• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Sandshrew vs Drilbur

Dark Master Draya

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
i always put them together so out of Drilbur and Sandshrew wich is your favourite... the original or the newbie

drilbur.png
VS.
027Sandshrew.png

which is cutest???
which would win???
which is most memorable???
which has the better evolution???
which is your favourite???

Last edited:
Drilbur, because of Excadrill; it looks so badass.

Oh, and I should point out: both families are the only Pokes capable of having Sand Rush.

Drilbur, because it and Excadrill learn AMAZING moves. Sorry, Sandshrew, Fury Cutter isn't my thing.

Drilbur is cuter than Sandshrew and Excadrill is WAY more badass than Sandslash. My Excadrill, Slate, is the strongest member of my team. He was a Drilbur for only one level before evolving... I wish I'd caught one earlier in the game because it's so adorable. I even have a little Drilbur plushie hanging from my lamp in my studio! :crush:

So yeah. Big Drilbur fan here, it's easy to cast my vote for him. :)

EDIT:
TFSpock, the link on your sig made me jump five feet in the air. I had the volume maxed out. :bash:

[sub](...Also I'm at work.)[/sub]

I choose Drillbur becase Excadrill looks better than Sandslash.

I like both of the cute little ground mammals, but Excadrill is WAY better than Sandslash. Even though Sandslash was my second shiny I caught.

Last edited:
While I do love both of them, and they're both adorable, I have to go with Sandshrew. I think it's just cute, and when it evolves into Sandslash, it's got the cute, yet, ferocious look about it. :3

While I do love both of them, and they're both adorable, I have to go with Sandshrew. I think it's just cute, and when it evolves into Sandslash, it's got the cute, yet, ferocious look about it. :3

i agree

come on people... show some love for the shrew-dawg

Drillbur.
You see, Excadrill turns into a drill that shall pierce the heavens!
Kicking reason to the curb and going beyond the impossible, that's how Drilbur and Excadrill roll!

I was going to vote for Sandshrew, but I have to vote for Drillbur now.

Which is cutest?- Sandshrew
Which would win?- Drillbur
Which is most memorable?- Drillbur, mostly because it has a more interesting way it enters battle.
Which has the better evolution?- Excadrill, he has MUCH better stats than Sandslash.
Which is your favourite?- Drillbur. I never chose Sandshrew in Gen 1 anyways, I always picked Geodude.

I like sandshrew, since it's just cute.
I've used it on platinum walkthrough (traded it for my starter)
and booooooy...With proper help, Sandslash is just a BEAST!
...And so was S.Shrew before he evolved.

Yeah...It's cute.
Drillbur looks bit too...Stoned...

Which one would win a fight...I would say Sandshrew.
Drillbur is more than lot faster, but Sandshrew has more bulkness...
I guess it might survive a two hits and then KO paper thin Drillbur.
Not really sure though...My Drillbur seems to faint too often, so...

More memorable? Definitely Shrew.
Gen I, cool anime appearances etc. etc.
I just like it's appearance more.

Better evo? I'd say it goes to Drillbur for a change.
Heck...Sanshlash is still slower than drillbur...
Things that help Excadrill are definitely his steel typing and SPD/ATK stats.
STAB critical hit Drill Run also rises it's points a lot.
Sanshlash does get the Night Slash, but...Not helpful enough.

Drillbur/Excadrill also wins with abilities.
Heck, all three of them are highly usable.
Sand Rush? It has lot power and now it's on rampage! O_O
Sand Force? Give it a life orb and it literally buries it's enemies.
Mold Breaker? What did we talk about STAB EQ or Drill Run? Now there's no way to escape it.
And what does Sandslash get...Sand Veil...Helpful, but you just don't feel safe enough...
Sand Rush? It helps it a lot. A LOT...! But it's still not unbeatable...

In conclusion, Sandshrew wins this one on me.
It's just too cute while still being too deadly.
Only things it lacks are Drillbur abilities and Drill Run.

which has the better evolution??? Sandshrew --> Sandslash. I use Sandslash a lot in Sapphire version.

Which is cutest? Sandshrew
Which would win? Drillbur
Which is most memorable? Drillbur
Which has the better evolution? Drillbur
Which is your favourite? Drillbur

I choose Drillbur. It evolves into Excadrill(who is awsome) & I like Excdrill's moves more than Sandslash's.

Has to be Drillbur. A few months before I heard news of Black & White, I was doodling on my science book, not exactly caring what I was drawing. It was a pokémon that I had always been surprised hadn't been created yet; a mole who berried underground like a drill. Honestly it looked exactly like Dirllbur, so much that I compared the two after Drillbur had been revealed to the public. I had also doodled an evolution, who gained the secondary type steel, although he looked nothing like Excadril.

I love drillbur, such an odd little Pokemon- it looks so cute and happy, has claws that look feathery when it`s still but like deadly blades when they`re moving, and is one of the smallest Pokemon in existence. Plus, Excadrill is one BAMF. Drillbur easily wins over plain-looking Sandshrew.

Let's go Drilbur! It looks so happy :)
Moles with drill claws are coolio.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom