• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Mod Note:Ive noticed a bit of arguing going on here. A reminder of the rules of this thread, from the first post:

Re-opening this thread. Aslong as there is no arguments between people, and people use this thread ONLY to vent their complaints or to agree with others complaints and then go, it's fine. Warning/Infractions and potentially thread bans will occur for anyone who can't keep to these guidelines./QUOTE]

Wow. Rude much? Not to mention making assumptions based on *sarcasm*. Especially since GF/Nintendo *did* pander to the Gen 1ers in X/Y with Mega Evos. Learn some manners, hun; maybe then we can have a well-articulated debate over the validity of Kanto/Johto Pokémon being glorified/overused.

[no offense meant towards you, Norzan!]
Non taken. Apparentely a person can't have a legitimate complaint because if they do they are basically crying but whatever, i still stand by my argument that GF is over glorifying Gen 1.

Last edited:
I don't mind the current type chart, though. I love how my MegaAggron rampages through a team of Fairies, killing them off without breaking a sweat. An immunity would have been nice, but it's fine now imo.

Another rant is that the Looker sidequest was more interesting than the Team Flare main plot. A main dish being worse than the side dish huh...

I don't mind the current type chart, though. I love how my MegaAggron rampages through a team of Fairies, killing them off without breaking a sweat. An immunity would have been nice, but it's fine now imo.

Another rant is that the Looker sidequest was more interesting than the Team Flare main plot. A main dish being worse than the side dish huh...
The only thing i don't like about the current type chart is Fairy resisting Bug, seriously did Bug needed another type resisting it? The rest of type chart is fine and it's specially funny because people thought Fairy would be OP and it's actualy Ghost because it's no longer resisted by Steel. And yes Looker sidequest was much more interesting than the main plot, GF really needs to do a spin off game with Looker.

Another problem I have is the weather. Trying to catch an Immunity Gligar is almost impossible since it never stops raining on Route 19 for more than 10 minutes. Then the opposite always comes true when trying to evolve Sligoo. Let me use Rain Dance and Sunny Day outside of battle!

And again, the music is really annoying me. Too much repetition.

EDIT:

Also, the fact that it seems to randomly choose an opponent if you click an empty slot in a horde encounter. I just lost an Immunity Gligar that way.

Last edited:
Trying to get Thunder, Dawn, Shiny, and Dusk stones. WTH Gamefreak?! You go from finding them all over the place in a B2W2 minigame to praying you get one if you manage to beat your high score on a reasonably hard minigame in X and Y! All I want is Electross and Cinccino. Is that too much to ask? They could of at least put thunder stones on the stone shop and made the other stones pickup items.

You talk like that's new. I generally find side stories more interesting then the main plot. I'm usually distracted by playing the game during the main plot though. This Looker sidequest is easily the most story heavy sidequest in the series though.

GF really needs to do a spin off game with Looker.
Maybe that'll be in the Pikachu detective game?

Also, the fact that it seems to randomly choose an opponent if you click an empty slot in a horde encounter. I just lost an Immunity Gligar that way.
The game's not psychic. It can't tell what Pokemon you want to attack if you don't tell it which.

The game's not psychic. It can't tell what Pokemon you want to attack if you don't tell it which.

No, but it should be reasonable for it to select the closest occupied slot.

If "E" is an empty (fainted) slot and "O" is an occupied (still present pokemon) slot in the horde layout, in my case the battle was like this:
E E O
E _ O

If I select the "E" slot in the middle, reason dictates it should target the closest space - the one next to it. Obviously it makes more sense to be random if both sides are still occupied, but even then it should simply be programmed to target the weaker target in that instance. Otherwise it should just not accept selecting an empty slot.

I still think your attack should miss if you select an empty spot. Even if that would bite me in the butt all the time.
I get the feeling Gamefreak doing that would end up in this thread.

I could get behind that. There are times in Gen IV and V where I wanted to be able to make my attacks miss by choosing an empty slot so I could catch the remaining pokemon when I didn't have anything I could switch with.

I still think your attack should miss if you select an empty spot.
Like Final Fantasy 1 did back on the NES?

I could agree with that. I find it made battles just a little more intellectual because you had the risk that if you make multiple party members attack the same thing but your Knight moves first and one-shots the monster, everybody else effectively wastes their turn. So instead of just mindlessly targetting the same monster and your team members automatically pick a target, YOU end up planning who you want to attack and whether a given attack is expected to kill it. You end up spreading your attacks out across multiple targets and battling slightly more efficiently.

I have a few new gripes I just realized.

- Evening/dusk (about 9PM Kalos time) is DARKER than actual night. Seriously, why?

- Every time you're online on the PSS, if you put the system in sleep/standby you get a connection error the moment you return to the game. Why? The odd part is this only seems to happen with the PSS, it does NOT happen when searching the GTS.

- So you can pass down hidden abilities from male Pokemon if you breed with Ditto ... but why not Pokeball?

Speaking of Hidden Abilities, if they went to the trouble of allowing males to breed them down, why not do the same with genderless Pokemon?

It would be really nice if you didn't have to wait for the other person when pinging them on the PSS. Okay, I totally understand having to wait on them to start up a trade/battle, but for something like viewing their PR video I'd like to be able to walk around and actually do stuff while I'm waiting for them to respond and the game to download it.

The E4 and the Champion weren't as difficult as I expected ._.

I beat them 8 levels under levelled, using only one item (a Hyper Potion vs the Dragon lady) and the Champion was the only person NOT to kill someone. The champion couldn't deal with Calm Mind *3 Florges. (I used two of them when it was obvious she'd full restore. Thanks for using them, you made me stronger!

Anyway yeah, I shouldn't bee destroyed, not win the league pretty under leveled.

The champion couldn't deal with Calm Mind *3 Florges.
That's called a 'strategic victory'. If she hadn't let you set up the buffs she'd probably have taken you down with physical attacks.

She never even used any one it, she spammed fire blast and other special attacks I was like 'lol'.

Well, the Gen VI GTS officially sucks worse than Gen V. If someone has a shiny up and is asking for an Arceus and you try to trade, you're told no. It seems Arceus is just too special to trade but just common enough to ask for if someone wants to show off a shiny. And here I thought the e-peen waggling would be cleaned up this Gen. Stupid, silly me. =/

Well, the Gen VI GTS officially sucks worse than Gen V. If someone has a shiny up and is asking for an Arceus and you try to trade, you're told no. It seems Arceus is just too special to trade but just common enough to ask for if someone wants to show off a shiny. And here I thought the e-peen waggling would be cleaned up this Gen. Stupid, silly me. =/

I get that problem too. I think I'm going to Pokecheck for some non-ribboned Suicune, since that seems to be what everyone wants. It's so annoying! I have two Arceus, I don't want the other one anymore, let me trade it away!

EDIT:

My disappointments:
- The Dream Ball's pokemon effect (the pink smoke) is absent now, doesn't look as cool.
- some moves' animations like Sacred Fire are INCREDIBLY underwhelming.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom