• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Do we know if the player character loses their memory after arriving in Hisui?
I don't believe it's a set thing, just implied or up to the player's interpretation.

From what I remember of the dialogue in the beginning, when talking to Professor Laventon there are options when picking dialogue, some that seem to imply that you actually know you were sent off to a world different from your own (like when he asks if you know anyone here you have the option to say I doubt it, or when he asks if you have somewhere to stay there is an option to say you have nowhere to go), and some where you don't know/don't remember.

Then, later in the story (I think right after the 4th Noble), Ingo says he remembers a little bit more of where he came from and talks about Pokemon Trainers and living together with Pokemon, and another character asks you if that's what your world was like, you can respond with yes (so either the player does know where they came from right off the bat or remembers over time) or that you don't know.

They've already done this with AVs in LGPE though, so it wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon gets converted to the usual EV system if transferred to SwSh/BDSP/likely Gen 9.

It's also why I doubt they'll keep ELs for the game after, at best they'd appear in the next Legends-style game.

Well, still scummy. I'm working hard on my Wyrdeer, damnit. D=<

Do we know if the player character loses their memory after arriving in Hisui?
They remember what a phone is, so I would think not, personally.

They remember what a phone is, so I would think not, personally.
It could be that they don't have total amnesia. Just enough that they might as well have it.
I mean, look at Ingo, he has no memory, his battle pose is from black and white. Also, when he talks, he makes train related references and such. Seems to me that while his physical memory is gone, his muscle memory is still there. That is a thing, if I recall.

I gotta say, I did not expect to see Pokemon Company making something like this as a way to promote PLA.

I mean, a full-on parody of ridiculous Latin-American soap operas??? That's...certainly one way to promote PLA.

My favorite is still the Basculegion puppet running amuck at the Antiques Roadshow.

The Munchlax cooking show one just seems like something that would have been used to promote the original Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
What Level range was your team at when you fought Volo and Giratina? Mine was in the mid-70s, and I saw someone say that theirs was in its early 50s, which makes me wonder which of us is an outlier.
You have to fight Evil Not Cynthia and Giratina back to back, with no healing in between and if you lose against Giratina you have to fight Volo all over again? That would be bad enough in a regular Pokemon game, let alone this one where you can't switch in between Pokemon in trainer battles. Your Pokemon are highly likely to be revenge killed in this game because there's no switch option, so after beating Volo you're probably going to be too worn down to face Giratina. Absolutely brutal way to end the game.
But you can Switch Pokémon though?

Last edited:
What Level range was your team at when you fought Volo and Giratina? Mine was in the mid-80s, and I saw someone say that theirs was in its early 50s, which makes me wonder which of us is an outlier.

But you can Switch Pokémon though?

You can switch Pokemon, but at the cost of a turn. And sometimes if the opponent is faster, they can KO you before you even get the opportunity.

Anyway, I stated around the 50s-60s and ended up grinding into the 70s and finally beating them.. The larger factor that helped me though, was increasing my party's ELs. You'll really want to start doing that right before the end of the game because the trainers get tougher around that point.

You can switch Pokemon, but at the cost of a turn. And sometimes if the opponent is faster, they can KO you before you even get the opportunity.
So there’s some determinant factor here as sometimes that is true, but most of the time I still get my turn. Maybe it’s determined by your Pokémon’s Speed? Most of my team is pretty fast.
Anyway, I stated around the 50s-60s and ended up grinding into the 70s and finally beating them.. The larger factor that helped me though, was increasing my party's ELs. You'll really want to start doing that right before the end of the game because the trainers get tougher around that point.
I would like to rectify my mistake and I guess my team was actually in their mid-70s, as my highest Leveled team member right now is only Level 81. Additionally, to anyone that sees this, I’m just gonna add that the question was not directed specifically to Bolt Strike, and also that I never grinded. Well, not intentionally, anyway. This game’s so fun that I might have gotten a little carried away at some points lol

Unrelated, but is it just me or did that update yesterday touch up the graphics a bit?

So there’s some determinant factor here as sometimes that is true, but most of the time I still get my turn. Maybe it’s determined by your Pokémon’s Speed? Most of my team is pretty fast.

It is, we already knew this from pre-release. Faster Pokemon get more turns in general, not just from using Agile Style.

It is, we already knew this from pre-release. Faster Pokemon get more turns in general, not just from using Agile Style.
Well yes, but it wasn’t like the Action Order said that I would get two turns; for example, I was fighting a Garchomp and my Yanmega was out, and I wanted to Switch to my Floatzel because it knew Ice Punch. The Action Order said that after Yammega’s turn it would be Garmchomp’s, but when I Switched in Floatzel it got to go before the Garchomp and successfully demolished it with an Ice Punch.

And this happened with 90% of the Switches I made throughout my playthrough.

I gotta say, I did not expect to see Pokemon Company making something like this as a way to promote PLA.

I mean, a full-on parody of ridiculous Latin-American soap operas??? That's...certainly one way to promote PLA.

Reminds me of old, ridiculous video game commercials in the best way possible.

I've seen people mention that not finding anything to do after 80-90 hours is a bad thing and I just have a question; are main line Pokemon games supposed to be long like this? For anything old formula it seems very easy to burn out.

Legends is really fun so of course you would want to sink hours into it but honestly I don't see people be really eager to play other main Pokemon games after finishing them.

Well yes, but it wasn’t like the Action Order said that I would get two turns; for example, I was fighting a Garchomp and my Yanmega was out, and I wanted to Switch to my Floatzel because it knew Ice Punch. The Action Order said that after Yammega’s turn it would be Garmchomp’s, but when I Switched in Floatzel it got to go before the Garchomp and successfully demolished it with an Ice Punch.

And this happened with 90% of the Switches I made throughout my playthrough.
I've seen this, too. I suspect what's going on is that switching takes up some "time" from the action order, but if your Pokémon is fast enough they still get to move before the opponent.

I've seen this, too. I suspect what's going on is that switching takes up some "time" from the action order, but if your Pokémon is fast enough they still get to move before the opponent.
Yeah, maybe it takes, like, only half a turn or something so it’s much easier for your Pokémon to get another turn. But that’s still really weird, especially since the game never tells you that.

I've seen people mention that not finding anything to do after 80-90 hours is a bad thing and I just have a question; are main line Pokemon games supposed to be long like this? For anything old formula it seems very easy to burn out.

Legends is really fun so of course you would want to sink hours into it but honestly I don't see people be really eager to play other main Pokemon games after finishing them.
I have played pokemon sword for 790 hours, pokemon lets go pikachu for 250 hours. Other pokemon games:

Pokemon Sun: 650 hours
Pokemon ultra Sun: around 200 hours
Pokemon Alpha Saphire: 690 hours
Pokemon X: 660 hours
Pokemon White 2: 490 hours
Pokemon Black: over 700 hours
Pokemon Soul Silver: 290 hours
Pokemon platinum: over 200 hours
Pokemon Diamond: 790 hours
Pokemon Esmerald: 990 hours
Pokemon Saphire: 999 hours.

I guess it’s like how you like to spend your time after the main story for me I like to shiny hunt

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom