• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia - ENDGAME - Mission Failed... [Societea wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia - 3/29 - Day 10 - Grumpy Old Men

Vote: Nytie

Obvious mafia right here. Soulmaster only voted with us to make us seem mafia. We would've got you guys last phase but Hilbert fell for your evil plot.

lolwut We're the good guys. Vote: Zenax

Thanks for inventing me the double voting role Nytie, it's gonna be a lifesaver xD

[video=youtube;CXE7mkjWW3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXE7mkjWW3o[/video]

Nema finished her invention. With this… with this, they had a chance…!

Edward admired his control gauntlet. Primitive, compared to the ancient armor, but it had certainly proved effective nonetheless. He pointed it at Nema.

“I would appreciate it if you would give that invention to someone else,” he coaxed.

Nema had no choice. Her body moved on its own. She handed it to Arley.

And then he killed her with it.

Nytie,

150px-Nema.png

You are Nema. You are very intelligent, and invent things all the time. You share your talents with others all the time, so when the turmoil in town starts, you are determined to help the Union get the upper hand against the Societea. Once per day phase, you can assign one randomly assigned role to any user apart from yourself. The roles given are chosen by the Host. PM Host with message "Invent: User" to activate.

Because you tend to go a little overboard with your inventions, the assigned role you give someone else can be used only during the day/night phase in which you give it, as it malfunctions if you wait too long to use it.

In addition, you love your mom and dad very much, so all votes made toward Leanne and Rand count for zero.

Nytie, Union, was killed. The Union wins when all threats have been eliminated.

There was only one left. This one had caused so much trouble… its eavesdropping ways had put a thorn in his side one too many times.

Edward pulled out the same knife he had used to kill Ben.

And he ended the final villager.

Neonsands,
200px-251Celebi.png

You are Celebi. The people of Cocona Village revere you for your dedication to protecting the forests. With your unique time-travel abilities, you can go back in time to a time when someone was nightkilled. You will get a hint as to what might have happened there. To use this ability, PM the Host with the message “Time travel: Night X” and the Host will provide you with the hint. Unfortunately, time travel takes a lot out of you, so this ability can be used only once.

Neonsands, Union, was killed. The Union wins when all threats have been eliminated.

With nobody left to oppose them, Arley and Edward were able to find the mythical Golden Armor, and with no Union to stop them, they took over Oblivia.

The Societea wins.

---

Well, that's that! Thanks for playing, and I hope you had fun! :D

Societea QT: Tea Time~ - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Baron Dante's role PM:
Baron Dante,
Clyde.png

You are Clyde. Once part of a quartet of evildoers, you have dedicated your life to making amends to the Ranger Union – all while travelling around the world as part of a famous rock band. Your travels have led you to Oblivia, where you hear of a ceremony going on in Cocona Village. Of course, you decide to check it out, and find yourself in the middle of mass panic, where no one is thinking straight and everyone’s pointing fingers at everyone else.

Luckily for you, one of your siblings came with you, and the two of you know you’re innocent – this time, anyway. You can form an alliance with Tiffany. Your votes toward Tiffany will not count. Likewise, since you’re very protective of your sister, if another player has voted to lynch Tiffany, your votes against that person will count double (if the person unvotes Tiffany before the phase end, your vote will return to one vote).

You are allied with the Union. The Union wins when all threats have been eliminated.

Mintaka's hidden ability:
HIDDEN: Summer has a backup plan for you in case she dies. Her informant will pass along information from the Societea’s tea party. All names will be omitted. This ability can be used only at night, and because the informant is scared, this ability can be used only once. To use, PM the host with the message “Get information from informant.”

Croag's hidden ability:
HIDDEN: Ben has been a Ranger longer than you have, so you are Ben’s backup – if he is to be killed, you assume his responsibilities and avenge him by hunting down the Societea. You can check any user’s alignment once per night. To use this ability, PM the host with the message “Investigate: User.”

TIMELINE:
Day 1:
Tris79 steals Baron Dante’s vote against Zenax
Tris79 votes “no lynch” (x2 votes against lynching)
Zenax controls Mijzelffan (Mij has no redirectable ability or pertinent vote changing ability)
Zenax – 3 votes, No lynch – 4 votes (Result: NO LYNCH)

Night 1:
Sourcandy fled town for the night; safe from all night actions and kills
DrumBeats votes to kill Croag
Croag, Summer, is killed
Mintaka’s hidden ability is activated

Day 2:
Paperhorse tracks Zenax’s ability
Derier44 sends the following message to Sourcandy: “You have received an infallible message verifying that Derier44 is allied with the Union.”
No Lynch, Booker, is ironically unanimously lynched

Night 2:
Mintaka investigates Zenax; due to his Godfather role, Zenax reads as Union affiliated
Mijzelffan prepares to clean up the nightkill
Societea nightkills Baron Dante
Baron Dante’s affiliation and ability will be unknown to everyone but Mij, Baron Dante, and NfiNity

Day 3:
Paperhorse tracks Mijzelffan; informed that Mij cleaned up the crime scene
Neonsands travels back in time to view the crime
Mij is lynched

Night 3:
Mintaka investigates Paperhorse; Paperhorse’s alignment turns up Union
Aestivate blocks Zenax’s ability
The Societea votes to kill Derier44

Day 4:
Paperhorse tracks Sourcandy (nothing)
Nytie invents an ability for Paperhorse (Paperhorse was given the one-phase ability to track an individual. She will be able to see who a user targeted, but not what the action was)
Sourcandy is lynched unanimously

Night 4:
Paperhorse uses Nema’s invention to track Tris (made aware that Tris, during Phase 3, targeted Derier44)
Mintaka investigates Nytie; Nytie’s alignment turns up Union
The Societea votes to kill Paperhorse

Day 5:
Aestivate roleblocks Gotpika
Town lynches Gotpika
Gotpika’s bomb ability is blocked

Night 5:
Feralize is killed

Day 6:
Soulmaster opts to redirect the lynch
MaterialGirl McQueen checks Nytie’s post about being neither mafia nor doctor; Nytie is cleared innocent to MM
Lynch is redirected to Insanish Danish (player #4)

Night 6:
Mintaka is informed that Aestivate is an independent
Societea votes to kill NfiNity

Day 7:
Town votes to lynch Tris79

Night 7:
Aestivate roleblocks Soulmaster
HilbertCressLover protects Mintaka
DrumBeats counters the doctor-bypassing role with his role
Mintaka is killed

Day 8:
Nytie invents a nightkill-proof ability for Neonsands
Soulmaster opts to use his last lynch redirect
Aestivate is lynched

Night 8:
HilbertCressLover protects Nytie
Paperhorse is subbed in for MiloticGirl
Paperhorse activates her ability and determines that DrumBeats is lying about being independent
Societea kills Paperhorse

Day 9:
Nytie invents for Neonsands
Zenax redirects Nytie’s ability; RGN sends it to HilbertCressLover instead
HilbertCressLover gains a one-shot vig kill
HilbertCrssLover opts to use her one-shot vig kill on Soulmaster
Soulmaster is killed

Night 9:
Societea kills HilbertCressLover

Day 10:
Nytie invents a double vote for Neonsands
Zenax redirects it (RNG gives it to DrumBeats)

Potential inventions for Nema:
1) Double vote
2) Vig kill
3) Ability redirect
4) Track person (who they targeted, but not what they did)
5) Lie detection
6) One-night killproof (automatic role)

I think that's all the major stuff.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia - ENDGAME - Mission Failed... [Societea wins

[video=youtube;i7fnlJ60RO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fnlJ60RO8[/video]
Thanks for hosting, Hitomi. That was the most nerve-wracking game I've been in, but also one of the games where I had the most fun.

Zenax said:
'm waiting for DrumBeats' reply. Personally I want to kill Paperhorse because she just got back in the game and I am evil.

:O

Zenax said:
I am evil.

I knew it.

No big surprise there. :p

Re: Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia - ENDGAME - Mission Failed... [Societea wins

@DrumBeats How could you kill a little girl? YOU. MONSTER. XD

Great game, Hitomi. I really enjoyed it, even though I was under suspicion for most of it lol The roles were really inventive and I had a lot of fun :)

Ugh Zenax after I was killed I knew it was you in the mafia. I kept waiting for someone to vig kill you. xD

Oh btw I happened to be a tracker jacker during the day (where I can just track actions), and the one Nytie sent me was just a one phase ability where I can track who targeted who. SO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KILL ME. :p

Anyway, the game was fun, thanks Hitomi. :)

Another win for me :) Thanks for hosting Hitomi!

[video=youtube;i7fnlJ60RO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fnlJ60RO8[/video]
It was a sweet,sweet,sweet victory,yeah

0:18 to 0:20 = Neonsands,0:50 to 0:52 = Zenax,0:53 to 0:56 = DrumBeats

Zenax is a true evil genius xD Good game town, and thanks for hosting Hitomi

I don't ever remember claiming to be independent, but either way it worked out in the end.

I love how when Tris is mafia he always seems to get killed and then wins anyway. It's like he's supporting the team from beyond the grave.

I love how when Tris is mafia he always seems to get killed and then wins anyway. It's like he's supporting the team from beyond the grave.

Well duh, I support with QT talk but not much.

That reminds me, I'd like to congratulate Neon for how he played. If we didn't get so lucky by the end/had so many circumstances in our favor the town would have won, and he did a great job.

Ugh Zenax after I was killed I knew it was you in the mafia. I kept waiting for someone to vig kill you. xD

Oh btw I happened to be a tracker jacker during the day (where I can just track actions), and the one Nytie sent me was just a one phase ability where I can track who targeted who. SO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KILL ME. :p

Anyway, the game was fun, thanks Hitomi. :)
The first or second time? :p

And I was kinda under a lot of stress there, Nytie being alive was the last reason why I wasn't lynched and we need to pull a tie. I didn't want to take the risk of you being a double voter, that would have ruined absolutely everything. xD

Zenax is a true evil genius xD
I'm just lucky. xD

Someone should take the tune of this
[video=youtube;rApuelWrBFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApuelWrBFk&feature=player_embedded[/video]
and make a song called "All Hail Zenax".

Someone should take the tune of this
[video=youtube;rApuelWrBFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApuelWrBFk&feature=player_embedded[/video]
and make a song called "All Hail Zenax".

Don't encourage him, he'll start building an evil empire XD

Hey now, I don't want any empire. xD

THE FIRST. xD

And on my birthday. D:
So it's a good thing you couldn't be too vocal about it the second time, then. :p

But you got ice cream cake! It's a good compromise.

LIES. I CAN SEE YOU PLOTTING OVER THERE.

So it was Zenax after all >_<

Anyway, this was a fun game. I couldn't help but keep up with the game after my death XD

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. ^^ I really loved reading the PMs, the QT, all the accusations flying around... I definitely had a ton of fun hosting.

What did everyone think of the roles? I tried to balance them; unfortunately, some of the town roles weren't used like I envisioned (or at all) so it ultimately seemed that the Societea was a bit overpowered (I anticipated that MiloticGirl would use Pichu's lie detector to point out that Zenax was stringing everyone along, for example).

I think that maybe a one-shot vigilante would have made things more interesting; I seriously debated having Purple Eyes either a one-shot vig or serial killer, but decided on the bomb instead.

My favorite thing was writing the flavor texts. I slipped hints in almost every one of them; some people picked up on a few, and some innocuous parts of them were highlighted instead. xD Did you enjoy the flavor text as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom