• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP22: Date Expectations ・ EP23: Mean With Envy ・ EP24: Pacifidlog Jam

Oh, I had plenty of good pictures of Glalie to use, and I *could* have posted the usual amount. However, I simply ran out of time.

Also, I realize that it doesn't have the Kids' WB! logo or is slightly cropped or has washed out colors and all that, but, again, I didn't have the time to fix all that.

Also, no mention of my prank on Bulbapedia's April Fools 2006 page makes me sad.

Last edited:
FabuVinny said:
That's not entirely true. The badge case edit was not seen in the UK until Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it Snorunt.

UK doesn't air a dubbed version of the american dub, they air the american dub itself. This is also why UK airs the episodes around the same time as US, while most other countries are a year behind or so. And if there is a difference between the american version of the show and the UK/Canadian/Australian/every other english speaking country's version, the non-english speakers recieve the american version.

There are basically 2 versions of English dub - original 4Kids and "KidsWB mod". The "mod" is KidsWB exclusive, while regular version is source for DVDs and dubs for all other countries. But sometimes it's unclear (i.e. Todd)

Anyway, i think edited animated version would be real challenge ;-)

No, the other countries get the KidsWB mod. At least Norway does, we've had the edited badge case for ages.

4Kids dubs the show and makes its initial edits, and this version is shown in the UK and Australia and maybe Canada (confirmation?). However, when the episodes get to the US, Kids' WB! reviews this version and, depending on the episode, may demand additional edits on top of the edits made in the version aired elsewhere in the world. These would include changing Snap's name to Todd, editing out the spanking scene in "The Song of Jigglypuff," cropping out Meowth's lighter in "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon," the badge case edit in the early Advance episodes, the wine glasses in "A Six Pack Attack," and Harley's skull-and-crossbones becoming a frowny face.

While you say that Norway gets the extra-edited version that airs on Kids' WB!, I can tell you that the UK and Australia and the rest of the world gets the initial, less-edited dub.

Well, at least, I can confirm that in German version of Advanced series, they have unedited Badge Case. But I'm not sure about Advanced Challenge series, since I didn't seen it in German language.

Dogasu said:
4Kids dubs the show and makes its initial edits, and this version is shown in the UK and Australia and maybe Canada (confirmation?). However, when the episodes get to the US, Kids' WB! reviews this version and, depending on the episode, may demand additional edits on top of the edits made in the version aired elsewhere in the world. These would include changing Snap's name to Todd, editing out the spanking scene in "The Song of Jigglypuff," cropping out Meowth's lighter in "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon," the badge case edit in the early Advance episodes, the wine glasses in "A Six Pack Attack," and Harley's skull-and-crossbones becoming a frowny face.

See, that's the odd thing about our dub. The photographer's name was Todd, the spanking scene was left in, the syringe scene from "A Chansey Operation" you forgot to mention was still there, I'm pretty sure the lighter was left in, the badge case has always been edited, and I have no idea what happened to the wine glasses, as I missed that episode (and the Harley episode hasn't aired here yet). We've only been recieving the KidsWB mod recently.

And I wonder how many calls WB got from people screaming "racism!" (snickers)

This here is proof that speaking up works, folks. I won't go into any more detail, lest I hijack this thread... just look at the sig, you'll get it.

But regarding the fantasy in "Date Expectations"- Am I the only one who thinks Donphan bowling would make for a killer minigame? Also, did anyone else notice that the art on the bowling alley is taken taken from "A Six Pack Attack"'s boss fantasy? I thought that was a nice touch, mainly because that scene rocked.

Let me just say one thing. Carole Weatherford is really really stupid. Here's what I mean. She whines and moans about Jynx after Kids WB airs "Holiday Hi-Jynx", however she's too stupid to realize about the scene from that ep where Jynx crushes Brock while trying to kiss him in one of the Pikachu's Jukebox videos. I don't remember which one, plus another mention: The Pokerap segment on Thursday as well. Jynx was the second Pokemon in that one, and she didn't realize about that one either.

"Holiday Hi-Jynx" was probably one of the few episodes she saw. I very seriously doubt she watched every episode and saw the character in all those Pikachu Jukebox videos.

TK, I'm sorry for OT, but I must said it. 'Till today I've seen only first four eps of 3rd seasone of Sonic X, and I'd like to seen the next eps without spoiler in your sig. Thank you and sorry for OT, but I must.

Well... that's kinda right. Unlike what we got for the last contest.

"It's May's turn for a Pokémon Battle..."

By the way, shouldn't this still be stickied in anime since Pacifidlog Jam airs on Kids WB in a few hours?

This is one of my favorite contests, purely for the May/Joshua/Erika thing. Is it just me or is May involved in so many love triangles? Erika thinking that Joshua and May had a thing going on was pretty funny.

At least Skitty didn't KO Houndoom, it just lowered its points.

May's "Leave me out of your problems!" line was awesome.

I liked the way she beat Jynx too, she had to go through Assist several times to get her Fire spin. This was perfect hype for the Grand Festival and Hoenn league, too bad KidsWB screwed up and didn't air these episodes when they were originally meant to air.

Scott85 said:
This is one of my favorite contests, purely for the May/Joshua/Erika thing. Is it just me or is May involved in so many love triangles? Erika thinking that Joshua and May had a thing going on was pretty funny.
Okay okay, let me think.... There's this one, of course. And... And... There were other ones?

Let's see, the love triangles May has been in....there's...

May/Joshua/Erika
May/Drew/Wakana
May/Drew/Ash
May/Drew/Harley
May/Kelly/Grumpig
May/Sid
May/Mr. Big
May/Freddy/Jessie
May/Savannah/Drew

And...that's off the top of my head. I guess with a girl as attractive as May walking around, the writers can't let her just walk around without getting attention from both sexes.

Last edited:
Scott85 said:
And...that's off the top of my head. I guess with a girl as attractive as May walking around, the writers can't let her just walk around without getting attention from both sexes.
Or maybe you're just a lunatic for May.

Yeah, I'll go with that one. I mean really... May/Kelly?

V Faction said:
Yeah, I'll go with that one. I mean really... May/Kelly?

minamoshipping.gif

The gif is fan-made, the scene is canon in the first Lilycove ep

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom