• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP18: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!

Sweet Veil

Bright Days
Reaction score
Last Time.
Ash, Iris, and Cilan all wait in amazement as Ash's egg is about to hatched! Soon Ash's egg hatches into a Scraggy! Scraggy is going around causing trouble! What will Ash, Iris, and Cilan do to win Scraggy's trust?

Ash, Iris, and Cilan on the way to Castelia City have made it to "Pinwheel Forest" they must journey through the forest to continue their journey. This forest is full of all types of different strange Pokemon, and strange people it seems! Will Ash, Iris, and Cilan make it out through the forest safely?!

DP43.jpg

Last edited:
What did the Bug Bite sound like? That is the most important thing! Did it sound cute? Did it keep the Japanese sound, or was a new sound created?

Dag, this Sewaddle is pretty good. Oh dear gosh, Burgh. But Ash used Pika to try to capture it, why...Oh, forget it, it's poke bonding time. Welcome the rotation to the dub.

Burgh had the perfect voice. Awesome scenery is awesome Iris. Speaking of Iris, her getting the team further lost was pretty funny. They kept Cheren's theme. Poor Cilan got regulated to the sidelines this ep, but oh well. He's got his own ep next. Looks like this is the most focus Patrats gonna get.

Oh Sewaddle, you caused so many arguments when you were first caught. Now people have people have moved onto more adult things, like arguing about Ash capturing Roggenrola...

I Haven't Seen This But
Ash Catching More Than 6 Pokemon Since Kanto=EPIC
Gym Leader 3 Lead-In=Gym Leaders Are EPIC!

This was a nice episode... Sewaddle's "Sewawa" at the end was really cute.

Lea-VAN-ny? I've been pronouncing it wrong the whole time.

Burgh was pretty cool. We got the fight between Iris and Cilan introduced in the Nacreme Museum episode.

Though the thing that annoyed me the most was how Ash could get hurt... by a bug. That just made no sense at all.

This episode wasn't as good as last week's episode, but it was still a nice one.

8.5 points out of 10

Well for today’s episodes:

It had some ups and downs as well as interesting things to think about. Some of the things that I didn’t care too much for Ash’s reaction to wanting to say “Hello” to Sweaddle not to quote Iris but he sounded too much like a kid.

Is it just me or are the flamboyant characters getting to be overly flamboyant in recent episodes?

My favorite line is the brief talk between Cilan and Burgh over lunch;

Cilan: “And for you a fresh fruit salad.”
Burgh: “How did you know that was my favorite?”
….and here is how it should have went
Cilan: “Well, it was just a hunch…”

Though I will say that showing his lack of inspiration shows that he cares about what he does which is perfect for his game character so I’ll give the writers props for that one.

Sewaddle's “Sewawawa” was too cute for words xD

To Ash; "You gotta stop jumping in taking attacks like that to save Pokemon. You mean well but still don't be stupid, Pikachu could have blocked Woobat's Air Slash with Thunderbolt or swooped up Sewaddle with Quick Attack!"

His Pidove could have had a "flying" chance of getting Sewaddle from that waterfall before it fell over.

You know they really need to make a video of all of the times Ash took Pokemon attacks instead of letting his Pokemon do the job and show them to his mother. I guarantee you that she won't let that 10 year old leave his room again until he's 11, and based on the fact that he's still 10 I don't think he'll be leaving that room for quite awhile.

So, it seems in Unova the Pokeballs are able to be carried by a trainer after catching 6 Pokemon instead of being transferred to the Professor’s lab so one must go to a Pokemon Center, leave a Pokemon at the lab in order for the Pokeball to work, a very interesting concept indeed.

Then hearing Burgh talk about greeting yourself to a Pokemon before trying to catch it, eh I don’t think I’ll employ that concept if I were a trainer. Especially if I were in Unova, where the wild Pokemon tend to be overly hostile.

Hello, Victreebel!! I know that you’re kind usually eats Pokemon as well as humans but I just wanted to say hi before I had a chance to catch you…AGGGHHHH!!! *I get eaten*

Yeah, I think I’ll stick to Gary’s philosophy of catch first and ask questions later.

Last edited:
This was a nice episode... Sewaddle's "Sewawa" at the end was really cute.

Lea-VAN-ny? I've been pronouncing it wrong the whole time.

Burgh was pretty cool. We got the fight between Iris and Cilan introduced in the Nacreme Museum episode.

Though the thing that annoyed me the most was how Ash could get hurt... by a bug. That just made no sense at all.

This episode wasn't as good as last week's episode, but it was still a nice one.

8.5 points out of 10

I don't see what you mean Sewaddle kicked the crap out of Ash and Tackled him.

I've been pronouncing it, "Lee-Uh-Vonny".

MOD NOTE - Starting next week, only mods will be allowed to start dub review threads. Please don't attempt to start one or it will be closed.

Continue on discussing the episode.

Good episode, although there are some strange parts to it:
1. Why didn't Ash's pokeball teleport when he got Sewaddle like it did when he captured Kingler? Are Unova pokeballs constructed differently or do the writers just like the idea of manuelly transporting pokeballs better?
2. Why did Ash send a pokemon to Juniper, doesn't he usually send the to Oak?
I'm probably being too persnicity, but still.

So it is pronounced Lea-van-ny? I have been pronouncing it right. I'm glad that a new voice actors is dubbing Burgh. I think that the Dub voice really suits him and Sewaddle's dub voice was a great addition also.

I liked Sewaddle's voice, but Burgh just didn't work for me. It's a shame they couldn't get the guy who played Tuxedo Mask in the Sailor Moon dub.

The episode itself was a fun adventure, and another reminder of why I love the series so much. It's always fun when we dive into the world that inhabits these creates because it makes them feel like real animals. I know following Pokemon around and see what they do in their natural habitat isn't always the most exciting thing in the world, but it's always a treat for me when they do.

My favorite part was when was Sewaddle (who is really cute) turned Ash into a giant string shot ball. XD

I enjoyed the episode. Sewaddle was super cute, and I liked Burgh.

Getting lost in forests seems to be Ash and co.'s favorite thing to do, in any season. Sleeping in the tree looked cool too, I wanted to try it out.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom