• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Regarding Team Plasma's Appearance in the TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.
N had no badges, so he did not win it fairly, as he did not have the qualifications.

If Reshiram/Zekrom is N's ticket to the Unova League without proven badges in the anime, I'm calling him the new Trollbias.

And N/Team Plasma are not "Kid-Friendly", due to Team Plasma's mission being too similar to several real-life organizations who would sue for allegorical libel and/or slander/call N a politically incorrect example of autistic/Asperger's Syndrome-afflicted people as evil, stupid, instinctively criminal, and easily manipulated.

Um, then why haven't the games attracted such controversy for this? Pretty flawed theory.

Honestly, the reason why the Team Plasma plot is barely present so far (as well as every other past team including Team Rocket outside of the TRio) is because the writers can't seem to handle a linear storyline and rely on the Episodic approach where they don't really have to plan too much out, if anything at all. As such, the evil teams are barely present outside of episodes adapted from select plot points in the games or just made up since the repetitive nature of the series overall is easier for the staff to handle. Not that it prevents the show from sucking in the end. This is most likely due to each generation of the Anime starting and ending with each generation of the games for promotion. It's likely that the Sinnoh League and Tobias are results of this.

Also, how do you know that N didn't have badges in the games?

Last edited:
N had no badges, so he did not win it fairly, as he did not have the qualifications.

If Reshiram/Zekrom is N's ticket to the Unova League without proven badges in the anime, I'm calling him the new Trollbias.

And N/Team Plasma are not "Kid-Friendly", due to Team Plasma's mission being too similar to several real-life organizations who would sue for allegorical libel and/or slander/call N a politically incorrect example of autistic/Asperger's Syndrome-afflicted people as evil, stupid, instinctively criminal, and easily manipulated.

Um, then why haven't the games attracted such controversy for this? Pretty flawed theory.

I wouldn't call that a theory, but more or less a personal opinion. Because if we go by that logic, the organizations have never been kid friendly. A mafia that kills animals, eco-terrorists and a crazy cult...

Does it matter if it's not kid friendly? I doubt most of the people watching are always kids. And my god, what IS kid friendly? Even in an awesome movie like the Lion King, Scar, who's Mufasa's BROTHER, kills Mufasa.

Does it matter if it's not kid friendly? I doubt most of the people watching are always kids. And my god, what IS kid friendly? Even in an awesome movie like the Lion King, Scar, who's Mufasa's BROTHER, kills Mufasa.

Oddly enough, movies that are G-rated like Disney movies seem to have more depth and even darkness than a TV show of a similar rating would. At least in America where it seems like TV is more half-assed than movies even today.

BTW, this is an Anime we're talking about. An ANIME! It may be for kids but do you know what Anime was also for kids? Mobile Suit Gundam, Naruto, Dragon Ball (Z), One Piece, any Shonen Manga and Anime, and others. They are able to get away with far more than what Pokemon allows itself too.

Agreed there. I mean, it would be so awesome if Pokemon was a bit "darker". I don't see the problem with that, I mean, it's not like they'd have to show someone's hand getting chopped off or something morbid like that to be "dark". Just include N's emotion and his past.
I'm not asking for blood or death but I am asking for better storytelling that has good characterization and (perhaps) logic. Not to mention depth in the characters and story to make us care them and what they do. We need to like the characters, be happy for them, cry for them and just feel for them. Ash and co. are just blank slates that I feel nothing for.

And why not make a separate Anime series for each Generation? There'd be new characters and stories to keep the series fresh and at least they won't have to bother dragging out Ash for no good reason.

Last edited:

Oddly enough, movies that are G-rated like Disney movies seem to have more depth and even darkness than a TV show of a similar rating would. At least in America where it seems like TV is more half-assed than movies even today.

Agreed there. I mean, it would be so awesome if Pokemon was a bit "darker". I don't see the problem with that, I mean, it's not like they'd have to show someone's hand getting chopped off or something morbid like that to be "dark". Just include N's emotion and his past.

Also, how do you know that N didn't have badges in the games?

Check the statue inside any of the gyms. The list will only consist of your name, as well as Cheren and Bianca's names. Also, in Mistralton City, N states that he is strongly against the idea of competing against the gym leaders for badges, despite it being required to challenge the Pokemon League.

But seriously, this is N we're talking about. With Zekrom/Reshiram in tow, he would've had no problem waltzing in there. The guards were probably scared of the big honking dragon...or they just flew in the back. Who knows.

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that this thread's topic is Team Plasma's appearance in the Animé, whether or not it will still happen, how that storyline would go down, etc. If you want to solely discuss the game's plot, please direct your comments to the Video Games section and if you want to make some general comments about what the show should be, there are several threads in the Animé section that allow you to do just that.

Please relate your posts to Team Plasma appearing in the Animé and how it would be in the Animé.

Thank you,
Hellion

I still just don't understand what they are waiting for. It will almost be a whole year until they have not shown up. I think that has been enough time. Unless they have been maybe working on many episodes to play during one time so they would be ready.... Probably not likely, though. When did they ever plan ahead?

I still just don't understand what they are waiting for.
The League?
Okay maybe not, but I'd be totally on board for Plasma League Hijack 2012.
It would certainly beat having Ash predictably lose yet again.

I hope these over sensitivities don't ruin the anime and have Team Plasma consigned to the bin forever like Porygon. This is one thing I fail to understand with Japanese television, they do the right thing by not showing the episodes after tragic real life events occur such as destruction of buildings, during Earthquakes, the Whiscash episode is another great example. But to ban the episodes forever, and in Porygon's case ban the entire evolutionary line from ever appearing again just seems way over sensitive.

Also why does the banning of these episodes in Japan mean they can't receive an international release?

After the tragic events of 9/11 its my understanding that the episode featuring a giant tentacruel destroying a city was temporarily omitted. However, the Americans have their big boy pants on and after a reasonable amount of time had passed the episode was aired and now it's just seen as a normal episode and during reruns has the slot where it was supposed to originally air. Why can Japanese television not do the same?

Going by something I read (but likely from an official source), Meowth's VA in Japan spoke about "Electric Soldier Porygon" and how everyone on the Production Staff wanted to forget they ever made it and caused such trouble. Though I'm curious why anyone never noticed during post-production that the strobing lights wouldn't be easy on the eyes. Was NO ONE on the staff epileptic enough to notice the bad effects? But I digress.

Anyways, I don't think Team Plasma will be another Porygon since they're an evil team and not a mere Pokemon. While their absence from Best Wishes does warrant concern, I'd give it time. But if you ask me, they really should've showed them early on since they're practically essential to the series.

Seriously, why do Jessie, James and Meowth get so much focus as antagonists even when they're in a region that their team isn't featured in? A director said that each generation of the Anime has a different audience in mind. If that's the case, why haven't Jessie, James and Meowth been given closure in Kanto or Johto? Are they just easier to write? Are they trying to not alienate older fans by canning them? If it's the former, I truly pity them. If it's the latter, I have one word to just debunk their stupid mindset: Misty.

Going by something I read (but likely from an official source), Meowth's VA in Japan spoke about "Electric Soldier Porygon" and how everyone on the Production Staff wanted to forget they ever made it and caused such trouble.

Well Ok I can understand that, but the whiscash episode and more importantly the Team Plasma 2 parter were never shown. If they had shown them, and there had been loads of complaints about it being insensitive to the victims so soon after an Earthquake, again I could understand consigning them to the bin forever. But in this case, that didn't happen, they held back on the episodes and did the right thing by not airing them just after the Earthquake, so no offence was caused. What I don't understand is why couldn't they then show them later? What I further fail to understand is why they didn't send the episodes to the US to be dubbed?

I think that they will air the Team Plasma episodes really soon. I thought I heard somewhere that a major VA was announced in Japan...? Maybe it's for N? Or maybe I'm twisting facts around.

I think that they will air the Team Plasma episodes really soon. I thought I heard somewhere that a major VA was announced in Japan...? Maybe it's for N? Or maybe I'm twisting facts around.

Nope. All that happened was there was a gathering of VAs for something, and someone noticed that only one of them wasn't active in Pokemon at the moment, and they thought it was funny and blogged about it. Nothing to do with a new VA.

Nope. All that happened was there was a gathering of VAs for something, and someone noticed that only one of them wasn't active in Pokemon at the moment, and they thought it was funny and blogged about it. Nothing to do with a new VA.

.....Oh. *go sits in a corner and cries*

Team Plasma appearance is a Team Plasma appearance I don't care if they all show up dressed as bananas I want to see them attack during the league.

Although I think if there's one thing the Galactic Arc showed us it's that villainous teams can be epic.
But I really did not like how they turned Cyrus into just another shallow villain who wanted to take over the world take that as a warning N fangirls.

For some reason, I think it'll be like the game where they do it after the league....Like how in the game you have to search all over the Unova region for the 7 sages and have Looker bring them to jail xD

Plus, a two part episode titled Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma was supposed to be aired before Ash battled Burgh, but due to the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, it wasn't aired. It hasn't been announced when it'll be aired yet either....

Last edited:
Team Plasma appearance is a Team Plasma appearance I don't care if they all show up dressed as bananas I want to see them attack during the league.

Although I think if there's one thing the Galactic Arc showed us it's that villainous teams can be epic.
But I really did not like how they turned Cyrus into just another shallow villain who wanted to take over the world take that as a warning N fangirls.

But they COULDN'T(Well, they COULD, but...) turn N into a shallow villain who wanted to take over the world!! That would be Ghetsis's job. Not to mention that N doesn't want to take over the world. He wants to liberate Pokemon from trainers. He has so much depth, not to mention...

I saw the opening titles for Season 15 and they had footage from episodes that haven't even aired in Japan. This lead me to believe that TPCi DID get the Team Plasma two parter. They might've been dubbed and set to air prior to 3/11. After the disasters, they may've decided to merely postpone the episodes and air them later with the same story and perhaps edited animation to avoid the shaking effects and CN would air the English version of them in their proper order. But the episodes weren't aired possibly due to the production staff's indecision and they didn't want CN to air the episodes if TV Tokyo wasn't going to.

But that's just my theory. I honestly don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom