• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get animated trailers again?

pokemon-go-generation-3-datamine--738x410.jpg.optimal.jpg

262305.jpg

Those were my sht

trademarks going live today was never a certainty so I don't think we'll see them today

I still think we're getting a reveal this week though

Well, they are the Pokemon originally native to Kanto. Although any attempt to explain the cross-generational relatives not being native would be silly.
Isn’t Houndour technically native to Kanto though along with some other Johto Pokemon?

Patience is a virtue. Whoever is in charge of the announcement seems to rate us very highly in that regard, at least.
Or they just want to see us burn to death, holding a Switch without a Pokemon cartridge- bamboozled for the world to see.

I'm still extremely disappointed that we didn't get such trailers for Gen 7. Showing off Ultra Necrozma, Rainbow Rocket, and some of the Trials would've been awesome.

The closest thing we have to that in the USUM pre-release season is this:

This singular trailer hyped me up for these games, not to mention the great music! An animated version of this trailer would have been great.
And I still hate that the music went unused beyond this trailer.

So if we don't get some sort of announcement in the next 3 days, then do we discredit Emily?

Honestly, if we don't get a reveal in these last few days of the month, I'm gonna be a 2019 kid.

Gee, I don't know why, but since we've been waiting so long for some idea of gen 8 to appear, it got me thinking about the future of pokemon altogether. In 20 years or so, we're almost up to an eighth generation, and over 800 pokemon. So, I guess game franchises have been going on for several decades now, dating back to stuff like Mario and Zelda, but with each new pokemon helping so far we've gotten new ones. Those kinds of action and platforming franchises just have to get better and more advanced, and even rpgs just drop their monster rosters in every game (like final fantasy and dragon quest) in favor of a reworked group. But pokemon is building a world-wide ecological system, that just keeps growing, kinda mirroring our own planet's life, just as creatures I guess.

Well anyway, there's a song I used to listen to called "Yours Truly, 2095", and I suddenly wonder what generation, or how many pokemon they'd be up to by then, ya know? Can pokemon go that long? Will games even exist in the same manner they do now? If they've gone 30 some years, even though the market has changed a bunch, I bet it can go 30 or so more easy. Will pokemon have to change it's model of growth eventually, and will we even catch a hint of that coming change in this switch game? To make us rethink how pokemn will grow from now on. Anyway, I guess I'm just lookin for stuff to talk about. Welp.

Gee, I don't know why, but since we've been waiting so long for some idea of gen 8 to appear, it got me thinking about the future of pokemon altogether. In 20 years.......a bunch of stuff...... game? To make us rethink how pokemn will grow from now on. Anyway, I guess I'm just lookin for stuff to talk about. Welp.
Well I think that post was just a bit silly, but I think what I was trying to say is when we fans talk about stuff like tradition, and geneartions, and what's evolution and what's a form , or what's to dark or what they've done or haven't done with the series, some day it could all change. It could all change with this switch game, even. The all new, future course of pokemon! Never mind backlash or expectations, or what they usually do or never done, cuz someday it mights still be pokemon, but in a form we might not even recognize. That makes all the arguing seem kinda silly when you get right down to it. Just imagine if after red and blue/green, they added 5 types, took away half the pokemon for good, added 3rd and fourth evolutions, or let you play as the bad guys... all of that stuff sounds unrealistic now, but if they did it back in gold and silver, it'd be the norm. It'd be history. We just don't know what to expect, honestly. That's just the way I see it, though.

Cuz they've got to do what they've got to do to get to 2095, after all! Anyway, it's been fun taling to you swell guys and gals, and let's hope we meet again someday! Don't forget to have fun, folks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom