• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémo

I already knew about the coelacanth from the DS version of Animal Crossing. Nonetheless, I was surprised that the shiny color is based off an actual species, since I thought the shiny colors were random. o.o

I love how thorough the articles are; keep up the amazing work~

Re: On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémo

Heh, I'm a big fan of your articles, Arty2! They were one of the things (along with the Pokemon zoo page on Bogleech) that inspired me to try writing my own. Your coverage of the fossil Pokemon is pretty exhaustive, and I'm holding off on writing about most of them because there isn't a lot that I add (though I may give Lileep a try soon).

I've enjoyed reading your as well; keep it up.
Thanks to Gamefreak there are heaps of such things to write about :)

Alright, another of these great articles! I always loved Relicanth.

Another one I knew. But still a fascinating read. Relicanth hold a special place in my heart as the pokemon that helped get me back into the franchise. (and I had one I could NOT beat in the Battle Tower)

Yeah, I remember seeing an old magazine scan WAY back showing off the upcoming AG Series...one of the pics had Relicanth jumping out of the water from AG 2, and I thought it was some kind of legendary at first.

Speaking of Relicanth, anyone ever figure out why it and Wailord activated that one Regi event?

Speaking of Relicanth, anyone ever figure out why it and Wailord activated that one Regi event?[/QUOTE]

Heard somewhere that it has to do with the fact that fish like the Coelacanth evolved to live on land and that dog-like animals evolved to live in the sea as whales.

As a further reference to the real world, the shiny Relicanth may have been discovered first.

And Relicanth being a rock-type may mean that the fossil pokemon were rock-types ages ago.

How come the qoute I sited isn't in a box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom