• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That people will only buy the Sinnoh remakes if they essentially make them paired Platinum remakes with many features included from later gens. People have high expectations for Sinnoh remakes.
I think it's probable that they do that. After all, HGSS is almost a paired Crystal remake.

That people will only buy the Sinnoh remakes if they essentially make them paired Platinum remakes with many features included from later gens. People have high expectations for Sinnoh remakes.
I don’t see how are those “high” expectations.

For instance, remakes on the Switch isn’t going to be as slow as DP. It’s a lot more powerful system than the DS.

Second, even LGPE of all games included riding Pokemon, so it’s not like it’s unlikely for DP remakes to include them too.

I don’t know the chances they’ll include the Platinum pokedex, but everything else seems reasonable.

Platinum's content isn't really all that hard to include, the hardest parts for them to include would be the main game section of the Distortion World and the Battle Frontier, and we might not even see either of those. Beyond that it's mainly just the expanded Sinnoh Dex, which they may as well do since they have to include all of the National Dex models anyway. I mean it's possible they come up with some BS reason for only using the DP Sinnoh Dex, but I doubt it, the Platinum Sinnoh Dex happened precisely because DP's Sinnoh Dex was so horribly imbalanced. DP + Platinum Dex + Giratina arc should be enough for the most part, it'd still be a bit disappointing if there was no Battle Frontier in DP remakes but since the Battle Frontier was less integral to Platinum's identity and it would be less of a shock if it were excluded now, there'd probably be less backlash. Again, the main issue is how much they're going to simplify DP content, as DP had much more extra content than RS.

I think the only thing they could tweak story-wise is replacing Giratina with the main legendary or putting Giratina in an extra story like what happened with Rayquaza in the Delta Episode. Maybe give some focus to Regigigas since its the only legendary that doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the game. Giving Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus a mini-story would be interesting but that would be stretching things.

I think the only thing they could tweak story-wise is replacing Giratina with the main legendary or putting Giratina in an extra story like what happened with Rayquaza in the Delta Episode. Maybe give some focus to Regigigas since its the only legendary that doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the game. Giving Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus a mini-story would be interesting but that would be stretching things.

I would almost think that Giratana and the Distortion World would be a post-game episode like the delta episode, and the main legendary be the focus of the main game.

or Giratana and Diala/Palkia during the main game, and a post-game episode with Darkrai and Cresselia to explain their story more.

I think Arceus is the most likely Mythical Pokemon to engage Giratina in battle, not only they are related but in terms of lore, Arceus would be the most dangerous Pokemon if angered. And I'm pretty sure Arceus would not be happy to find out that Dialga and Palkia were being used to destroy the whole universe, this would create an interesting post-game story that it would happen because of Cyrus's doing.

I would be okay if they just didn’t do any more remakes tbh
Well, I personally find it kind of fun to return to a region with immensely better graphics than when it was first introduced. I would only mind if I considered a certain generation as "bad," but I don't dislike any. (White was a pain, but having played Black 2 before means that I still find Unova appealing.)

Remakes are made to keep the series alive, as generations need to be spaced out.
Sequels only happened once but I can see why it would be a pain to do them. But I guess everything is desirable before third versions.

Although I don't know that LGs would be every two years... if they were every three, that would extend things out a bit, but maybe not by much.
I think that releasing Let's Go entries every 3 years would defeat their purpose. They're kid-oriented and Masuda has repeatedly voiced his concern about kids losing interest when they don't get new toys. Also, it would make the most sense to split up the company into a team for traditional games (led by Ohmori) and a team for Let's Go (led by Masuda). In that case, I don't see how it would be feasible for DP/BW remakes to follow right after initial versions. The Let's Go entries would be easier to develop.

Last edited:
If BMGf is anty indication, the demand for DP remakes is much lower than the demand for RS ones was. The dedicated DP thread has 113 pages after 4.5 years, while just the 2010 RS thread had 137 pages in just 7 months (it had to be locked).

Let's Go games are the easiest kind of money.

There are so many more forum topics about DP remakes that have extensively talked about them in other Pokemon forum sites, the only one it hasn't happened was the Serebii forums, but that's only because of the rule to not talk about future remakes until they had a name.

Well, I personally find it kind of fun to return to a region with immensely better graphics than when it was first introduced. I would only mind if I considered a certain generation as "bad," but I don't dislike any. (White was a pain, but having played Black 2 before means that I still find Unova appealing.)
I just don’t know why they insist on creating the exact same games, almost without any changes, when they could just instead work on creating more games, or adding more features into the other games that come out per gen. And I don’t know why the fan base is so rabid for remakes. No other series does this as constantly as Pokémon does

Honestly, I don't really care about a potential Sinnoh remake, as I am sure it will follow more or less the same structure ORAS had: the game will look great, it will have a few new very exciting features that make me super hyped, but it will also leave out a lot of the good things about the original DP/Pt (especially Platinum), and those omissions will eventually drive me crazy, and make me want to play the originals (read: Platinum) instead.

If anything I expect Sinnoh remakes to be worse than Hoenn remakes were in terms of cutting original content and dumbing down the game. Since Sinnoh is the region Masuda thinks he went too far with in terms of "map difficulty" and whatnot, I expect Sinnoh remakes to have a lot of jarring simplifications all over the place.

But for the record, I am almost 100% sure Sinnoh remakes will definitely be a thing eventually. However, I am unsure whether they will be under the usual remake format or Lets Go style.

I kinda imagine it would be Masuda's wet dream to remake Sinnoh in LGPE style, and finally "make up" for the "mistake" the classic Sinnoh map was. (I am half joking here).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom