• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will however put a 100 Pokedollar bill on the table, voting that the leaks (at least some of them), are fake. Anyone else want to throw in Poke money into the pile?
Pokémon Dollars?!? Pokémon Dollars are no good out here. I need something more real...

I think you'll need to be more specific. I'd be willing to bet that:

a: the screenshot is fake
b: the logo is fake
c: we are not returning to Kanto

Put me down for 500 theoretical poke dollars and a bottlecap.

Yeah, sorry about that. I agree with you on those three as well as the 151 only leak.
Wow, that's a lot of money... I think I'll put in 500 more as well as two diamonds and two pearls.

TL;DR:
-Several privatized videos listed in Switch playlists appeared across various Nintendo youtube channels.
-Sun and Moon reveal trailers privatized aswell (likely to avoid people searching for new reveal trailers finding the old ones).
-Youtubers preparing massive clickbait videos as we speak.
-Joe damage controlling to keep the hype levels from skyrocketing followed by massive disappointment and negativity.
-Itshappening.gif
-Soon™

To be fair, he needs to realize that it's partially his fault about this week in particular; he's fully on board with Emily and several others that a reveal is supposed to happen sometime this week. If he wants to do real damage control, he needs to keep his mouth shut because he knows damn well how much weight his word seems to carry within the community. I'm sorry, but he shouldn't be complaining about hype for this week when he posts stuff like this:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1000428048024526849

You will get nothing.

tenor.gif

I will be believing that this is a Yellow remake with only the original 151 until proven otherwise, because I desperately don't want it to be. I am willing to bet that Pidgey I saw over there. He's probably cool with it.

I have a feeling that ALL of the leaks we got about the games are fake. i'm going with a 50/50 chance.
Anyone agree with me?
I wouldn’t say ALL of them are fake. The majority will be like X/Y and Sun/Moon but I think there are a few out there that could be real. The original Lets Go leak in particular has a lot going for it. More so than Stars ever did.

To be fair, he needs to realize that it's partially his fault about this week in particular;

I agree. I was perfectly content in my bubble, not knowing anything until e3. I check his website everyday though to keep up with wifi events and such and he just had to post about the let's go leak on his front page, so I started researching it. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that. I don't follow him on twitter or anything and I wasn't planning on coming back here until the Switch games had an official announcement. It's not that I put 100% faith in him because I know he's been wrong before, but if he doesn't want people to get hyped, then why is he helping spread awareness of potentially false information?

It’s weird given joe’s stance with Gen 7, it’s not like him to change especially given how elitist he is.

I’m curious what the future holds tbh and it likely won’t be as grim as people are making it out to be XD

What is Joe's stance with Gen 7? I'm going to guess not well?

I don't know whether it is earned or not, but he seems to have a lot of trust among the Pokemon community where these things are concerned. You'd have to think twice before gambling that if you weren't sure.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the Japanese registry meant to update 44 or so minutes ago? Pokexperto said that it would be 2am CET on May 29, it’s now 2:44am on May 29

Because he's sure that the titles will be used for real games.

I know he has some of his own sources and he probably has good reason to believe the names are real, but I really don't think his website is an appropriate place to post that information while it's still unconfirmed. He usually doesn't put that kind of stuff on his website, so the fact that he did is sort of weird. It should really be kept to his twitter or else he shouldn't care how hyped fans get as a result. His actions conflict with each other.

Yeah, sorry about that. I agree with you on those three as well as the 151 only leak.
Wow, that's a lot of money... I think I'll put in 500 more as well as two diamonds and two pearls.

Great. I had blocked the 151 rumor from my mind already. I don't want to think about the possibility of them making that mistake again without major overhauls to the encounter/battle mechanics. I'll meet your raise. But...um. Who gets the prize if we are both betting on the same thing? I guess we just get back what we bet.

Current local time in Japan is 10AM, Tuesday 29th. The LGPE trademarks were filed on the 15th, CSC update their database every two weeks so if i am correct they should be registered within the next six hours. Which means that should all this be real & Nintendo decide to announce something, it will be somewhere within these 6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom