• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Tarot!

Those are perfect choices (I just DL'd all of them), but I would have made Arceus for the Judgment over Togekiss and being on the World... but maybe the pun is too obvious...

I saw this by following a link from one of the blog comments. Pretty sweet if I may say so myself.

I saw this too. Being someone with experience in Tarot myself, I found it very well done (although I'm itching now to make a set of Minor Arcana).

Those are perfect choices (I just DL'd all of them), but I would have made Arceus for the Judgment over Togekiss and being on the World... but maybe the pun is too obvious...

The traditional art on Judgment is an angel raising the dead (IE, the concept of "the last Judgment").

And as for the World... well, see for yourself. From an aesthetic viewpoint, I'd say Mew was PERFECT for the World (and from a symbolic viewpoint, but I won't go into that unless you really want me to.)

I would've used Dusknoir for Death, and Giratina as the Devil. Pretty good, though.

EDIT: I like the use of Pokemon Tower for The Tower, but thinking on it, I think the Burned Tower from Johto would've served this purpose better, except there is no official depiction of it that I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giratina Origin Forme for Death

Combination Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza for The World

Those are all decent choices actually. I'm actually glad the artist didn't just decide to use legendaries everywhere and only use them sparingly.

They're overused elsewhere.

Yeah.

It looks like the artist was really going for the symbolism in the cards rather than "throw 22 legendaries together and call them Tarot cards."

Giratina is actually appropriate for death though, as is the Weather trio for Earth considering their legend.

Its not like the other leendaries really would fit anywhere else though.

The World card isn't supposed to represent the physical world, though, Bibarr-L. It's more supposed to be the spirituality that encompasses the world and our universe.

I might have used Luxray instead of Entei for Strength, but otherwise, this was awesome! Can't wait to see a Minor Arcana!

Entei works for Strength because it's a bit more fierce and majestic than Luxray.

Same here on the minors, though.

I want Mr. Mime on the Two of Pentacles.

Arceus doesn't look like a naked chick. (actually, from some books I've read, the World card is supposed to have a hermaphrodite on it, and I guess since Mew is genderless, that works just as well.)

Arceus doesn't look like a naked chick. (actually, from some books I've read, the World card is supposed to have a hermaphrodite on it, and I guess since Mew is genderless, that works just as well.)

I've read that too -- and in a bunch of original design tarot decks (from when tarot was first being created), I've seen that the World has a hermaphrodite on it.

^_^ Nidoran male and female are so cute on the Lovers card!

Its not like Arceus has a gender either, and symbollically, it makes more sense than a Mew.

Its not like Arceus has a gender either, and symbollically, it makes more sense than a Mew.

Not really...

Looking at the real card, the figure kinda reminds me of Adam, the first human being. Mew is seen as the originator of all Pokémon.

The Strength card is a bit weird, but I especially love the Hanged Man and Temperance cards! By the way, did anyone notice that the Tower card is a picture of the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom