• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So I'm back with more Mystery Dungeon questions. For a quick re-cap, I got my first egg right before Dusknoir took me and my partner to the future, so there are a few questions related to that.

1) How long will it take for me to get back to the present so I can check on my egg?
2) Can it hatch into anything? Or are there only specific Pokemon it can hatch into?
3) How long does it take to hatch?
4) I think I might have found a glitched mission. It's in Mt. Bristle, and I have to deliver a Scanner Orb to Anorith. But every time I attempt the mission, I find Anorith, but I can never find the scanner orb, thus causing me to fail the mission because the item is never there. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

In Generation V, is it possible to gain/reduce EVs after reaching level 100?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So I'm back with more Mystery Dungeon questions. For a quick re-cap, I got my first egg right before Dusknoir took me and my partner to the future, so there are a few questions related to that.

1) How long will it take for me to get back to the present so I can check on my egg?
2) Can it hatch into anything? Or are there only specific Pokemon it can hatch into?
3) How long does it take to hatch?
4) I think I might have found a glitched mission. It's in Mt. Bristle, and I have to deliver a Scanner Orb to Anorith. But every time I attempt the mission, I find Anorith, but I can never find the scanner orb, thus causing me to fail the mission because the item is never there. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

1) The arc in the future doesn't take too long. You should be able to go check on it again soon.
2) I believe any Pokémon that could normally come out of an egg could come from that egg.
3) Usually a few in-game days/dungeon runs.
4) For those types of missions where you have to deliver an item to someone in a dungeon, there's no guarantee that you'll find one in the dungeon. You have to bring one from your inventory. There are other missions that involve an item that will be picked up on the floor of the dungeon, but they are usually named something like "Find _____".

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

In Generation V, is it possible to gain/reduce EVs after reaching level 100?

Yes, Gen V was the first generation that allowed for this. Stats are recalculated after each battle.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So I've encountered Zapdos a few times now, and it should be in the Sea Spirits Den soon. However, I was curious - is it possible to soft reset to find a shiny Zapdos once you get it in the den, or is it impossible since every time you've encountered it and it wasn't shiny?

Probably not, as it would make little sense. xP

I need some help again. I ran out of honey trying to make a Taillow horde appear, so anyone know where I can find more? Bulbapedia didn't say when I looked it up.

Probably not, as it would make little sense. xP

I need some help again. I ran out of honey trying to make a Taillow horde appear, so anyone know where I can find more? Bulbapedia didn't say when I looked it up.

Route 12, Route 18 (it reappears on this route sometimes), Route 4, Route 5, and Pokemon Village are the known locations that Honey can be found in.

Route 12, Route 18 (it reappears on this route sometimes), Route 4, Route 5, and Pokemon Village are the known locations that Honey can be found in.

I've gotten all the Honey from there. I had 8 Honeys when I started, 7 after using one to get a Wingull horde. Can't you buy any? You should, since we were able to in past games. :/

I've gotten all the Honey from there. I had 8 Honeys when I started, 7 after using one to get a Wingull horde. Can't you buy any? You should, since we were able to in past games. :/

It appears that in X/Y it's only a finding item, one that Honey Gather can find, and held by Combee.

Have you tried using Sweet Scent?

Last edited:

Hoardes can also be found using Sweet Scent outside battle.

It appears that in X/Y it's only a finding item, one that Honey Gather can find, and held by Combee.

Well, that's stupid after all the times you were able to buy Honey. :/

And no, but I have no choice now.

@Shiny Celebi;: I'm aware. I just didn't want to go to the trouble of teaching a Pokemon Sweet Scent if I could just go buy more Honey somewhere.

Well, that's stupid after all the times you were able to buy Honey. :/

And no, but I have no choice now.

@Shiny Celebi;: I'm aware. I just didn't want to go to the trouble of teaching a Pokemon Sweet Scent if I could just go buy more Honey somewhere.

Combee and Teddiursa (hidden ability) can have the ability Honey Gather, so you can get more honey from either of them if you have them. That being said, Combee has Sweet Scent as well, so it renders the point moot on that front.

Combee and Teddiursa (hidden ability) can have the ability Honey Gather, so you can get more honey from either of them if you have them. That being said, Combee has Sweet Scent as well, so it renders the point moot on that front.

I see. I'll remember this when I catch a Combee.

Where on Victory Road can i find the pokemon that swoop from the sky? I'm trying to find Fearow and Skarmory for my pokedex, but i don't see any aerial ambushes or anything.

Where on Victory Road can i find the pokemon that swoop from the sky? I'm trying to find Fearow and Skarmory for my pokedex, but i don't see any aerial ambushes or anything.

They appear in the outside areas, there are shadows that suddenly appear and you'll hear wings flapping if you are close to it.

The first outside area after the first cave seems to have them appear most often. At least by my experience. The trees on the right just past the bridge are a common spot to see the shadow. It only appears there once per trip in-out of the cave, so you'd have to re-enter the cave and exit again for the shadow to appear again.

Need help getting a Destiny Knot!

Hi everyone. A while ago, I sold my only Destiny Knot, not knowing its new usefulness in breeding in X/Y. Now I'm trying to get another one. The one given by the maid in Hotel Cyllage was the one I sold, but I read that you can get them from beating Beauty Aimee in Lumiose City. One problem: I cant find her!

Serebii and numerous other websites say that she's in Vert Plaza, but she's not there. Is there a certain time of day she appears? So far I've only checked night-time.

Please, any hints or tips will be useful!

Re: Need help getting a Destiny Knot!

As far as I know, the time of day doesn't matter. You just have to run through the narrow alleys in Lumiose and talk with every character you see. That way, you'll meet her eventually. You probably know this already, but a beauty's overworld sprite wears a black top, blue jeans and has brown hair in a ponytail.

Good luck, and I hope you'll find her now!

How do you increase your style? I can't seem to enter this shop or cafe or whatever.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom