• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

The Ice Rock would definitely be in Shoal Cave, and I think either New Mauville if it were expanded, or else some new area, could be where Magneton and Nosepass evolve.

Speaking of those, what areas do you guys think could use a serious revamp? I'd love to see a complete redesign of Petalburg Woods, maybe with a part that's not accessible until much later in the game for a selection of stronger Pokémon (and space for a Moss Rock maybe?)

I'd kind of like to see a redesign to the Mt. Chimney area to make it a bit more connected (especially if they're doing a sequel), instead of Team Magma's Hideout being some random cave, it's completely integrated into the mountain. And maybe a shortcut back to Fiery Pass.

Also, Mt. Pyre. The design is kind of odd, the path splits in the first room and the main path is actually more hidden than the optional path, and features two separate areas (the optional mausoleum area and the outside path leading to the orbs). They should redesign it so that it's more like the more recent mountainous areas like Mt. Coronet and HGSS Mt. Silver, one long path (with plenty of optional branching paths of course) weaving in and out of the mountain.

New Victory Road would be nice, though.

Speaking of those, what areas do you guys think could use a serious revamp? I'd love to see a complete redesign of Petalburg Woods, maybe with a part that's not accessible until much later in the game for a selection of stronger Pokémon (and space for a Moss Rock maybe?)
I'd kind of like to see a redesign to the Mt. Chimney area to make it a bit more connected (especially if they're doing a sequel), instead of Team Magma's Hideout being some random cave, it's completely integrated into the mountain. And maybe a shortcut back to Fiery Pass.
Also, Mt. Pyre. The design is kind of odd, the path splits in the first room and the main path is actually more hidden than the optional path, and features two separate areas (the optional mausoleum area and the outside path leading to the orbs). They should redesign it so that it's more like the more recent mountainous areas like Mt. Coronet and HGSS Mt. Silver, one long path (with plenty of optional branching paths of course) weaving in and out of the mountain.
New Victory Road would be nice, though.

Victory Road could be connected to main part of Ever Grande on the cave, which would be revealed to be an ancient city that became the place of training for Ace Trainers.

anyone think theres a possibility that hoenn remakes might be announced at the mid west gaming classic this week end? i mean nintendo is going to the pokemon podcast on a weekend that would be happening at the same time as pax east. they have to have a good reason for choosing to attend that over pax east and to a pokemon area to. if not hoenn remakes maybe the next games or a spin off?

anyone think theres a possibility that hoenn remakes might be announced at the mid west gaming classic this week end? i mean nintendo is going to the pokemon podcast on a weekend that would be happening at the same time as pax east. they have to have a good reason for choosing to attend that over pax east and to a pokemon area to. if not hoenn remakes maybe the next games or a spin off?

Usually they announce main-series games in January, if they are going to announce anything Pokémon related it will probably be related to that new "Pikachu detective" game that they had been hinting at for a while which is likely a side-series game. It is a little early if we look at past trends to have another main-series game usually new big titles come out approximately 2 years after the initial pair so we could see a major reveal next winter with the game released the following autumn.

Usually they announce main-series games in January, if they are going to announce anything Pokémon related it will probably be related to that new "Pikachu detective" game that they had been hinting at for a while which is likely a side-series game. It is a little early if we look at past trends to have another main-series game usually new big titles come out approximately 2 years after the initial pair so we could see a major reveal next winter with the game released the following autumn.

Not recently since platnum we've had a game release each year. platuin 09 hg/ss 10 b/w 11 b2/w2 12 x/y 13

bw 2 were announced in feburary i believe and from what i've found is the new games tend to get announced around 7 months after the last games came out in japan. so may or june and some games were announced in june. but still nothing stops them from announcing games eailer then that.

but it probably is the pickachu detective game

I just thought of something that would be really messed up but kind of funny at the same time.

They'll remake Gen III games, but Game Freak remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green instead and calls them Mega Fire Red and Mega Leaf Green. Hey, all dem Pokemon fans keep saying they want Gen III games and hey, the entire fandom has a thing for Kanto, right?? :B

I just thought of something that would be really messed up but kind of funny at the same time.

They'll remake Gen III games, but Game Freak remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green instead and calls them Mega Fire Red and Mega Leaf Green. Hey, all dem Pokemon fans keep saying they want Gen III games and hey, the entire fandom has a thing for Kanto, right?? :B

And from my knowledge the fandom has grown incredibly weary of Kanto. I know I can't stand that damn region, the fandom has been there four times so far. FOUR.

That would be met with a mixed-to-negative reception if one considers X and Y were already built specifically to pander to Genwunners (the first pokemon you fight in the wild is PIDGEY. And the first forest is Viridian in 3D)
Besides, FRLG aren't technically Gen III anyway, they're Gen I remakes for Gen III which at the current point in time aren't that desired.

This would be like GF trying to commit suicide, so I doubt it will happen.
@lugia61617; Actually, technically, they are part of Gen III. The same way the HG/SS are part of Gen IV. Generations are supposed to be independent of regions, and only dependant on time. Yet, the fact is that a "Generation" is a fan made term, so its definition can vary depending on the discussion. In the case of the title of this thread "The Generation III Remake Discussion", it actually means "The Hoenn Remake Discussion", and its assumed that people know this.

This confusion between "generation" and "region" is exactly the reason why I made this blog post (and this picture in it), as well as why I prefer to call them "Hoenn Remakes" or even "R/S Remakes".

This would be like GF trying to commit suicide, so I doubt it will happen.
@lugia61617; Actually, technically, they are part of Gen III. The same way the HG/SS are part of Gen IV. Generations are supposed to be independent of regions, and only dependant on time. Yet, the fact is that a "Generation" is a fan made term, so its definition can vary depending on the discussion. In the case of the title of this thread "The Generation III Remake Discussion", it actually means "The Hoenn Remake Discussion", and its assumed that people know this.

This confusion between "generation" and "region" is exactly the reason why I made this blog post (and this picture in it), as well as why I prefer to call them "Hoenn Remakes" or even "R/S Remakes".

Now that is a kind of grim thing to say isn't it? We are talking about a society (Dear Japan) where suicide is regarded as the most honourable method of escaping shame or humiliation. GameFreak really does care about its fans (unlike Microsoft and McDonalds) I could see members of GF committing seppuku if they fail to please their fans but enough of this grim talk

Firered and Leafgreen are a part of Generation Three (generation is a fan-made term originally) so I could see Kanto games being remade (again) as well but not put into a single game along with Hoenn. I don't think that Nintendo and Gamefreak actually have a specific definition in mind for "Generation" from what I see they seem to consider a Generation as the length of time that the series spend on one console.

If remakes were made of Hoenn, I would suspect the 2 versions to be infused with some traits and features from Emerald in the way that HGSS had some stuff from Pokémon Crystal in it. If remakes were made of Kanto I think they would follow the original Japanese titles "Red and Green" because that is what the first remakes did. I don't think the vast majority of Pokémon fans really even want to see Kanto again or even know much about it in the first place considering how long ago we last saw it.

Now that is a kind of grim thing to say isn't it? We are talking about a society (Dear Japan) where suicide is regarded as the most honourable method of escaping shame or humiliation. GameFreak really does care about its fans (unlike Microsoft and McDonalds) I could see members of GF committing seppuku if they fail to please their fans but enough of this grim talk

Duuuuuuude, I was joking.
But I was kind of being serious too, as I was talking about GF as a company, not the people working for it. And I meant that if they remade Kanto again, it probably wouldn't sell as well as they'd expect, hence causing them to lose money, and then it'd be as if the company killed itself.
Then again, to be honest, if they did remake Kanto, it would still sell well, just cuz its Pokemon.

If remakes were made of Hoenn, I would suspect the 2 versions to be infused with some traits and features from Emerald in the way that HGSS had some stuff from Pokémon Crystal in it. If remakes were made of Kanto I think they would follow the original Japanese titles "Red and Green" because that is what the first remakes did. I don't think the vast majority of Pokémon fans really even want to see Kanto again or even know much about it in the first place considering how long ago we last saw it.

Yup, I think this as well.

So given X&Y, would we still be Brendan/May or would we design our own characters so to speak?

Also, I can't wait to see Contests XY style. I hope they include a battle segment akin to the Anime.

So given X&Y, would we still be Brendan/May or would we design our own characters so to speak?

Well, why not both? In X and Y, we are Calem/Serena, but we can still design our own characters. So, I guess it would work the same way for Brendan/May in the remakes.

Also, I can't wait to see Contests XY style. I hope they include a battle segment akin to the Anime.

I suspect that by default we could choose Brendan/May as in their original designs but still have the option to change it. Wouldn't the battle segment require programming potentially thousands of move combinations as well as animations if they were to do it the way it is seen in the anime?

I can almost imagine them replacing Pokéblocks with Pokémochi (based on a Japanese rice cake that is prepared similarly to Poffins).

I suspect that by default we could choose Brendan/May as in their original designs but still have the option to change it. Wouldn't the battle segment require programming potentially thousands of move combinations as well as animations if they were to do it the way it is seen in the anime?

I can almost imagine them replacing Pokéblocks with Pokémochi (based on a Japanese rice cake that is prepared similarly to Poffins).

Oh okay.

And nono, it would be simple battling just like how the game does normally. They would just be added to Contests too. With a Point system as well~

I didnt play gen 3 much so i would really love a remake. I would love to be able to customize my character aswell.

Speaking of customizable outfits, where do you think they'd put the boutiques?

Rustboro City, Slateport City, and Lilycove City will probably all have one. There's probably going to be one in either Mossdeep City, Sootopolis City, or Evergrande City (I'm going to say Evergrande simply because that city needs to be fleshed out more). And probably one in some of the smaller towns like Fallabor, Lavaridge, or Fortree.

Rustboro City, Slateport City, and Lilycove City will probably all have one. There's probably going to be one in either Mossdeep City, Sootopolis City, or Evergrande City (I'm going to say Evergrande simply because that city needs to be fleshed out more). And probably one in some of the smaller towns like Fallabor, Lavaridge, or Fortree.
Rustboro, Slateport, Verdanturf, Lavaridge, Petalburg, Lilycove, and Sootopolis are all places I can see boutiques being located.

Likely the larger city's and where ever there is a female leader

Likely the larger city's and where ever there is a female leader
I see it more as centers of commerce or fashion. Verdanturf is the first Contest town, so I can see a clothing store being there. Rustboro, Lilycove and Slateport are major commerce hubs (and the latter two also host Contests), so they'd have one as well, I'd reckon. I don't see what female Leaders would have to do with it - I can't imagine Fortree having a boutique, and it's not like there was a pattern in XY of boutiques only being in towns with female Leaders - in fact, as I recall, most of the towns with boutiques had male Leaders (Lumiose, Cyllage, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom