• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Bank unavailable until further notice for Asia, Europe, Australia, Americas:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Bank unavailable until further notice for Asia, Europe, Australia, Americ

Almost a week now and still no news on it. Would it really kill them to just give us a release date?!

Re: Pokémon Bank unavailable until further notice for Asia, Europe, Australia, Americ

The lack of Bank made me look for alternative methods of getting the Pokémon I don't yet have… And as a result I've found both GTS and Wonder Trade all the more charming. My National Dex has 610 registered mons in it at the moment (including all the starters but somehow I'm still hunting down Rattata) and while I still have to wait for the PokéBank to transfer my legends and a few others, I'm doing great without it. So no complaining here, though that delay better not turn into months.

the worst part is not knowing when it'll come out, game freak and nintendo has left us out of the loop without even the smallest bit of information, the starters were easy to find but unowns proving to be impossible to find

the worst part is not knowing when it'll come out, game freak and nintendo has left us out of the loop without even the smallest bit of information, the starters were easy to find but unowns proving to be impossible to find

Unown is a bit of a funny case as it's on the par with legendaries in rarity at the moment, not only because it can't be bred, but also because it's one of the few species that are required to be transferred from two generations back. Seems I traded one of my Icy Snow Vivillon for the one I have at the moment.

It's becoming really irritating to not hear a single thing from them though. Surely there's at least something they could share...

Unown is a bit of a funny case as it's on the par with legendaries in rarity at the moment, not only because it can't be bred, but also because it's one of the few species that are required to be transferred from two generations back. Seems I traded one of my Icy Snow Vivillon for the one I have at the moment.

It's becoming really irritating to not hear a single thing from them though. Surely there's at least something they could share...

found one but i had to give up my porygon z

I still check eShop every day for a release date :/

Still? Geeze, I wonder what's taking so long...

Okay, I just checked Nintendo's Canadian site and it says Pokemon Bank is "available now". What?

Okay, I just checked Nintendo's Canadian site and it says Pokemon Bank is "available now". What?

I live in Canada and I just checked, still unavailable and TBD release date in the eShop.

I live in Canada and I just checked, still unavailable and TBD release date in the eShop.

Well that's strange, perhaps it's a sign that it might come out this week.

I still check eShop every day for a release date :/
You're not the only one. That's part of my daily routine now: weed my garden on X, hit Miiverse, stop in on eShop for some faint bit of hope that Bank will have a release date. Now if you've been on Miiverse, the date January 7th has been bandied about a lot. I see no date whenever I check the eShop; I'd like to know who got the idea it's being released then.

Right now, just a release date would make me happy. I'm staying away from GTS now because I know I can do no rescues; I'd just like a light at the end of the long, dark tunnel.

This is getting ridiculus. Im usually a patient guy, but it has been several days since new years and not even an update or a release date from Nintendo? They really screwed up.

I got myself an Infernape for an Xerneas on the GTS because I can get another Xerneas on my next run of X, but this is ridiculous. Keeping myself busy breeding Chimchars and playing Fire Emblem Awakening. I also got into the TCG a bit.

I hope Poke bank will be avaiable in the future. Ive breed some eevees with a hidden ability and hyper voice, so that, it will become a sylveon with pixilate and hyper voice. But it still on my white 2 version...

Man, I still gotta wait longer to bring over my shiny brave Aggron from Emerald (so I can use its shiny mega form). :(

I suppose in the meantime I could just get it to my Black 2, but I feel like doing other things as well...

I think I know why they took it down. It's not just because it caused downtime on Nintendo eShop and Nintendo Network, but I think they found out that people were still able to store hacked Pokémon from previous generations. So the reason they've decided to take it down and delay the release of Poké Transporter and Pokémon Bank... is because they're working on a special system that will detect Pokémon that have stats outside of it's maximum allowed, and also if the Pokémon has an ability that it's not supposed to have, the Pokémon will be blocked.

Because I'm sure Nintendo has read all the complaints of people that have seen others using hacked Pokémon. Trust me, once they announce the new release of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter, they will also announce that it has a special new mechanism that blocks any hacked Pokémon. You'll see. ;)

Because I'm sure Nintendo has read all the complaints of people that have seen others using hacked Pokémon. Trust me, once they announce the new release of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter, they will also announce that it has a special new mechanism that blocks any hacked Pokémon. You'll see. ;)

But...they announced that the first time.

And FWIW, it seems largely to be the same as it has been in previous gens. Someone in the PVG Bank thread said their HOO Arceus was blocked so we know it does block blatantly hacked Pokemons. In contrast, one of the whining articles from Kotaku noted that an Infernape with Iron Fist in a Master Ball was let through when, in fact, that is a completely legal Pokemon to have due to the BW2 Global Link giveaway in some US Wal-Mart stores.

I'm not saying it is perfect, but anyone who was hoping for it to block everything and anything under the sun just didn't have realistic expectations. I know some people lose sleep at night worrying about hacked Pokemon on other people's games, but I don't think those people are working at Nintendo or Game Freak. And, where it does matter, there are stricter legality checks in place for Random Match and official VGC matches.

I seriously hope Nintendo gives us SOME news about this...I really wanna transfer my main team from Black 2 onto my Y. D: C'mon, Nintendo, gives us a bone with some meat on it here, please! ♥ We've all been waiting!

May we all have a moment of peach.... ),:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom