• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday reveals Black and White, movie 13 info: Isshu starters, cities confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Sunday reveals Black and White, movie 13 info: Isshu starters, cities con

ehhh.... so looks like im the first squeeky wheel here...

i, for one, dont get excited when i see this new footage.

The animations look... well, dumb in my opinion, and when pixels move they typically get blurry (as I'm seeing in the video played) and it just looks wierd..
post note, they all had similar bouncing animations... i have little expetations for those bounces.. >.>

i prefer the still pokemon sprites cause they aren't distracting or blurry, and you can focus on the battle. and since when has the dialogue box been in the way of anything? o_O

this new battle sequence has me...... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh i also dont really like the camera angle..

i fear im gunna buy this game anyways cause either a) ill catch em all in diamond and need more to do, or b) have nothing else to do..

:/

We have a blasphemer in our midst...:dodgy:

I expect it will look much better when you're actually playing it. The video quality wasn't great.
You DON'T like the moving sprites?!!! HUH?!!! Them just sitting still that whole time just didn't make sense.. How is Pidgeot just magically floating in the air?!
The moving of the dialogue box was probably to allow more stuff to be on screen at a time. Nobody was really complaining about it, but now that they've done it, I guess it is nice.
You don't like the camera angle? But isn't it the SAME angle as from previous games? Or is that the problem?

Re: Pokémon Sunday reveals Black and White, movie 13 info: Isshu starters, cities con

I find the Gameplay Interesting.
Because the Animation of the Pokemon contain many Frames.
Atleast 5, with a new Battle System.
That means Gamefreak had to make 5-6 Frames for the Front and Back for Each Pokemon! And there around 600 with the 5th Generation. All I can say is well done GameFreak.

Another is the City Gameplay, seeing that the People Sprites were very Active. Like a Poke-Newyork City. In other Pokemon Games people would just stand around and walk 1 step and Back.
Another thumbs up to GameFreak.

I'm really iffy on everything that Black and White has been showing us so far. I'm not really impressed with the Pokemon that have been revealed. The battle aspect is rather interesting though, but would investing so much information into that take away from the actual substance of the game? I'm really curious to know what they'll be expanding on game play wise.

Are the cities in this game going to be A LOT bigger than the ones in earlier gens? is Hiun the city with that dark alley that was in the first gen V gameplay video?

Are the cities in this game going to be A LOT bigger than the ones in earlier gens? is Hiun the city with that dark alley that was in the first gen V gameplay video?

I think so,in the program they only talked about hiun city.And in the first video you can see the entrance to an alley.

I will adore this region if the city is a big as it seems.

Holy f***...GF actually came through for us? I'm speechless

Wow.

Everything is just so different, and I mean that in a good way. It's cool how the people move around and actually act like they have someplace to be, and that they move out of your way. The battle scenes are pretty cool, now that the Pokemon actually move (although that might get a bit distracting from time to time). I also like the new move animations.

Yep, people have lives in this game. Imagine, now GF have a variety of weird things for trainers to say before battle! *Walks up to protagonist* "LETS MAKE THIS QUICK I HAVE AN IMPORTANT BUSINESS MEETING!"

Lol, I'm adding this to my sig!

Yep, people have lives in this game. Imagine, now GF have a variety of weird things for trainers to say before battle! *Walks up to protagonist* "LETS MAKE THIS QUICK I HAVE AN IMPORTANT BUSINESS MEETING!"

Or like when you randomly walk into somebody's house, the person sitting at the table jumps up and yells "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!? GET OUTTA MY F****ING HOUSE YOU CRAZY KIDS!!!"

You know what they should do? When you infiltrate the evil team's hideout, have the alarms go off like they did in the Colosseum Cipher Lab and actually have the Grunts and Admins running around and try to catch you or somethin'. That'll be a hell of alot better than randomly walking into their hideout "inconspicuously" and picking off their goons one by one.

Or like when you randomly walk into somebody's house, the person sitting at the table jumps up and yells "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!? GET OUTTA MY F****ING HOUSE YOU CRAZY KIDS!!!"

You know what they should do? When you infiltrate the evil team's hideout, have the alarms go off like they did in the Colosseum Cipher Lab and actually have the Grunts and Admins running around and try to catch you or somethin'. That'll be a hell of alot better than randomly walking into their hideout "inconspicuously" and picking off their goons one by one.

Ha! I literally LMAO'd when I read this. But yeah, I seriously don't get why no one even says something when you walk into their house randomly.

But I really like the battle screen. I waited for the Pokemon to be constantly animated throughout battle. GF, you have answered my prayers! :D *sobs dramatically*

Re: Pok

Ohh I just had an idea reguarding walking into random peoples home.. They could implement a knocking feature like, for example, on mondays and thursdays a the person is home and you could press like L or R to knock on the door. A little feature like that would be nice.

Makes me wonder what the evil team would be. I say it's an invading pokemon nation... but yeah, this new revelation does bring some interesting ideas to mind.

As for walking into someone's house, I figured it was a Pokemon League ordinance that a person's home is always open to traveling trainers.

So Pokemon Battle sequence....just became a strange Flash animation fest? Hmmm...ok, so Pokemon is now using ideas that have been used since like SNES RPGs and earlier? Not that amazing...but then again I'm old.

Graphically...this is lax Game Freak...you have the technology, just make a 3D handheld PBR, and make them ACTUALLY hit eachother. All or nothing...C'mon.

Hm not sure about this one. When I first saw the moving pokemon I was like 'oh wow that's pretty cool'. But then I saw the starters moving and....they look like marionettes :/ Somehow it just looks incredibly stupid.

I do like the transparant textbox, not that the 'old' textbox was in my way, it just looks nice.

And more people in a town would be fun, I just hope that doesn't mean the town will be full of 50 identical businessman like in the video....

It's nice that they're putting in more effort, but it kind of goes back to the problem that the 3D games have with battle sequences. It just emphasizes how they aren't really hitting eachother with a looping animation, when it's stiff it kinda forces you to use your imagination more.

Either way it isn't that big of a deal, they'll probably give a similar option to turn animations off for people who really care that much like they have in the past.

I think some people are setting their expectations a little too high for these games... to me, I think it's an improvement. Not saying it's a big or small improvement... just an improvement, which happens with each passing Gen of games anyways.:-/

I wonder if that's how they're improving battle sprites if they're gonna do anything with the generic surf and fly sprites

Wow, even the Pokemon Sunday people want to bang the protagonists. *shot*

Aside from that, the battle footage is amazing! I'm very impressed with the new sprites and animations, a lot more than my expectations. As for the city, it reminds me of TWEWY and some other games. I like the new overworld style, it seems very neat. *faps* Pokemon is actually revamping its system and getting out of the old-school stuff!

I'm fully convinced Isshu is Hong Kong. I constantly tried not raising my hopes up as usual, but these games look wruweoiriweuroiweoioinrqfantastic! *slaps self*

Last edited:

Meh. It's going to take a lot more than moving sprites to impress me this time.

Now spriters are gonna get a hard time trying to find static sprites for gen V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom