• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DISCUSSION: Possible future project after Dawn of Courage

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Well, once again my brain works in strange ways. While mapping out Dawn of Courage's path a new idea has started to spawn for possibly my next project. To be technical, it's been brewing for the past few nights before I go to bed, and so far it looks rather solid. I haven't done much work in creating a new folder on my computer for this idea because it's still in the baby stages and I don't want to get ahead of myself but from what little I've mapped out mentally it looks like an interesting concept.

For starters, it WON'T be an isekai adventure. It's actually something of a cross between MegaMan Battle Network and Starforce, so it actually takes place on Earth. The concept is this: a stray, badly inured humanoid alien crash-lands on Earth after drifting through the cosmos for who knows how long. He is recovered by scientists and taken to a lab for both treatment and observation. The alien, named Obsidian, is suffering not only heavy physical damage, but also mental damage, resulting in him having terrible amnesia. What he does remember is the destruction of his home world, what galaxy he's from, another species of alien race called Virons, and his name.

Despite the incredible damage he's got an ability to auto-heal every time he transforms in and out of his "combat form", as his race are considered the police force of the universe, which does speed up his recovery. Said combat form also turns him into a half-cyber entity that allows him to phase between the physical world and the cyber realm at will. Despite his amnesia he's also quite bright and, with the help of the scientists who rescued him, is able to revolutionize Earth's technology in the span of a month, effectively creating a cyber realm not unlike the Cyberworld/Wave World fusion from the two aforementioned MegaMan series.

However, he realizes that, with his planet gone and his people scattered to the cosmos, evil alien races like the Virons will take this opportunity to begin conquest. As a result, by using his combat form as a basis, he creates the "Cyber Guardian" project (CG for short), which are essentially Net Navis but they can take a temporary solid form because Virons can phase between the real and cyber realms themselves, thus allowing them to fight Virons no matter which form they take (although Virons prefer their cyber form as becoming physical takes up a lot of energy). This spawns the creation of the AI Cyber Guardians and Combat Chips, which are weapons based off of Obsidian's race's abilities and Virons. As a result of this Obsidian uses his combat form to adopt and alas called "Star Rider" and acts as the first line of defense against Virons and other possible threats. This, however, also spawns the creation of evil organizations that use Cyber Guardians and, eventually, Virons, as weapons of mass destruction, resulting in the creation of the concept known as Cyber Battles, which ends up becoming something of a spectator sport pretty quickly, effectively mimicking Virus Busting and Net Battles.

At first Obsidian is on his own, slowly regaining his memories and abilities, as his amnesia means he's forgotten a sizable chunk of his powers. But soon after the Cyber Guardian project is kicked into full-swing he's soon joined by Pride, Julia, Thomas, and Daxter, along with their Cyber Guardians Knightmare, Cherry, Knuckler, and Strag, respectively. They are eventually joined by another member of Obsidian's race, a female named Lyn, who takes the alas of Leaf Gale in her combat form, who is, simply put, a stalker to Obsidian but he doesn't remember her (for various reasons), and often gets into competitions for his attention with Pride and Julia, but does genuinely want to help defend Earth. Obsidian/Star Rider also gains two rivals: Lance and his Cyber Guardian Ace, and Chaos, who is a rogue and a member of the same race as Obsidian and Lyn a la Bass.EXE, who already has a history with Obsidian, as well as one of two members of their race with unlimited potential, Obsidian being the other. Together they fight Virons, evil organizations, and other such threats to defend their world.

Interesting concept, right? It's still in the alpha stages at best, especially since only the base groundwork has been created. But what do you think? Does this sound like an idea I should pursue when Dawn of Courage ends? Let me know.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom