• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This leak just looks so fake. Why would Alolan Forms need to be renamed Exotic Forms when a blanket term (Regional Variants) already exists? The stuff about Mew being an Ultra Beast is unnecessary. Alola being part of the Orange Islands also doesn't make any sense because Hawaii is so far apart from Japan. This leak is also too close to the anime and not even Pokemon Yellow was that close.

How about a special Eevee that can devolve? That way you preserve Eevee's mascot status while also showcasing its key feature-- evolution-- in a way that hasn't been possible before, by letting you do it often without getting locked into one form.

How about a special Eevee that can devolve? That way you preserve Eevee's mascot status while also showcasing its key feature-- evolution-- in a way that hasn't been possible before, by letting you do it often without getting locked into one form.
I don't think that Eevee will ever be a starter in a main series game.

There was a 4chan thread a while back that said there would be two versions for the Pokemon fro the Switch and one of them would have Pikachu as the starter and the other one would have Eevee. with the picture leak we got that had Eevee riding on the back of the Pokemon Trainer then I can certainly see it happening. One game you can get Pikachu while the other game you get Eevee and those are the only two Pokemon that can follow you and are your starter choices. It would suck in my opinion cause I would rather get the Kanto starters to choose for my first starter and then get Pikachu or Eevee.

There was a 4chan thread a while back that said there would be two versions for the Pokemon fro the Switch and one of them would have Pikachu as the starter and the other one would have Eevee. with the picture leak we got that had Eevee riding on the back of the Pokemon Trainer then I can certainly see it happening. One game you can get Pikachu while the other game you get Eevee and those are the only two Pokemon that can follow you and are your starter choices. It would suck in my opinion cause I would rather get the Kanto starters to choose for my first starter and then get Pikachu or Eevee.
Yes it would. People like myself like having starter choices. It increases replay value.

I just used the google's translation of what the word meant and it stated just adding new info to an existing story.
Really? Google Translate is still defining it as revising previous info for me.
upload_2018-5-14_20-28-9.png
Even still, the comment below mine showcases Gamefreak have retconned before.
Pokemon retcons things all the time. New pokemon, New evo states, new types, Breeding, natures, abilities, forms, gender differences, Megas, Z Moves. And that is all besides inserting some of these aspects into regions that didn't have them before, and counteracting their own statements of recent discoveries.
But all of these examples have been about adding things without removing anything. The only thing lost in any of this is the validity of the claim that they're "not yet discovered.
Some of the things about how pokemon are treated by the dex now contradict how they were treated earlier in terms of gender unique forms
Not sure what you mean here? Every Pokemon with different forms based on gender has kept this trait throughout the games.
Some of their retcons don't even make sense, such as the Ancientpower evolution fiasco.
Actually, two of the three Pokemon that evolve from AncientPower were not able to learn the move in previous generations. Piloswine's the only error.

What I mean is how earlier pokemon had two separate entries if their males and females looked different. Think Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise. Now later pokemon are one entry instead of two.

What I mean is how earlier pokemon had two separate entries if their males and females looked different. Think Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise. Now later pokemon are one entry instead of two.
Those Pokemon are counted as different species, not just differences because of gender. (Male and female Pikachu look different, for example, and they're not separate entries) And the Pokemon you listed still count as separate entries in the PokeDex and have different descriptions.
upload_2018-5-14_21-46-15.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-48-13.png
(There's no Gen 7 entry shown because they're not in the Alolan dex)

Can I ask why many people / insiders of "credibility" are talking like they are insiders of the pokemon switch game, are vague, give rumours or don't say what they know, and act like its a secret club or something.

I've noticed Resetera specifically is very bad with this with Joe, Emily and Tom Phillips acting this way, and the group of people who either commune with the Chinese riddler or speak on his behalf. Is it so they can control the info or an attention seeking thing ?

Can I ask why many people / insiders of "credibility" are talking like they are insiders of the pokemon switch game, are vague, give rumours or don't say what they know, and act like its a secret club or something.

I've noticed Resetera specifically is very bad with this with Joe, Emily and Tom Phillips acting this way, and the group of people who either commune with the Chinese riddler or speak on his behalf. Is it so they can control the info or an attention seeking thing ?
Im willing to say it’s an attention seeking thing. Gives them relevance and social media traffic.

there certainly is an attention seeking aspect to it but I'm guessing at least for the people that actually know something, they hint/talk vague so as to avoid getting in trouble

I'm willing to bet the only concrete information floating around on the insiders side of things is that the game is a 2018 launch that will take place in Kanto. All of them are very confident in a 2018 release but are hesitant to call it a gen 8 game

Halfway through May and we still don't have any information.

TBH, Inb4 there isn't a reveal at E3 this year either.

Like, Masuda will barely even acknowledge the game, which makes me think he really doesn't want people thinking about it too much, probably because it ain't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom