• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP22: A Full Course Tag Battle!

Kylie and Roman...now who's pwnd, Bulbapedia personages who said it COULDN'T BE! XD

Which doesn't change the fact they are completely different characters with different relations, different Pokemon and different Japanese names. I'm pretty sure that PUSA chose such names just because they wanted to say "Hello! We play games! We're better than 4Kids because we play Pokemon games as opposed to them!" or either, they simply spotted those trainers in the game and since they look similar, they decided to use their names.

Same dub names =/= Same characters.

Last edited:
Did Brock just call Ash "big boy"? o.o' What in the world. His crush on Ash just becomes more and more blatant. ;P

WHA-

How did I miss that? Ha, love it. XD

Like the half-ribbons being mentioned again. Just realized that Ash has momentos of most of his friends on him: that half of a broken Pokéball for Gary, one of Misty's lures, and that half ribbon.

Makes me wonder what Brock's would be, if they give him something as a memento or eventually did, when he leaves the gang. I'd hope they'd come up with something, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Was just a thought.

The whole concept of that restauraunt is a little dumb when you think about it. What self respecting business would turn away paying customers just because they can't win a Pokemon battle? What if the restauruant battlers happened to be so good that few other trainers could beat them? Maybe they charge money for even the chance to battle first.

The whole concept of that restauraunt is a little dumb when you think about it. What self respecting business would turn away paying customers just because they can't win a Pokemon battle? What if the restauruant battlers happened to be so good that few other trainers could beat them? Maybe they charge money for even the chance to battle first.

Maybe if it's a draw they have to pay. :lol:

Yet another good episode. May just plain rocks :)

lol at Brock called Ash "Big Man".

James may say there's enough food for everyone, but just where is his Mime Jr.?

Fat Team Rocket is always hilarious. :) Now we know how they'll sounds in a few months.

Haruka's theme seemed to be the only time the music got quiet. Very strange.

Next week the real fun begins. May being here isn't the only AG reference. We get a reminder of how just how awful Jessie can be at contests. :p

Was it only me or was Blaziken's voice completely off? It didn't sound like it did back in AG190/191 at all, when it sounded more or less as a copy of 4kid's Blaziken.

Also, its voice echoed quite a few times. annoying.

Blaziken may sound different, but the fur on it's crotch is still just as creepy!
150.jpg

Just saw it, but online. My, it was pretty funny to see May get so worked up over the food and TR's feeding frenzy.

Say, would anyone happen to have a full list of additional voices for this ep? The online vids never include the credits...

Blaziken may sound different, but the fur on it's crotch is still just as creepy!
150.jpg

It's always been like that. Even offical gameart is no different.

As for the episode itself, it wasn't terrible.

EDIT: Did Drifloon get a dub voice?

Last edited:
Loved Watashi, Makenai! No hope next episode since it's vocal. Oh well, great episode.

Did anyone notice "take the stage!" has been changed to "On stage!" (more like the Japanese version)?

Loved Watashi, Makenai! No hope next episode since it's vocal. Oh well, great episode.
They could just rip the instrumental version used in this episode. I mean, it's not going to happen - like, ever - but they've used Japanese bgm out of place before.

Which doesn't change the fact they are completely different characters with different relations, different Pokemon and different Japanese names. I'm pretty sure that PUSA chose such names just because they wanted to say "Hello! We play games! We're better than 4Kids because we play Pokemon games as opposed to them!" or either, they simply spotted those trainers in the game and since they look similar, they decided to use their names.

Same dub names =/= Same characters.
Obviously; I'm aware of that little bit. However, you said it wouldn't happen, absolutely sure they wouldn't be Roman and Kylie, and went out of the way to remove all the speculation that, despite the not-the-same-character bit, they wouldn't be thought of as such.

This should a mark a lesson: not everything is foolproof and absolute. Just saying.

episode review

This was a good episode, not as good as last week, but not bad.

It was good seeing May again, but I agree with PokemonTrainerLisa's sentiment on the matter.

The battles were quite underwhelming. We haven't seen a very good battle in a while (I don't count Pika and Goliath as it was short and interrupted).

The BGM was good. Lots of Japanese tracks. I liked that dub BGM at the beginning. However, they use lots of synthetic reverb on the dub bgm, which doesn't sound very good.

I thought May's obsession with food was VERY funny, especially since she's so thin. There was some humorous dialogue too. Brock's comment to Ash about being a "big guy" was a little awkward.

GRADE: B+

This episode wasn't too shabby by my view. I was rather contently surprised at how much of the original BGM was kept... the last time I heard some of those pieces was when watching the Indigo episodes, so it was rather pleasant and calming to the ears for me (not that being of one's own devices is a bad thing on all fronts). That aside, this episode wasn't bad. May seems more confident than before by nature, though I was quite shocked at how easily her ire was raised... unless I'm having a flub in recollection, I can't recall her that way at all before. Glaceon wasn't too bad either to me. But I don't think any one element was gratuitously used in this episode (but I suppose that kind of thing depends solely upon justification).

Team Rocket themselves didn't seem to be there for a reason but to be glutton. But as an overall, not a bad episode.

Last edited:
Well May has always loved food. Just think about the episodes The Garden of Eatin', Like a Meowth to a Flame, and Pasta La Vista.

Last edited:
Had she been the star of a Shojo anime, May would be obsessed with the latest fashions.

However, since she's in a mostly Shounen anime, she has to be obsessed with something that appeals to kids of both genders, which turns out to be good food.

I think it may be a trope of some kind.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom