• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Game Rituals

When i throw pokéballs i always push these buttons...
(A + ^ )when the moment i launch the ball then when it closes (a + b + v) . I always did it with all my legendary catches... I caught the thre musketeers (terrakion, virizion, cobalion) with first try using poke balls, dont know why this is effective,,,

Then in pokémon firered i have a pikachu not evolved into raichu (like ash)
i also collect master balls..

Last edited:
I save like 3 times before a gym, the Elite 4, any significant trainer battle or event, or even in general. I NEVER give my Pokemon nicknames. I never breed Pokemon I plan to use that isn't for trading purposes once I reach past the lvl. 50+ stage with my team.

-I catch all members on my main team with a Poke Ball
-If I catch/evolve a Pokemon and I have the resources to immediately evolve it, I keep it in its basic stage for a bit until I feel that they're high enough of a level to evolve properly. It lets me bond with little Eevee before it meets its fate as an Eeveelution.
-Multiple saving
-Every Pokemon I catch has to be nicknamed. Even if its a dumb one
-I arrange the move list on a Pokemon by STAB first, other attacks after, then status moves.
-I raise my team in increments of 2 levels each and train my starter first on each cycle
-If the Pokemon can be caught in the area I currently am in in another version of the game then I can get it via trading.
-I generally use one breeded Pokemon each run.
-Level 50 is the target level for competitive Pokemon I train
-I always like to keep a balance between physical and special attackers on my team
-I also try my best to get 3 males and 3 females on each run

-Multiple saving
-Every Pokemon I catch has to be nicknamed. Even if its a dumb one
-I arrange the move list on a Pokemon by STAB first, other attacks after, then status moves.
-I always like to keep a balance between physical and special attackers on my team

We are on the same f**kin page bro.

I definitely save twice, or three times, even though I know I have saved previously.

It's more of an OCD kind of thing to be honest.

I'm exactly like this. I always worry that for some reason the game didn't save properly.

I tend to buy medicines from the Marts in groups of five and I place the moves a Pokémon has in order of power. The one with the highest power goes first and the lowest power(or any status moves) goes last.

Yeah, I have a habit of organising moves with the most powerful in the top left. Bottom left is for the next in power, or the next powerful damaging move of the same type. Top right is most useful non-damaging move, bottom right is the move I use least for whatever reason

I feel like the most boring person in the world after reading this, haha. I only save my game right before I turn it off. And I only save it once.

Putting Pokemon in the PC makes me feel guilty, especially my starter. And I only catch Pokemon I actually want to use, but I've been trying to stop this recently. I've never cared much about completing the Pokedex, but I'm actually trying to catch as many as possible now. They're just handy to have around, especially now that so many of my friends play Pokemon and we can battle / trade whenever.

I always save the game inside the Pokemon Center. I don't know why, it's more of a habit than anything else. And if a Pokemon Center isn't available, I'll fly to my house and save in my bed, like my character is going to sleep or something. u_u;

In Heart Gold/Soul Silver I held down the B button to run, even though I was using the auto-running thing in the touchscreen
I always buy pokeballs in lots of ten. Even if i'm getting a hundred.
I always evolve my first Eevee of the game into Vaporion, also I always name my eeveelutions (Vapour/Joltio/Flare/Glace/Leaf-never actually got Esp or Umb on my own, only through trades)
I must have one of everything in the pc in numerical order - or thats the theory, I've never even been close until white 2, only need ~60 or so more.
Until recently all my players are named Liam after myself, except Lia (dawn). Its only since White 2 that I've been trying to avoid that, hence giving me Black (Nate) and Melanie (Leaf). (Serena/Yvonne will be named Anastasia).
I always give my rivals names (except in emerald-no choice) - and proper names, not some of the things Blue gets called by some. Except Silver he was 'Qwert' because i got lazy with names.
I almost always choose fire starter.
I ritually get annoyed when discovering that HM Dive is either omitted or useless (see Unova).
I always place my flying type last in the party list, even though it is usually my second strongest (early/mid game anyway)

I USED to have this ritual when I was a kid and was playing gen 1.
I would go to this nice, secluded little place to evolve a lot of my Pokemon (usually the ones that used stones).
I don't remember why, but I took Pokemon DEAD SERIOUSLY as a kid. I probably thought they'd be more comfortable if it was less public.
Big change, evolution. XD

I would go to this nice, secluded little place to evolve a lot of my Pokemon (usually the ones that used stones).
I don't remember why, but I took Pokemon DEAD SERIOUSLY as a kid. I probably thought they'd be more comfortable if it was less public.

I have to admit, I do something similar to this when hatching eggs in W/W2. I always go to White Forest to hatch my eggs, because to me it seems more natural for the baby to hatch there.

Whenever I hatch an egg on Black, I always have to have my Magmortar in my party. I don't know why, since I have other Pokemon with Flame Body, but I always end up sticking Magmortar in there.

In addition, I always hatch 5 eggs at the same time.

I have to admit, I do something similar to this when hatching eggs in W/W2. I always go to White Forest to hatch my eggs, because to me it seems more natural for the baby to hatch there.

Oh, yeah!! Now that you say that, I used to do something like that with my eggs in 2nd gen too.

I haven't played any games since Gen III or so because I suck but I have a few weird rituals I used to do and would probably do again if I still played the games.

- When the pokéball is shaking after I throw it, I always do a weird key-mash with the left-right keys of the D-pad. I read somewhere (back in the day of Gen I) that if you pushed those buttons or something, then you'd be more likely to catch the pokémon. I was only an impressionable child, so I believe it religiously to this day.

- I always buy a ton of potions and large batches of pokéballs whenever I can. I'm also weird about using up items, so by the time I reach difficult situations I have far too many in stock.

- I'm weird about storing any pokémon. It always makes me feel bad if I store a pokémon that has always done a good job for me... even if I really need that extra slot on my team.

- I never set any pokémon free.

- I always give my active pokémons nicknames.

- I only catch one of each unless I need them for breeding or if they're shinies. Otherwise, I don't care about having multiples.

Whenever I'm trying to catch a Pokemon, while the ball's shaking, I hold Down + B. Something in my head just tells me it helps, especially since if I don't do it, the Pokemon breaks out on the first shake, without fail.

I also always try to save in a Pokemon Center. Have no idea why, never used to do it in Blue or Silver, but started doing it in Emerald.

Finally, if I'm hatching eggs, I always have a flier on hand. I have no clue why since I usually just go up and down a route nearby, but I guess it feels nice to know I could hatch it where I want? At least BW2 finally gave it a use for me with Join Avenue.

Whenever I hatch an egg on Black, I always have to have my Magmortar in my party. I don't know why, since I have other Pokemon with Flame Body, but I always end up sticking Magmortar in there.

I do the same thing, but using Volcarona. XD

There are a lot of things I do (I can't think of them all, so I'll name a few). I used to hold the A button down while catching Pokemon.
When catching Pokemon, I switch to an intimidating Pokemon and then I throw a Pokeball. I mentally believe that the Pokemon I'm trying to catch WILL stay in the Pokeball if I put a tough-looking Pokemon because they would be too scared to come out and want to attack.
When buying a ton of Pokeballs, I buy then by tens, so I can get 1+ Premiere Balls. When hatching eggs, I use a Pokemon with Flame Body (Pokemon Black; used Litwick, HeartGold, I used Slugma!) and I usually go to Pokemon Gyms to hatch them. When breeding and hatching eggs, I keep a Pokemon with the ability mentioned before, a Pokemon with Fly (need to get to places), and a OP Pokemon to battle with just in case I encounter those Trainers who want to battle me.
I also used to nickname my Pokemon off the bat, but nowadays, I can't think of a name, so I go with the default until I can think of a good one.

In addition, I always hatch 5 eggs at the same time.

I do the exact same thing too :D

I always arrange the Pokemon on my PC from the one with the highest level to the one with the lowest.

I don't have any saving rituals - I just save before exiting.

I always save the game inside the Pokemon Center. I don't know why, it's more of a habit than anything else. And if a Pokemon Center isn't available, I'll fly to my house and save in my bed, like my character is going to sleep or something. u_u;

I do this too, you can't have the poor player character sleeping out in the open! I always save three times too, just in case something gets corrupted. Also when catching Pokemon I mirror the movement of the ball with left and right on the d-pad, and down to 'close' the ball. And I do this weird thing with holding left when the HP bars go down to do more damage and right to do less.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom