• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP46: The Needs of the Three!

Cyanide Espeon, I don't no why you said that this episode was unforgiven which it is not and saying poor Hunter J which she is not really dead, stop making things out of facts because she could have made it out of the ship in time.

Umm, no, that isn't what I meant. I listen to the song a lot now because it suits J, not the episode.

Yeah! i understand what you are saying now and you or right it does suit her perfectly well.

Crazy yenmega, you don't have a damn right to say that you glad that she is dead hooray which is not a fact because she could she be alive and you need to stop acting stupid right about now, Hunter J most likely survived but her crew is dead for sure, that mirage guy is dead, but Hunter j is most likely alive and well some were and you guys need to stop making things out of facts when they are not true.

Cyanide Espeon, I don't no why you said that this episode was unforgiven which it is not and saying poor Hunter J which she is not really dead, stop making things out of facts because she could have made it out of the ship in time.

Powerful Starmie, your full of shit to say that think goodness of an excuse of a horribleperson which she never ever was in the first place and she is not really dead when she could have most likely made it out in time, the only horrible person here is you.

Somebody needs a hug...

It's not that the VA is doing a bad job, it's just that the voice doesn't fit the character at all. Gary Oak should not sound like Donald Duck on helium.

Gary is awesome. The fact that he's that awesome even though he was gifted by the genetic fairies with a high-pitched, nasal nerd-voice just adds to his utter awesomeness.

But come on, even just going by the episodes, Cynthia didn't really do much. Sure she was suspicious of Cyrus, but who wouldn't have been after that outburst? She likely would have been suspicious of Eusine as well after his similar shitfit, and Eusine's not up to anything evil.

First: LOL

Second: She might not have suspected Eusine, since his reaction had "petty snit" written all over it, while Cyrus had "thwarted meglomaniac" vibes. Cynthia seems to be a pretty decent judge of character.

And, not to get all "Queen Cynthia" about her, but her small amount of action doesn't take away from her heroism. "They also serve who stand and wait..." Being there, and being ready/willing/able to fight still counts, even if she wasn't in the position to make the most decisive move.

I officially hate Uxie and Mesprit in the anime. They took at least six lives just for the sake of their happiness. Uxie and Mesprit (in the anime) IMO, deserve the death penalty.

Hey, if J had been over land when the attack took effect, she'd have had a hard, but survivable, landing. I think it was just a case of bad luck/karmic backlash....and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

(Her minions were suicidally stupid for staying with her after she dropped their fellows to (almost) certain death in her debut ep. And their pokemon might have survived in their Pokeballs, to be fished out in the future.)

Somebody needs a hug...

This statement just never gets old.

Petty snit? Eusine challenged Ash to a duel for a claim to have *met* Suicune. At least the orbs were in actual danger, which makes Cyrus's rant more suiting to the situation at hand.

Petty snit? Eusine challenged Ash to a duel for a claim to have *met* Suicune.

Well, yes...that's what makes it a petty snit. (And what makes Eusine so much fun. ;-))

At least the orbs were in actual danger, which makes Cyrus's rant more suiting to the situation at hand.

See, if Eusine's shitfit <*snicker*> had been suited to the situation, I wouldn't call it a "snit." Cyrus had good reason to react, but his rage level was way too high and it was WAY too personal to be appropriate, which is what caught Cynthia's eye.

(Sure, Eusine had excess rage and took it too personally, but the sheer ridiculousness of what set him off made it over-the-top in a funny way, and Eusine could hardly go any farther without making himself look even sillier...whereas Cyrus's over-the-topness contained a clear threat that he could go even farther if he wanted to, in a scary way...and he gave definite "you're messing up MY plans" vibes.)

(One of my few literal LOL moments in the anime: "I'm SORRY if I seem so UPSET!" :lol:)

Last edited:
(One of my few literal LOL moments in the anime: "I'm SORRY if I seem so UPSET!" :lol:)

That whole scene made me lol... for the fact that the TRio had another evil team leader besides their own boss pwning them for their idiotic behavior (but I still wuvs them...).

Like what you said, I don't think Cynthia would have gotten suspicious over Eusine as she did with Cyrus... for one, Eusine isn't a bad guy. When I seen him in his first appearance, he didn't come off to me as a villain, but he came off to me as one of those jerkass, know-it-all people that annoy me so damn much. Cyrus, on the other hand, is somebody that most people would automatically get a bad vibe from spot-on.

Well, yes...that's what makes it a petty snit. (And what makes Eusine so much fun. ;-))

To me, a "snit" is more like how Clair won't give you the badge.

See, if Eusine's shitfit <*snicker*> had been suited to the situation, I wouldn't call it a "snit." Cyrus had good reason to react, but his rage level was way too high and it was WAY too personal to be appropriate, which is what caught Cynthia's eye.

(Sure, Eusine had excess rage and took it too personally, but the sheer ridiculousness of what set him off made it over-the-top in a funny way, and Eusine could hardly go any farther without making himself look even sillier...whereas Cyrus's over-the-topness contained a clear threat that he could go even farther if he wanted to, in a scary way...and he gave definite "you're messing up MY plans" vibes.)

They came off around the same level of bizarritude and personal impact to me. And Cyrus didn't almost backhand anybody either. Really all he did was scream and yell and point. He didn't even send out any pokemon (and we don't know if he even HAD any in the anime).

To me, a "snit" is more like how Clair won't give you the badge.

I'd call that a snit, too, I guess. Eusine's was just, like, a bigger snit. (I suspect Morty's "geez, chill out" reaction influenced me - if anyone had said anything to Cyrus with that sort of...casually exasperated acceptance...it would have taken the intensity of it down a few levels. Nothing breaks the mood of a big outburst like a roll-of-the-eyes type reaction from someone who knows the hothead well.)

Instead of "snit," I almost called Eusine's reaction a "conniption fit." Would that apply better, you think? (I just adore conniption fit. Such a bright, bouncy little phrase.... :p)

...and, I'm way off topic now. Dang.

Lemme just add my "all right!" for Brock getting to bond with Uxie. <cough'Bout timecough>

(And voice my terrible suspicion that Gary was included so prominently in this season because they originally thought to have HIM be Uxie's contact...but that's fine, because it shows that the legitimate complaints of Brock fans may actually have had an effect on the writers (again, lol) ...OR that the writers were just insightful enough to figure out that Brock needed more love.)

(Now if they'd just realize that Tracey and Brock would be a cute team-up for an episode sometime...or at least that they could both appear physically in the same location at the same time once more without the universe imploding.... :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom