• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP35: Where Did You Go, Audino?

Wasn't it explained that Dr. Namba Zager wanted to use them to develop a new radar system?

Interestingly enough, the system would've been a sonar system, not a radar system. Neither the writers nor the translators picked up on that. :p

Does nobody notice the familiar voices for Doyle and Christie? Hello?

Ever since I was a child, I've always liked detective stories and I often devoured Sherlock Holmes books.
So, as you can easily imagine I was pretty content with this episode. Sure, they could have used Pokemon other than Audino because they somehow made the whole story appear a bit childish, but still, the plot itself was pretty entertaining and exciting.

I deliberately ignored the rivalry between Doyle and Christie (nice reference btw) because to me it was totally insignificant.

What did annoy me, however, was the fact that Officer Jenny, Ash and the others had to use those sophisticated tracking devices although they were just walking a few feet behind those Audino all the time. Later on the devices broke down, so what's the use of taking those devices with you anyway?? I'll tell you why: In our high-tech society full of smartphones, ipads, laptops and whatnot it seems to be an unwritten rule that the frequent use of electronics has to be shoved down innocent children's throats as well. It's so sad because by doing so, our society is going to breed "tech-zombies" sooner or later.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't want Pokemon to support this worrying development.

But after all my criticizing I also have a really important question: Does anybody happen to know who voices Unova Officer Jenny? I can't help thinkling that she resembles Cynthia, especially when talking in that bossy voice. Is it Emily Jenness? (It must be her!) That would be so awesome and would mean that a little bit of Cynthia is always present even in the B/W anime! :-D

What did annoy me, however, was the fact that Officer Jenny, Ash and the others had to use those sophisticated tracking devices although they were just walking a few feet behind those Audino all the time. Later on the devices broke down, so what's the use of taking those devices with you anyway?? I'll tell you why: In our high-tech society full of smartphones, ipads, laptops and whatnot it seems to be an unwritten rule that the frequent use of electronics has to be shoved down innocent children's throats as well. It's so sad because by doing so, our society is going to breed "tech-zombies" sooner or later.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't want Pokemon to support this worrying development.
Good point! What if all this was stealth satire on relying on technology?

My biggest comment on this episode is the apparent complete dependence on the tracker devices. "Oh no our signals breaking up! We're going to lose the Audino! They're like ten feet in front of us! What are we going to do?!"

WAIT! I have an idea! Now this might sound crazy but just hear me out. What if....we just...follow them? Hmmm?
Hmmmm?

Last edited:
Ever since I was a child, I've always liked detective stories and I often devoured Sherlock Holmes books.
So, as you can easily imagine I was pretty content with this episode. Sure, they could have used Pokemon other than Audino because they somehow made the whole story appear a bit childish, but still, the plot itself was pretty entertaining and exciting.

I deliberately ignored the rivalry between Doyle and Christie (nice reference btw) because to me it was totally insignificant.

But after all my criticizing I also have a really important question: Does anybody happen to know who voices Unova Officer Jenny? I can't help thinkling that she resembles Cynthia, especially when talking in that bossy voice. Is it Emily Jenness? (It must be her!) That would be so awesome and would mean that a little bit of Cynthia is always present even in the B/W anime! :-D
Unova Officer Jenny is Emily Jenness.

FUNimation doesn't even use the title Detective Conan. There's no way in hell TPCI would be able to get away with something like that.

They should name Luke Conan. Luke's voice actor does the voice for Conan so it would be logical to get Conan's English voice actor(who hasn't voice acted for the English dub for over 2 years). At least call Luke Conan.

Boy, this eppy was a sleeper. If you want the boringest filler you've ever seen, here it is

0/100

Audino look so awkward in the anime to me. Anyway, the whole rivalry between Doyle and Christie was stupid. I laughed when Officer Jenny put them in their place by saying that Roggenrola was the most helpful pokemon. The TRio battle was pretty good, and their motto was the best one done in the series so far IMO.

Yeah! Did anyone else notice?

According to Bulbapedia, Doyle was voiced by Leah Clark, and Christie was voiced by Carrie Savage. However, the official credits list Khristine Hvam, Emily Jenness, Lisa Ortiz, Ed Paul, Erica Schroeder and Tom Wayland as doing additional voices. I'm not sure who's correct.

Last edited:
According to Bulbapedia, Doyle was voiced by Leah Clark, and Christie was voiced by Carrie Savage.

Judging by their voices, Leah Clark voices Fuyuki Hinata from SGT Frog and Carrie Savage voices Shammy from Super Dimensional Fortress Macross.

"Where's Audino? Where's Audino?.....I'm not kidding, I can't see, my scleras have detatched again."
*Ash and Iris laugh at his misfortune*
*Bel steps in* "He's as blind as a Woobat!"

Mm. As I said when it first aired in japan, this episode really should have been something special. Given how well they handled the wacky antics when he ISN'T part of the actual plot, you'd figure they'd be able to take an episode about Dent being a detective and run with it. I'm still not entirely sure how things wound up the way they did.

Last edited:
Prior to what was said earlier, users do not need to give reasons for why they liked or disliked an episode.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom