• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP33: The Brockster Is In!

but it feels odd to see Brock get the penultimate episode over Dawn.

Why? the Dawn VS Zoey battle in the GF ep was Dawn's closure, the Ash VS Tobias battle in the League was Ash's Sinnoh journey closure and this ep was Brock's closure
Then the final ep focused on the trio as a whole going their separate ways
I really think that was the perfect way to do it

I felt that this episode didn't focus on Brock as much as I wanted it to; it did seem like a filler.

That's because excluding Happiny evolving which was really minor, if this ep took place anywhere else in DP but near the end, it would just be another, "Brock takes cares of sick Pokemon" ep, which we've seen a number of times before.

But since this is Brock's decision making episode, its fairly important. I do agree the scenes of Brock feeling helpless was the best part of the episode.

I felt Brock's personality was too subdued in DP (aside from the flirting scenes), where he didn't feel as much as his old Kanto/Johto/AG self, but this ep reminded me why Brock is a great character when used well.

Overall its nice to see the writers at least give Brock proper closure since he deserved it.

Pokemon Doctor isn't all that different from a Pokemon Breeder tbh; it's basically just a specialized branch of the latter. At least after 10+ years Brock is finally doing something specific, as compared to how he did a bit of, well, everything as a breeder. Cook/doctor/fashion designer/"mother"/battle strategist....was there anything the guy didn't do??

Have to admit, that scene with Brock talking to Nurse Joy was very emotional. Happiny evolving was forced but whatever. Also hey, Infernape and Buizel. Gonna miss seeing you guys in BW.

Oh, and not going to miss TR's dialogue. At all.

Wait, are you accusing me of something I actually NEVER do? That's rich. I'm actually one of the few people here who doesn't complain about those things. So stop pulling bullshit from nowhere.

Now you're accusing me of something I neither said nor insinuated ;) I just interpreted your post as if you wanted me to concentrate on the typical priorities of a review thread which usually are BGM, VAs etc.
Sorry, misunderstanding! But still, you could use your words (bullshit..) more carefully if you don't mind.

And if you want to talk about something, how about the fact that Team Rocket's submarine crashed into the ferry, at full speed, and yet the ferry didn't seem to sustain any damage at all.
Sure, why not? Nice topic.
However, I've got to tell you that the ferry did indeed sustain damage. Do you remember the smoke coming from the back of the ship right after the impact? And if I'm not mistaken, in one scene you could also see the ferry lying at anchor on the open sea, probably not just because of the sick Pokemon but also because the crew was fixing the damage.

Just watched this episode for a sixth time (lol) and I still can't get over it.
Saddest episode ever or at least on par with DP191.

Anyone realize this is the last time we'll ever see TR's Magikarp sub?

That thing has been around since the Orange Islands for goodness sakes.

Oh yeah, that's right! Just imagine them bringing that thing to Unova. Some random people would be like OH MY GOD A GIANT MAGIKARP and try to catch it! That would be a sight to see...

Oh yeah, that's right! Just imagine them bringing that thing to Unova. Some random people would be like OH MY GOD A GIANT MAGIKARP and try to catch it! That would be a sight to see...

It's kinda sad to see it go. Not only cause it feels like a part of Team Rocket is going with it, but because I always thought that thing was pretty badass.....

This'll probably be the last time we see James obsessed with bottle caps. =(

I'm glad that Brock got an epiosde centered around him before DP ends. I've always saw Brock being a Pokemon and he can still learn about breeding while being a doctor as well.

I think its cool how all the baby pokes protected Normajean n' Happiny's my bad Chansey/Lucky's new Soft Boiled attack n' that Brock/Takeshi will get to be round' Nurse Joy cause' he really looves her n besides bein' a Doctor n' Breeder can work he can kill two birds with one stone learnin' how to make Pokemon look good n' be strong while teachin' em' to be healthy n' energetic. I SERIOUSLY LOL'D AT BROCK/TAKESHI SAYIN' CHANSEY. I dont think I ever heard a male voice say Chansey boys voiced by females dont count. Im gonna miss him when BW starts havin' a more handy character. Im lookin' forward to the next ep n i think it was cool that Satoshi-Tachi/Ash n' Co. all went to Futaba/Twinleaf town together shows they still wanna b together kinda.
I feel bad Usohachi/Sudowoodo wasnt there guess it was just a Johto n' Sinnoh poke starin' ep.

Last edited:
Loved the game references, especially since the dub added Black and White.

Come on, many of you are acting as if the Pokemon would have DIED if Brock hadn't thrown that bottle cap overboard.
They would NOT have died and we all know that. Of course, we know that Pokemon don't die and if Brock hadn't had any medicine, the worst possible scenario would have been that the baby Pokemon would have had to suffer a little bit longer. Why so many think that somebody would have died sure is beyond me...

This isn't the games where Pokemon just "faint". Not to mention, the games are made that way for a reason. "Your Level 5 Caterpie took critical damage with Fire Blast. It's now DEAD. Abort game?"

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom