• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

If Ash were to get a Ghost type pokemon , Which Ghost you people want for Ash ?

I could see Ash with a Litwick. It's really cute so it's marketable, and I can see it evolving and become a strong Chandelure.

Too bad Litwick's already appeared in the anime so that probably won't happen.

Too bad Litwick's already appeared in the anime so that probably won't happen.

Yea, but look at Cubchoo...

I doubt Ash will capture Cubchoo. I think that's just been shoehorned into a filler for Cilan/Dawn interactions.

I meant he has another major appearance so maybe Litwick can too, and then Ash could capture...

will Meloetta go along Dawn??? would be an interesting development!!

Would this go here? I doubt this would actually happen, but... I think it would be funny if Cilan caught and used (or was forced to use) a Purrloin for an extended period of time.
RuBoo: Concocting evil plans for the greater good. Heeheeheehee...

I'm quite excited for Krokorok's evolution. Finally, Ash is finally starting to get some badass fully evolved Pokemon in his Unova team, (Leavanny doesn't count) but I'm a little upset that there doesn't seem to be any other changes. I'm hoping Ash's old Pokemon appearing in the new opening means he will begin using them again, with some of them evolving instead. Poor Buizel could certainly use an evolution to regain lost glory.

I really hope that Ash doesn't capture anymore Pokemon in BW. His team really needs to be fleshed out more, but with another possible years worth of episodes on the horizon...he probably will.

Here's hoping Oshawott evolves into Dewott. Snivy into Servine/Serperior wouldn't be unwelcome, either.

The said about Ash, Lucario and Aura Powers... the better.

I still remember all the "Ash will catch Riolu" threads during my brief vists to SPPf during the D/P era. Almost as bad as the rabid fans who wanted Ash to catch a Numel and writers be damned if he didn't. (This was in early AG days. That was a glorious time indeed.)

I still remember all the "Ash will catch Riolu" threads during my brief vists to SPPf during the D/P era. Almost as bad as the rabid fans who wanted Ash to catch a Numel and writers be damned if he didn't. (This was in early AG days. That was a glorious time indeed.)

Don't forget the people insisting May's Eevee egg was a Zigzagoon before it hatched.

I still kinda hope Ash actually captures Meoletta. I think the writers could give Ash a legend now and all Pokemon who had a crush in him he captured.

Here's hoping Oshawott evolves into Dewott. Snivy into Servine/Serperior wouldn't be unwelcome, either.

I disagree. Snivy should always stay Snivy.

A numel? First I've heard of that, but the lol factor would have been off the scale if Ash had caught one.

A numel? First I've heard of that, but the lol factor would have been off the scale if Ash had caught one.

We're talking 2003 capture speculation here, back when Advanced Generation had just started and Ash was still lacking a fire type.

I'm sure there's an abused Numel storyline written just in case.

In general I think it's odd for Ash to have Pokemon that don't evolve as part of his main line up, because it doesn't leave much to work with in terms of development, it's bad enough with Pikachu being horribly stagnant (and when changes do happen, they are for the worse like replacing Volt Tackle) - I'd hate to see that expanded further across his team. If a better job was done with movesets it might not be that much of an issue.

Torkoal's personality more than makes up for it though.

I'm sure there's an abused Numel storyline written just in case.

In general I think it's odd for Ash to have Pokemon that don't evolve as part of his main line up, because it doesn't leave much to work with in terms of development, it's bad enough with Pikachu being horribly stagnant (and when changes do happen, they are for the worse like replacing Volt Tackle) - I'd hate to see that expanded further across his team. If a better job was done with movesets it might not be that much of an issue.

Torkoal's personality more than makes up for it though.

The abused pokemon story has been used a lot that is for sure. Having said that a numel would have been fun. Torkoal however is awesome both in the anime and ingame.

Sure Torkoal doesn't have the stats to compete in the higher tiers (unless it has gotten a lot of new goodies in BW2) but it is just awesome. Give torkoal an ability to dodge more often and it could be a massive powerhouse.

Back
Top Bottom