• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2.5 million in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what!? It couldn't be that maybe some people like it more than Reishiram? Or maybe liked the game because they wanted to battle Iris as the 8th gym leader, or maybe better version exclusives, the White Forrest, etc etc?
Definitely. Reshiram's girth makes Gary stop and stare.

Looking back, I can see why HGSS could be more appealing than BW. There was the nostalgia factor, the awesome music, actual rematches from gym leaders, three obtainable starters of your choice, and several legendary pokemon that can be caught in-game. BW stood out because of the battle animations, incredible variety of pokemon with different types, engaging supporting characters, and a powerful storyline.

Black and White's sales were just as I expected them to be. I could see why White was more popular (better version exclusives, cover art, etc.). I don't think Iris really has anything to do with the sales. She is featured in both games (in Black she teaches you Draco Meteor so it is not a complete loss). With the exception of gender and a somewhat more useful ability for her Druddigon, Iris is not all that more powerful than Drayden.

Black and White were hyped up on television as well (commercials for the game aired non-stop between February and March). I don't think there was ever a commercial on when Diamond and Pearl, or even Platinum, was released internationally. The games were actually very entertaining to play, a HUGE improvement from Diamond and Pearl. [It truly makes me wonder why Diamond and Pearl had to exist in the first place.]

There were certainly improvements that a possible third version could get from Black and White, but I was certainly satisfied playing these games. I loved how much variety there was to these games.

In my opinion, these are the best main series games (the first ones of the new gen) since Gold and Silver was released.

2.5 million for two handheld Nintendo DS games in just one month is impressive. Add up the totals for the pre-order bonuses, strategy guides, other content, etc. Nintendo, TPCI, and Game Freak truly hit big with these games.

I liek Reshiram better than Zekrom for some reason. Zekrom reminds me of Joey's Red Eyes Black Dragon

Oh heck yeah! Well deserved, they are easily the best games in the series.

Huzzah!

According to VGChartz, Pokemon B/W has sold 10.3m (10,301,433) in copies worldwide; that's 100K more than HG/SS and 7.4m behind D/P.

More B/W players => More DW adventurers => More GBU battlers => More GTS traders => More Bulbagarden members. Logical.

Huzzah!

According to VGChartz, Pokemon B/W has sold 10.3m (10,301,433) in copies worldwide; that's 100K more than HG/SS and 7.4m behind D/P.

More B/W players => More DW adventurers => More GBU battlers => More GTS traders => More Bulbagarden members. Logical.

Where are the hipster glasses when you need them?

A well-deserved 2.5 million.

I think HGSS brought back in a lot of old pokemon players, and then they saw that the new pokemon don't suck, so they're back in it for BW and beyond.

I remember on the Global Link launch day, White outnumbered Black by about 10%.

Now it has sort of evened out.

Amazing that Black has beaten White by a little bit.

Less then 1/4 players on the DW are girls. The rest are mostly boys.

This surprised me. I guess pokemon nowadays is primarily a sausagefest.

This surprised me. I guess pokemon nowadays is primarily a sausagefest.

Pokemon is mostly a boy thing like Transformers, Spider Man, and Cars. It's not surprising really. Girls typically don't waste time on things like computer games.

I think so. But I'd really like to see how much the games would make internationally over the year.

Pokemon is mostly a boy thing like Transformers, Spider Man, and Cars. It's not surprising really. Girls typically don't waste time on things like computer games.

Hey! I play computer games and I am a girl. a therunawayguys fangirl too

Did HGSS sell more copies than B/W?

Back on topic. Do you think it'll make it to 4million?

Easily. Pokemon usually has enough staying power to warrant strong sales. Hell, I saw unsold copies of Sapphire in Target last year XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom