• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Same goes for Mega Evolution. It makes no sense if Legends ZA is in the past and any Pokemon in the XY dex gets a Mega in Legends ZA, but don't have them in XY. Its just way easier to eplain them when Legends ZA is in a future setting, since then you can say: Due to Lumiose City redevelopment, adding an extra layer, we (re)discovered Mega Stones for some Pokemon.
It would make perfect sense. Those megas did exist, we just didn't find the mega stones. like how we didn't find Swampert's mega stone until ORAS but lorewise it existed all along.

You could say the same about Jubilife City.

Jubilife City was never intended to accommodate both people and Pokemon though, it's a human settlement for people to go out an explore the wilds to catch Pokemon. And there's nothing really contradictory between Jubilife City's portrayal in DPPtBDSP and Jubilife Village's in LA.

Meanwhile, there are better examples of that in other games, even ones that released before XY. Cities like BW2 Castelia, Hau'oli, and Malie are much better suited for both people and Pokemon and do in fact have environments where you can find wild Pokemon. That kind of implies that Lumiose wasn't really intended to be like this in XY, if it was we would've seen tall grass there too.

Plus the Lumiose City seen in X and Y doesn't look friendly to wild Pokemon either, there are no patches of tall grass, nor any dedicated habitats for wild Pokemon to live in.
What about electric types near the power line electrical buildings (welcome to “people forget the names of things and call them weird ass names and think that others will know what they mean :’)”)

I feel like that wouldn't make any sense. Really. It does not at all. Plus, the story of the game is us helping to redevelop Lumiose. We don't need time travel to do that. It made sense for Legends Arceus because it was specifically stated to take place in the distant past when Sinnoh was called Hisui.

Eh, I'd rather they don't use the time travel plot again. Instead, I would like a plot about Pokemon being forced to hide underground due to Lumiose City being unfriendly to them, which would be why the redevelopment is needed in the first place.

A thought just occurred to me yesterday: one of Game Freak's biggest regret with Mega Evolution compared to later burst mechanics seems to be how it wasn't available to all Pokémon considering every successor battle mechanic afterwards. Assuming that they don't just carry over Strong/Agile Style from PLA, is there a chance that Game Freak will try to create a more generic widespread version of the Mega Evolution mechanic to compensate for this regret? Perhaps not fully evolved 'mons can temporarily 'evolve' into their next stage while fully-evolved ones lacking the appropriate Mega Stone will simply have some sort of aura that boosts their stats (favoring their best stats).

What if they do the UNO reverse card and let the protagonist go from the past to the future and be all flustered with all the new technology they don't have in the past.

On another note: The redevelopment is interesting. Which XY character would be the frontrunner in a redevelopment of the city. Probably Sycamore, but i can also see Sina and Dexio. On that note as well... We know from Sina and Dexio that Sycamore discovered the Zygarde Cores, which means he has done so after the XY games, especially since the Five heroes were also mentioned, which makes a future setting even more likely, since Zygarde seems to be the main focus, so they can expand on that as well). And obviously, i am not gonna say anything that Sina and Dexio appear older, since that can just be the upgraded graphics between XY and SUMO.

If its a future setting, its also interesting to see which characters will appear in the game, considering its only Lumiose. I don't think every Gym Leader will appear and that some will get a mention, but i am personally 100% expecting Clemont (Obviously), Korrina and Gurrkin (Due to Mega Evolution mechanic), Wulfric (Since i can see them giving him Mega Abomasnow now he had one in the anime or Mega Glalie as a tie in to Legends Arceus with his ancestor Gaeric). Alexa works in Lumiose, so she might also appear (And then by proxy, they can namedrop Viola or just let her flat-out appear). Another option is that the Battle Chateau got relocated to Lumiose City, just like the breeder, as Lumiose is the central hub and as such a more convnient location (And in that case, all Gym Leaders and Elite 4 can appear). Diantha especially is a given to appear.

Last edited:
Sycamore would line up with the leader of Galaxy Team being a rowan ancestor, Professors/characters related to Professors running the main team you work for. Of course it could easily be far enough in the future that its decendents of the XY characters instead, would only need to be like, 2 familial generations. (Atleast for the older characters, need to make room for the younger ones to age up enough to have kids who are also aged up enough, and even then I guess it could still be one, adults and all that).
Already threw out my Lysandre decendent idea.

Sycamore would line up with the leader of Galaxy Team being a rowan ancestor, Professors/characters related to Professors running the main team you work for. Of course it could easily be far enough in the future that its decendents of the XY characters instead, would only need to be like, 2 familial generations. (Atleast for the older characters, need to make room for the younger ones to age up enough to have kids who are also aged up enough, and even then I guess it could still be one, adults and all that).
Already threw out my Lysandre decendent idea.

I mean, at least for the decendent idea, Wulfric is confirmed to have wife and kids, so at least one of them can appear. Maybe they even have taken over from their father as the Gym Leader (As Wulfric has to be at least in his fifties, maybe in his mid sixtees depending on how far into the future Legends ZA is). This would also be interesting, since that means three generations of that family have appeared (Gaeric in Legends Arceus, Wulfric in XY and one if its kids in Legends ZA).

Back
Top Bottom