterfly, not to mention The Queen is also a bit of a stretch too.

Crown and Scepter has become so much of a meme that it has now become as tiresome as + and -, You and Me and Spain. This could be fake, though you never know until GF reveals something soon. A Queen character might work though.

Also, an Italian translator working on the Pokemon games? Boy, I haven't heard that before since... I dunno... Sun and Moon leaks and fakes from reveal to launch?

Last edited:
- Pokémon encounters are like the older games but when you want to catch a Pokémon, they switches to a LGPE type of gameplay

Isn't this a contradiction? And also, a big no to LGPE gameplay!

From 4chan:

Crown and Sceptre again? Feels like every leaker is just riding the UK hype wave at the moment.

Also, with UBs feeling more like a Gen 7 only type of deal, I don't see any new UBs in Gen 8.

72 new Pokemon? Remove the legendaries, possibly a Mythical, the 2 UBs, the starters, the regional rodent, regional bird, Pika-cloneand Pseudo-legendary and you're left with around 49 Pokemon. Not a lot. :/

So yeah. Not buying this one.

At first I was like "What does that even mean?" but I think it's a clumsy way of stating that you would battle wild Pokemon like normal, but then would have to catch them with motion control like in LGP/E.

I only discuss this because I'm afraid it's something that might actually happen. For the record, I'm okay with it being optional... But it sure as heck shouldn't be forced. No more forced motion controls, please!

It would most likely be a feature you can turn on/off like any other motion controls in most modern games. I'm not worried because if I remember correctly even BOTW which implemented the Switch's motion controls were optional, especially if you are using a "normal" controller.

I don't mind if they throw something in there for their new "base" or just to make it more immersive. Maybe even tweak the LGPE system, like the Pokemon move around far less depending upon how much health they have left, status conditions, etc rather than tossing a berry and hoping the little piece of... loving goodness doesn't run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom