• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Dat Servine. :3 & Dewott looks like a boss lol

This game continues to look very good, just hoping for an english release now please.

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Aww, I wanted the water guy to have Samurott. Oh well, I can still hope, at least Dewott is in the evo chain. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more characters than just the warlords. We have at least 8/17 now, which is roughly half of them. I wonder if we'll get to see Maeda Keiji up to his antics here, since in Samurai Warriors, he's kinda a fruitcake.

The place names are playing on what types the warlords are. Your own, Hajime, means beginning. Appropriate for pokemon style starting towns. Izumi is a water spring, aoba is fresh leaves, and kaen is flame.

Last edited by a moderator:

So there's going to be 17 warlords characters? One for each type? I suppose that's kind of cool.

Has it been confirmed that your pokemon can evolve? I would presume that they can, but I haven't seen it mentioned so I'm just curious.

The more I see of this the more I think it has to potential to be fun.

Re: New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Shoot, I wanted Mega Man, another popular anime, or perhaps MLP, to cross over with Pokemon. :(

Ab.so.lute.ly. NOT!
I dont care that i said id be indeferant to You Bronies, but you crossed the line completely five times over.
You have shamed my understanding of you guys...

BTW: this is not only because its just like thaking a shit on a perfected series (im not saying MLP is shit, but compared to Pokemon it is out of class)
But i do not want my favorite pokemon(riolu) hanging around some crazy flying horses. just.no.

End of discussion.

perfect. Can't wait to play a different take on Pokemon for once. Looking forward to September though

What's happening in September?

Ab.so.lute.ly. NOT!
I dont care that i said id be indeferant to You Bronies, but you crossed the line completely five times over.

BTW: this is not only because its just like thaking a shit on a perfected series (im not saying MLP is shit, but compared to Pokemon it is out of class)
But i do not want my favorite pokemon(riolu) hanging around some crazy flying horses. just.no.

End of discussion.

... . . . . . . . . . DERP DERP

Ab.so.lute.ly. NOT!

End of discussion.

Seeing as you hinted yourself as a Sonic fan and how the two fanbases aren't friendly to each other, I'm not surprised. Though a Sonic/Pokemon crossover is a fairly good idea, just as long as Game Overthinker thinks it is.

Seeing as you hinted yourself as a Sonic fan and how the two fanbases aren't friendly to each other, I'm not surprised. Though a Sonic/Pokemon crossover is a fairly good idea, just as long as Game Overthinker thinks it is.

Heh, sorry bout that, i kinda get, well put off easilly, i rant like no tomorrow. i thank your suport. oh ya, ingnore my other post about you, i was just still in my rant mode.

Well, so far, they've done fairly well to put pokemon into a strategy setting. Although, it shouldn't have been too hard. The only drawback I see is that pokemon don't exactly work the same way as troop units would in any other strategy game. Some pokemon are more useful than others, and in strategy games, I find that everything could be equally useful.

Blitzle said:
Maybe I'm being thick, but I don't understand the 6 vs 6 pokemon, using 1 pokemon, with more than one trainer in an area :s

Does it mean you'll have a team of six? Or that you'll team up with five other trainers to fight six other trainers?

You'll team up with five other "trainers." Each person can only command one pokemon at a time.

Man it's been a long time since I've last been on here. But back on topic this looks like a fairly interesting crossover. But one thing that confuses me is if this game is set in ancient Japan (or a region based off of it) then why is Mewtwo in it? You know a pokemon created in a lab? Meh, it's a spin off, not that big of a deal.

Seeing the new images, damn Motonari is such a sweetheart ~<3

I see many people in this forum are overrating this game, or is it only me that doesn't think like all of you guys here?

I've seen and read all the information about this game, about it story, gameplay, music, and some other details that most people won't even bother to notice.

The graphic and music seems fine, because I also like how the designer draws the characters, and how the music director choose the music. But the gameplay and story + background settings, I really can't give more than 5/10 from my rating. (one interesting fact, I found that all the people that overrate this game are all impacted by purely the beautiful graphic and music, also some in terms of it is a crossover of Pokemon + Samurai, but will not consider very much about the gameplay and story)

Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition, which are basically two game titles that the target audience, gameplay system, story+background themes, etc, are all independent from each other, almost to the level of mutually exclusive. Therefore, this new crossover game doesn't receive good reputation upon the day it announce its existence. It is not highly-rated in its home-country, nor its home-continent, but interestingly opposite in America.

If look from the view point that this is a crossover fanfic, still it is not a good combo AT ALL. As like I mentioned previously, Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition basically have absolutely NOTHING in common, to the least of the least of both are from Japan. But that's all about it. So, if you are a crossover fanfic writer/reader, you then should know what factors are needed to be a "good" crossover.

But, whatever the rating inside or outside Japan, the fact is that hardcore Pokemon-fan don't know and don't play Nobunaga's Ambition games (however, the vice versa might not be true), so this game will not become good-seller in Japan. If this game doesn't get good market from its first sale country, you then don't need to expect Nintendo will make a translated English version for the foreign gamers.

So, the new trailer revealed some new characters.

Aya (woman in the white robe).
Masamune Date (kid with eyepatch).
Tachibana Ginchiyo (woman in armor).
Kanetsugu Naoe (guy with Ralts).
And Sanada Yukimura (guy with Tepig).

The battle system looks cool.

Guys, this is a thread for Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition so only discussion of y'know, Pokémon and Nobunaga's Ambition. There's another thread for other crossovers.

Anyways, we have merchandise!

Is it wrong that the thing I want the most is the Jigglypuff and Oichi handkerchief? Hell, make that into a poster!

Holy geeze, so many characters. Now I'm confused as to who the Fire leader really is, Toyotomi or Sanada. I still think it's Toyotomi, simply because he is often the one depicted with a castle, but Sanada also has a definite partner poke, Tepig, completing the fifth gen starter circle with Chōsokabe and Mōri. So we can not only evo our own pokes, but those of our allies as well. I may get to see him with Samurott after all. Lots of second pokes for some of the leaders: Takeda has a Rhyperior, Uesugi has a Gallade, and there is even a card that says Nobunaga has a Rayquaza (possibly a shiny one at that. Also, cheater, you get to have more than one legend). This also clears things up for me as to which type he is: Dragon. Makes sense, he is supposed to be the most powerful of them. This was just an interesting puzzle for me as I try to figure out who represents which type, but I am genuinely intrigued now, this looks fun. Also, I still want to see if they'll put Tokugawa Ieyasu in here, since almost everyone else seems to be here. Maybe also the two other major daimyo, Shimazu and Hōjō.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it has to be Toyotomi, I guess I got flabbergasted by the matter that they would give a more minor character a definite pokemon. Maybe they were more thorough than I thought.

EDIT2: Idiot again. He has a castle. Look at the background and the castle I encircled.
j13x38.png
Also, this place has the label Kobushi, meaning "fist". He's the Fighting guy.

EDIT3: I also have reason to believe Tachibana is the Electric leader. She is seen plastered right over the location this sparking castle, labeled as Shiden, "lightning flash", and she is seen early in the trailer with a Shinx. She's also heavily associated with lightning in her other appearances.
2wc1w8j.png

EDIT4: Last one, I swear. Stuff that no one may have noticed. I found Shimazu, but he has what looks to be a Timburr, more confusion. Reference for him.
orhy4o.jpg
I also found what appears to be Imagawa Yoshimoto
vqoehg.png

I can't determine who anyone else is for certain.

I hope they release all the art for the Pokemon in the game!

I've found a couple of vids on Youtube showing someone actually playing the game. It reveals a lot of character names, albeit of minor characters. It also shows a lot of details of how you're going to find pokemon and one even shows a battle against an enemy nation. (Motonari) I don't know if I can link it, though. What I found interesting, though, is not all the minor characters that I got the names of had a previous appearance in a koei game. They were as follows:

Hachisuka Koroku, who, true to history, serves Toyotomi
Hirano Nagayasu, same as the above
Sen Rikyuu, one of the recruitable warriors
Kikkawa Motoharu, one of Mōri's warriors
Kobayakawa Takakage, another Mōri warrior
Kobayakawa Hideaki, another recruitable
Mōri Takamoto, another Mōri warrior (that's right history fans, all three of Mōri's sons)

Also, Hideaki and Takamoto had the same sprite, so not all the minor characters will have a unique sprite.

EDIT: I've linked screenies of the characters.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom