• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see more regional variants of non-Kanto Pokemon, and I think that those could work really well in a remade Kanto. I think the only difficulty would be finding a reason why they would have variants- Alola was a really distinctive region, whereas Kanto is kind of the archetypical region from which most other regions are based- the only thing I can think of that's especially distinct to it would be the older style of Pokemon design? I guess they could have, like, Kantonian Gible/Gabite/Garchop, designed to look more like how Kanto Pokemon were designed, but its hard to imagine exactly what that would look like.

Although I don't know a lot about the actual Kanto region of Japan, so the devs would probably be better suited than I would to come up with Kanto variants of newer Pokemon :p

I was talking about remakes like FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS. I don't think that they'll introduce new Pokemon in that kind of remake.
I mean, technically ORAS introduced new forms by adding new megas mid-gen. They could very well take the next step with remakes and introduce new pokemon entirely like USUM did.

I'd love to see more regional variants of non-Kanto Pokemon, and I think that those could work really well in a remade Kanto. I think the only difficulty would be finding a reason why they would have variants- Alola was a really distinctive region, whereas Kanto is kind of the archetypical region from which most other regions are based- the only thing I can think of that's especially distinct to it would be the older style of Pokemon design? I guess they could have, like, Kantonian Gible/Gabite/Garchop, designed to look more like how Kanto Pokemon were designed, but its hard to imagine exactly what that would look like.

Although I don't know a lot about the actual Kanto region of Japan, so the devs would probably be better suited than I would to come up with Kanto variants of newer Pokemon :p
Well the easiest thing would be taking pokemon from tropical Alola and sending them to temperate Kanto for a change. Same could go for pokemon from equatorial Hoenn. If I recall right, Kanto has volcanic soil, so grass types might develop differently there than in other regions.

Might also want to check through this list for any possibles, given that they draw inspiration from the real world places that regions are based on- List of introduced species - Wikipedia

If the next games are in kanto, they won’t be straight up remakes of R/B/G. With there being comments and debate with the Chinese leakers, people who may or may not know something, etc, about whether or not the next games will be considered Gen 8 or not, I’m inclined to think new Pokémon are a given. New starters/Pokémon are a large part of what makes money, and I don’t think gamefreak will miss out on that for the switch game, whether we’re in an old region or not

I for one welcome our new Eevee Overlord. BOOK PIKACHU FROM THE MASCOT SPOT EEVEE. YOU CAN DO IT.

Anywaaaays. Rebooting and remaking Kanto could be fantastic for pokemon diversity. Technically in the reboot universe, the other regions are already well known so we could very easily say that new pokemon have been introduce through travelers coming with their pokemon. Regional variants of pokemon that never appeared before could exist. We could meet NPCs with pokemon from other regions (I'm looking at YOU, SS Anne trainers who have pokemon from all over the world but only have Kanto mons). Also, we could finally have those Johto mons who appeared in Kanto appear in a new Rebooted Kanto.

What's that you say? "It won't work with the pokedex! It'd throw the numbers all out of wack!"

;) That's the national dex, friend. I'm talking about the new KANTO DEX.

Anywaaaays. Rebooting and remaking Kanto could be fantastic for pokemon diversity. Technically in the reboot universe, the other regions are already well known so we could very easily say that new pokemon have been introduce through travelers coming with their pokemon. Regional variants of pokemon that never appeared before could exist. We could meet NPCs with pokemon from other regions (I'm looking at YOU, SS Anne trainers who have pokemon from all over the world but only have Kanto mons). Also, we could finally have those Johto mons who appeared in Kanto appear in a new Rebooted Kanto.

What's that you say? "It won't work with the pokedex! It'd throw the numbers all out of wack!"

;) That's the national dex, friend. I'm talking about the new KANTO DEX.

I like the idea of having a new Kanto Dex- and you could even have the old Kanto Dex in there as like a bonus challenge for people who really want to complete the original Dex- have some of the older mons be more rare or found in different locations than they used to be (crowded out by newer species?) to make it that much more of a challenge now that the region has changed over the years. That could be a nice way around the fact that they seem to be dropping the National Dex as something that trainers should strive to complete- have the new Kanto dex for the main playthrough, and then in the postgame people can hunt for all their old favorites? (Its just an idea- I know that might upset people, and I don't really expect them to do it, but it sounds like fun to me :p)

Oh I'm sure the old mons would still be around! Just with new pokemon added for more diversity. Plus having some newer pokemon around would probably help those who don't want to really go back to Kanto feel a bit better about it because they're not stuck using the same old 151. I know that's part of the reason I don't enjoy nuzlockes in Fire Red and Leaf Green as much as others.

I'm a total nerd and sometimes think about which pokemon are actually native to the regions they're introduce to, like I know a bunch of Kanto Pokemon technically aren't native to the region at all. This sounds like a great way to make it possible to catch some of those in the wild on top of adding new team possibilities with other pokemon added in. Plus I love the idea of regional pokemon and really hope to see more in the future!

Plus this could give them the chance to put Kangaskhan in Rock Tunnel like it is in the S/G/C/HG/SS games. Which fits more in line with the species actual native habitats in other regions compared to tossing them in a tropical area like the Safari Zone. Because seriously, where do you tend to find Kangaskhan when its not in a safari type location? Rock Tunnel, Glittering Cave, and Wela Volcano Park. All rocky, mountainous locations with caverns (granted, you never actually get to see the inside of the caves at Wela Volcano Park >_>). Sure there was Route 15 in Unova, but a Ranger said that some Poke-Transfer pokemon escaped onto that route and considering Kangaskhan isn't there in the sequels we can say it was one of said non-native escaped pokemon so you can't really count the location as a native habitat.

You've made it obvious that's how you feel hun. I don't blame you. Kanto's always been the stale white bread of pokemon regions. But if they do remake it and give it a whole new look and feel you should consider taking a look at it to see if they can actually make it more interesting for you! Maybe look up some videos on youtube or something if this is the route they take. Then you can make the ultimate decision on if you like it or not.

Me? I'm basically open to whatever they choose to do. :) I'm a pokemon fan, so I don't care where they take me as long as its an enjoyable experience.

Let´s have fun /vp/ - Few but safe info - Pokémon - 4chan

This might be the leaker I put the most stock in, since the limitations they described being under about what they are allowed to know seemed very real to me. That being said, the snakes' demands seem kind of odd- it will be interesting to see how much of this stuff holds up once we get some official news, I'm legitimately very curious.

Let´s have fun /vp/ - Few but safe info - Pokémon - 4chan

I'll say that this is interesting. I'm not putting a lot of stock into it, but would definitely be interested if it turns out to be accurate. It feels somewhat like they're just taking ideas they've seen, ie. Evee-lution/airplane/flying and mixing in their own things.

The evil team sounds interesting, and the idea of them trying to attract people away from the villages could imply there is something of importance in the individual towns/villages that they want access to. I feel like it's unlikely the two legendaries would both be snakes though.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

More Eeveelutions are always welcome. OuO

I think by weaker mon they obviously mean pokemon with lower stat totals or just unevolved pokemon in general.

I like snakes. Two legendary snakes sound neato. Though the sound of that evil snake means its gonna be fighting with my boy sneasel over pokemon eggs. AND I ALWAYS CHOOSE SNEASEL, SNAKE BOY.

The idea of a villain team making a city is pretty unique. I like it. It's like Po town but instead of being filled with outcasts just looking to have people who understand them its Mayor Ghetsis bein all "Yo guys come to my awesome city (I am totally not gonna take your land for my own personal gain once you vacate your old homes)."

I made a list of the things we have to investigate:

- Two snakes which apparently are brothers. One has wings (inner strenght personification), the other has lights on it and apparently takes care of abyss creatures. (cooperative spirit personification). (Flying and water?)
- Two eeveelutions hinted through a rock and a kyte (flying and rock?). Behind them there's a pyramid.
- There's an airport that brings somewhere in America. Over the American flag there's a wormhole (Alola?)
- There's a picture of Buddha with a pokeball. (India/Sril Lanka region?).
- There are motocars. (common in India)
- Evil team is building a huge town so to attract people from the villages and empty the island.
- Turbo mechanic (stats boost for weaker pokémon).
- A picture with flying lanterns.
- Two unknown hints: Hills have eyes and Jungle2Jungle. (what could these mean?)

If there's something missing, add it.

P.s. The leaker ended the post like this: "Best Wishes guys". Is this a hint at BW or at a reboot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom