• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, by break him, I meant his stats. someone here suggested having both his Attack and Special Attack boosted to 150 with no drops in other stats.

He already has a base stat of 130 in each... and he would be in Ubers ALL pokemon in Ubers are broken plus his BST is 660.. though I'd ,ake it 140/140 instead so he can be equal to his brothers

I guess... sort of like a Rayquaza without biting the dust with Ice Shard?

So the rumors about Kyurem in Lacunosa town are totally baseless. /facepalm

Almost makes me wish we could show the villagers Kyurem after we catch it and ask them how exactly Kyurem could "eat people." Although they'd panic anyways.

If Pokedex 3D is anything to go by, Kyurem in normal forme can't even open its mouth, probably due to it's body being frozen. But what if it's new forme(s) can? Perhaps the rumours in Lacunosa town were true after all.

I can imagine Ice Burn and Shock Freeze having something to do with Kyurem changing forme. Maybe Kyurem uses one of the attacks to unfreeze its body, which changes its stats and typing afterwards. (Fire/Dragon with Ice Burn, Electric/Dragon with Shock Freeze)

Ooh crap, I didn't even think of it's new forme.

Well then, we'll have to wait and see what it looks like.

If Alt-Kyurem looks as cool as Origin Giratina, I would be happy. 8D This is kinda cool.

If the attacks have anything to do with changing its form, then wouldn't that give us 2 forms? And even then, wouldn't it make more sense to change form with the god stone(if its indeed used in such a way) or better yet have the black or white stone trigger the forme change? You know, if you use the black stone, then Kyurem gets to able to use freeze shock and gain the electric type and if the white stone is used then it gets to use freeze burn and gain an ice type.

Anyone else think this new form will have a base stat total identical to Arceus's? Or at least almost as good.

I theorize this because:

Since it's the original dragon that split into all three of the Tao trio, it's bound to be stronger than Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. This means having a BST higher than 680. It might even get to 720.

Before anyone argues that Arceus is the god of Pokemon and it should have higher stats than everything else, keep in mind that all of Arceus's power cannot be contained in one Poke Ball. Arceus is much stronger than it appears at first sight.

If anyone else is talking about this, I didn't really know because I admit to not reading much of the thread.

It's literally two digits. I kid you not.

Didn't expect it would be that simple. I guess no one bothered to look into it. But yeah, I already had this feeling that Kyurem would have a second forme. I mean, it IS the remnants of that Pokémon Zekrom-Reshiram used to be.

Besides in the little trailer for the Kyurem movie he looked like he was changing forme at the end...

I don't see why it would be a theory, and not fact. They stand for Yin, Yang and Wuji. Wuji is the absence of Yin and Yang, which is even shown in their types: Fire, Electricity and Ice.

What else would Kyurem be? A random Pokémon obtainable in the snowy area of Unova that just happens to share it's battle music with Reshiram and Zekrom?

I don't see why it would be a theory, and not fact. They stand for Yin, Yang and Wuji. Wuji is the absence of Yin and Yang, which is even shown in their types: Fire, Electricity and Ice.

What else would Kyurem be? A random Pokémon obtainable in the snowy area of Unova that just happens to share it's battle music with Reshiram and Zekrom?
Well, while Reshiram and Zekrom standing for Yin and Yang is canon (As per their Japanese classifications), nothing has been officially stated at this point about Kyurem. So until something official is said, it's still a theory (a theory with a lot of evidence yes, but not 100% fact yet).

They are all related in some way, being the Tao Trio. But Kyurem doesn't necessarily have to be the remains of the original dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom once were.

We don't have any official word on Kyurem's origins, so all we have to go on are rumors in-game.

Well, while Reshiram and Zekrom standing for Yin and Yang is canon (As per their Japanese classifications), nothing has been officially stated at this point about Kyurem. So until something official is said, it's still a theory (a theory with a lot of evidence yes, but not 100% fact yet).

Kyurem is the 'Boundry Pokemon' Boundry=Wuji so pretty much is confermed

Kyurem is the 'Boundry Pokemon' Boundry=Wuji so pretty much is confermed
I'm not arguing that Kyurem isn't based on Wuji; it might well be and there is a lot of evidence to support it, I'm just saying it's not confirmed yet (and by confirmed, I mean GameFreak outright saying "Kyurem was inspired by the concept of Wuji").

Besides, the word "Boundary" doesn't exclusively refer to Wuji. While it makes sense when you consider Wuji's definition, nothing is confirmed yet.

No, by break him, I meant his stats. someone here suggested having both his Attack and Special Attack boosted to 150 with no drops in other stats.

I am the person that suggested that.

His new stats will obviously be:
Health 125
Attack 150
Defense 90
Special Attack 150
Special Defense 90
Speed 95
BST 700

If you notice, they are nearly identical to Rayquaza's stats, save for 20 more points in his HP. Also, I would think that the supposed original dragon that founded Unova (speculation yes) is suppose to be 'broken' or uber.

Knowing Gamefreak, his new ability if he gets one will likely be Mold Breaker. I'm personally hoping for Serene Grace though for symbolic as well as competitive reasons. I'm fairly certain that the charge times of ColdFlare and FreezeBolt will be taken care of by the same item which could cause his form change.

This is all speculation of coarse, but I'm just taking the most logical steps.

Welp, starting tomorrow Kyurem's new form (And Keldeo, too) could be revealed at any time during that day or over the next several days.

Any last thoughts about this whole thing?

My final idea about his final form is that he's totally gonna' look beast. Even more scary than he looks now.

But why would they change his ability? Did they do that with the other shapeshifting Pokémon too?
I don't recall having an Origin Forme Giratina with a different ability than his normal forme.

Also, this:

"Kyurem was overfilled with ice energy and the energy escaped, then in the process grew ice crystals all over it's body, meaning you will have an unfrozen gray creature [...] so, kyurem is going to be a weird creature"
--WhiteSamurott, 2 days ago, on YouTube

Here's something in Super Pokemon Rumble that may hint to Kyurem's new form being more powerful.

In the toughest Team Battle of the game, you battle through several rooms of legendary Pokemon. You fight Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-Oh and Lugia in the first room, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in the second, Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem in the third, and finally Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus in the fourth.

What I find interesting is that it's usually the leaders of these groups (Both plot and stat-wise) that are much bigger and stronger; Ho-Oh and Lugia in the first room, Rayquaza in the second and Arceus in the fourth. But even though Kyurem is slightly weaker than Zekrom & Reshiram, he is actually the boss of the third room. Could this be a hint to his true power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom