• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly not bothered by the square-shaped sand island haha. This is going to sound really weird, but I would prefer that the vegetation, soil, and water look more realistic than the shape of the ledges and land masses. Since I've been playing Pokemon games for so long, I guess I'm just really used to it. I'm wondering if going back to the square-shaped landscapes but yet keeping the 3D environment of SM and USUM would allow them to give more than enough storage space to put in a butt-load of content?

Another thing to think about... don't get your hopes up too high, but of if this image is real, it can be a good indicator that a trailer isn't too far behind. You can't exactly leak a screenshot without having access to the trailer footage itself.

Not sure if the picture is real or fake, though it’s as convincing as anything else would be. Still, it confuses me that people are expecting for Pokémon to look that different on the Switch, especially if the game is going to explore old locations.

Gamefreak has their aesthetic, there’s no reason for them to change it too much. It was different going from sprites to 3D models. Here, we’re just moving to different models.

I mean, there’s definitely a lot of things that are more important to me than whether its on a grid or not- are the trainers customizable? Do they have a variety of styles of clothing? (please let me have some options for longer pants and hoodies and stuff- or even just more practical sporty things? I hate almost all of the options for the girl trainer, but like, they’re fine, i just want more variety in them instead of them all being short and cute (also yeah it was a tropical region but im still bummed about it- even in Kalos, the few hoodies that were available were really short)) I also definitely want some new areas to explore or more secrets to find, redesigned puzzles, diversified wild Pokemon (Kanto forms of newer Pokemon... come on guys)

While it's true that expecting too much from the graphic is not good, I have to say that I was absolutely not expecting this...
I mean, no matter about the quality of the picture, the style looks basically like s/m. I'm quite sure that I couldn't have noted the difference if I didn't see it from so close.
This is not like expecting too much...for the first game on console this is like expecting nothing at all. I hope it's fake.

P.s. I'm even worried about that trainer having the usual dumb face with a huge smile.

This looks too much like ORAS. I don't think that GF will ever go back to the grid. This is just too underwhelming for the first home console game.

While it's true that expecting too much from the graphic is not good, I have to say that I was absolutely not expecting this...
I mean, no matter about the quality of the picture, the style looks basically like s/m. I'm quite sure that I couldn't have noted the difference if I didn't see it from so close.
This is not like expecting too much...for the first game on console this is like expecting nothing at all. I hope it's fake.

P.s. I'm even worried about that trainer having the usual dumb face with a huge smile.

this is my main fear regarding story presentation. Character interaction will be limited when your player char is constantly nonchalant and looks to be having 2 or 3 good memories at once.

My main issue with all this is that it honestly looks like a dedicated tablet game. People say to try and be tame about the jump from 3DS to Switch, but Botw didn't seem to get that Memo. Also, In Super Mario odyssey, New Donk city is filled to the brim with peeps walking around having blast, something that no mario level features in Galaxy or 3D world, Meanwhile it doesn't even appear that the camera is rotatable in the screenshot.

Something about this seems unfinished, like we haven't gotten the full scoop on the game yet and something is still being withheld.

i'm gonna say it's real. sun and moon finished around early-mid 2016.
it only gave game freak like 2 years to work on the switch game and also the first HD pokemon game...so i'm not surprised tbh.

Here's a good indicator to see if the screenshot is real... if Pokejungle and everybody else involved starts getting Ninja-swiped. If they start getting threats from Nintendo, then it's real for sure.
That would basically confirm that the picture is real. I don't expect it to happen.

Reading all of this made me think of this compilation of people jumping-the-gun on calling X and Y leaks fake.

View: https://imgur.com/a/09TBM
It just shows how ridiculous some of us may look in the future if we aren't careful enough with our word choice. We definitely need this right now.

Same thing happened with Black/White and the Sun/Moon Starters. Also do you remember “They will never change Gyms”. I see people say the same thing about the combat system. I am not saying it will change, the leaks could be fake, but never say never (also I wonder how many people actually ate their hats)

Reading all of this made me think of this compilation of people jumping-the-gun on calling X and Y leaks fake.

View: https://imgur.com/a/09TBM
It just shows how ridiculous some of us may look in the future if we aren't careful enough with our word choice. We definitely need this right now.

The difference here is that the greninja and hawlucha don't look bad. They look like they can be real

I don't know. Clearly no one should think that we are gonna get BOTW, but don't you think that when GF started developping the games they wanted to make the first games on console look different from 3ds? I'm not saying totally different, but at least different enough to notice it.
Even on the same console d/p and x/y style look different from b/w and s/m. How is it now that a Switch game looks almost exactly like a 3ds one in style?

If it is real, I hope it's only a beta shot, as in that is not the model they're using for that island. There is no way I'm believing in any way that they did WORSE than even XY and ORAS. That's just impossible. If it is a beta shot, then serious damage control needs to be done, because if this goes around and people are thinking this is a close to finished product, people will dump it immediately. This was NOT supposed to get this far, nor should it be allowed to go any further. If it's fake, it makes no difference to me. It's still incorrect and therefore I don't believe it.

The difference here is that the greninja and hawlucha don't look bad. They look like they can be real
To be fair, it looked bad enough to some people to dismiss it as fake. I agree with VelVoxelRaptor that we should "never say never," especially when people with more than an ounce of credibility are involved.

I don't know. Clearly no one should think that we are gonna get BOTW, but don't you think that when GF started developping the games they wanted to make the first games on console look different from 3ds? I'm not saying totally different, but at least different enough to notice it.
Even on the same console d/p and x/y style look different from b/w and s/m. How is it now that a Switch game looks almost exactly like a 3ds one in style?

Here's something kinda interesting: even though the terrain looks like Gen 6, the trainer and Pokemon overworld sprites look Gen 7.

To be fair though you guys... Gen 4 didn't have that much of a drastic change in graphics from Gen 3. The only noticeable things that come to mind was the 3D-ness of certain things like Spear Pillar and the Distortion World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom