• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon You Loathe (hate, despise, high dislike, etc.)

Velveteen

1st Generation
Reaction score
We all have like lots of favorites and like those ones we think "cool!" at.

I haven't seen a thread like this, but it might be a repeat, I don't think so, but...

Anyways, first of all, please no one get offended! This is just for fun!

What pokemon do you loathe- is it annoying? Ugly? Or just plain icky to you? Bad experience with it? You accidently used a Masterball on it? Was it your older sister's favorite?

-----
I don't dislike any Pokemon up to Gen2, and I don't know anything beyond that. However, while randomly browsing, I looked up a pokemon mentioned in a fanfic I critiqued- Chimchar.

Chimchar.I thought it looked rather like the unfortunate offspring of DK and a Digimon reject. I was staring at it and was trying to hold down my lunch. So, it was like a monkey with a piece of crap on its head and fire coming out of its ass or something. I was disgusted.

I dislike its evolutions except for Infernape, which is decent.

-----

Rules/Guidelines

Whoa, whoa, I smell a fire starting!!!!

I'll add this to the first post, but this isn't a place to disagree with other's choices of hated pokemon! Please don't turn this into a kindergarten rampage, anyone! I love Feraligatr! But if you hate him I won't bicker! Everyone has different opinions of what's hot and what's not, so please respect everyone else's opinion.

However, plain old cheerful friendly dissent, provided that it does not exceed more than 200 words, is perfectly okay!

I'm not going to lay down fun-spoiling rules, but let's just add a clause that says don't even try to initiate a flame war with someone's post?

Last edited:
There's no one I really hate for its design or personality or anything.

But playing the games far too many times had caused me to have a passionate disliking for Ishitsubute and Zubat.

We've had far too many generations of these guys, and they're far too common. Please keep them out of the caves next time around, GameFreak. For the sanity of gamers everywhere.

Zubat is the most annoying Pokémon in all existance.

Try going through almost any cave without a Repel, and see if you don't encounter Zubat approx 10 times.

Eh. I have a few.

-Chikorita line. My starter was Totodile. Do the math.

-Lucario. To popular. I do love Riolu though.

-Feraligtr. MY LOVLEY TOTODILE AND CROWCONAW DO NOT DESERVE THAT MONSTROSITY.

-Lickylicky. One word. Alberto.

-Piplup. See Lucario. Hareta should have had Turtwig.
*Sticks out tongue at DP Adventures writers*

Zubat and Golbat yeah... And alot of times you cannot escape them and I have even beaten by many in games that used confuse ray on my pokemon and fainted mine because of confusion

Also, Bronzong... its tough to beat a lot... especially at high levels and it annoys me trying to beat beat them.

While hate is too strong a word, there are a few Pokémon that I refuse to train out of principle.

Abra family: I never particularly care for Alakazam, this mostly stems from the inability to catch an abra with only a Pokéball, plus I thought it was a one time only Pokémon, so I only gave it one shot at the time. I usually use other Psychic types, Hypno for generation 1, Xatu for generation 2, Gardevoir for generation 3 and I didn't even have a main psychic type for geneation 4 (I used Lucario and Golduck on my main teams and Bronzong as a backup).

Nido family: I can't train these guys because I cannot for the life of me choose between Nidoqueen or Nidoking.

Scyther/Scizor: It's the Scyther fanboys/girls that drove me away from liking this Pokémon. It's deemed as strong without any sort of merit, Pinsir is more deserving. The only thing Pinsir needs are decent attacking moves that Heracross can't learn. Scizor I can tolerate though. But that would mean having to train a Scyther.

Legendaries: I don't use them out of respect, besides, I usually get bad natures on them.

I don't hate any Pokemon unless someone starts pressuring me to use one I don't like as much then more than a dislike arises for it.

That Pokemon that sits in that category is Raichu unfortunately.

On a normal day basis I only dislike it a bit. I tend to not mind it but I don't like evolving my Pikachu into one. Not because of the anime but just a slight dislike. I don't think it's as cute.

When someone says Pikachu sucks evolve it and starts going at me then the dislike becomes close to a high dislike for a short while then it goes back down to a small dislike when they stop bugging me.

Lucky there aren't that many raichu fans like that around. I don't mind it when a raichu fan suggests it politely because I usually just say my reasons and they understand. Sometimes getting into a friendly battle. It's the jerky ones that I don't like and you get those few jerky people no matter what it is unfortunately.

I can train one fine, though I tend to end up boxing it and getting another Pikachu.=/

Last edited:
Croagunk.

Oddly enough, about two years ago, I woulda posted a resounding "PERSIAN" on this thread. But now I love it.

How dare you hate the creature that stopped the attack OF A LEGENDARY WITH ITS HAND.

:-|

Oh, and Pelippers annoy me. Bloody Protect...

I don't like Gliscor, but that's mainly because it reminds me of Satan.
I also don't care much for Kadabra or Alakazam, but I'm not sure why.
Oh, and Mr. Mime has always annoyed the heck outta me for some reason.

Zubat and Golbat, definately. Followed closely by Zigzagoon and Linoone because they are all pains-in-the-arse and are either too common, don't allow escape, or both. Sneasel are also starting to fall into that catagory, too.

It's fugly and looking at it makes my eyes hurt.
It's like, I dunno, a Muppet caught in Chernobyl or something.

Brock_gureggru.jpg

Hnnnn.

It's quite strong, so I don't mind it.

I'm with the Zubat crowd...because of the fact you can't shake them AND because their call scares the daylights out of me!

Zubat/Golbat...as though it hasn't already been said. But to add a pokemon to those reasons -- Geodude and, later on, Graveller. Because of those stupid things, it takes me FOREVER to get through any cave in the game!

1. THE ZUBAT FAMILY: F***ing confuse ray!!!!!:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

2. Anything with an accuracy-lowering or evasiveness-raising moves, because it seems that with one use of it, I will miss with my next 5 attacks.

3. Milotic, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain

4. Feebas because it's so DAMN HARD to find!

5. All wandering Pokemon

6. Lucian's Girafarig (It constantly uses baton bass to switch to Bronzong. He does it unpredictably and it throws my strategy when he does it:thumbd:)

Any wild Pokemon that can cause paralz or Confusion in R/S/E. They made my Ruby experience a hellish nightmare of status problems.

Bidoof/Bibarel: They are perhaps the ugliest Pokemon that I have ever seen.

Golbat: I hate them. I walk in a cave on Victory road, and I can run from any other Pokemon. But if I run into a Golbat, even if I have a high level Pokemon, it WON'T LET ME RUN! No, it takes like 12 tries for me to get away. And then, I walk not even two steps and guess who comes, GOLBAT!

This is way easier than choosing favs. >:D
Here's mah hate list:
Lucario (or any 4th gen Pokemon for that matter...), Jigglypuff, Meowth, Pichu or any 3rd gen "duo" Pokemon.

EDIT: lol at the people who hate the Zubat family. Repel ftw.

6. Lucian's Girafarig (It constantly uses baton bass to switch to Bronzong. He does it unpredictably and it throws my strategy when he does it:thumbd:)

yeah, I hate the Bronzong... thats the hardest to beat for me in Elite 4. And for a few tries at beating Elite 4 in Pearl, I had problems beathing Flint's Drifblim as most of my pokemons moves would not effect it! Dah!! But glad I beat it in the end.

And don't forget Latios/Latias in R/S/E, big annoyance for me, I could find it roaming around, but when I used mean look with my sablyeye, it would flee. The I had a lv 70 Crobat and used mean look and stopped it from fleeing, and wanted to switch to a pokemon that had yawn or something that could put it to sleep, but it then fled. What do you do to catch it? Oh and the Latios I am trying to catch has 1HP as I false swiped it and I forgot to get the masterball too. But I know an easy way of finding it:

Go to the patch of grass outside Malville cycle road, and check if Latios/Latias is there, if not, go into the building that takes you to the cycle road, then go back out where you came in, and its position will have moved, keep doing it until you have it in the area your in and just go into a patch of grass in the same area and you will find it. Sucks tht won't work in D/P for roaming pokemon.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom