• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

What does this 'spose to mean?

Reckless would be bittersweet for Emboar. While the increase in power would be useful to 2HKO Gligar, the increased recoil from Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and Head Smash would be border-line suicidal.

What does this 'spose to mean?

It means Reckless is both good and bad. The power increase is good for Emboar allowing it to kill its counters easier, but the recoil from the moves is bad and will cause it to die faster.

It means Reckless is both good and bad. The power increase is good for Emboar allowing it to kill its counters easier, but the recoil from the moves is bad and will cause it to die faster.
Oh kay, thank you.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is Grass Knot still affected by type match-ups? I know its base power is affected by the target's weight, but would a type resistance still reduce the amount of damage taken?

I know this is a dumb question...I'm just having a brain fart right now orz.

Is Grass Knot still affected by type match-ups? I know its base power is affected by the target's weight, but would a type resistance still reduce the amount of damage taken?

I know this is a dumb question...I'm just having a brain fart right now orz.

Yep, all type match-ups still apply. For fun, use it on Groudon.

If I use spikes, then toxic spixes, do the effects stack? Or, for another example, if there was stealth rock, spikes and toxic spikes in play, would they all take effect?

What do you recommend I take with me for my first run through the Unova E4? Are my Pokemon restored before I battle N, or should I bring a lot of restorative items?

If I use spikes, then toxic spixes, do the effects stack? Or, for another example, if there was stealth rock, spikes and toxic spikes in play, would they all take effect?
Yes, they would all take effect. So Stealth Rock and Spikes would damage the opponent along with Toxic Spikes Poisoning or Badly Poisoning the opponent. Of course you need to throw them out there first. (I mean use it.)
What do you recommend I take with me for my first run through the Unova E4? Are my Pokemon restored before I battle N, or should I bring a lot of restorative items?
Well, what are your main Pokemon? But yes, your Pokemon are restored before you battle N, but I'm not sure about Ghetisis.

@farewell, friend: They are fully healed for Ghetsis as well. Try and have a diverse team full of as many types possible. Try and bring Dark, Flying or Psychic, as well as Fighting types, and make sure they're around level 50 and you'll breeze through them.

As of right now, it's just my Klinklang (Lv. 55) and Stoutland (Lv. 50). I just beat the Opelucid gym leader today, and I only battled one trainer on Route 10.

Being a pure Steel type, Klinklang is resistant to a lot of things, and Stoutland has high Attack and nice Defenses, but his move-set is a little eh (Retaliate, Rock Smash, Work Up, Crunch).

Thanks for the quick responses, guys! I appreciate it :-D

As of right now, it's just my Klinklang (Lv. 55) and Stoutland (Lv. 50). I just beat the Opelucid gym leader today, and I only battled one trainer on Route 10.

Being a pure Steel type, Klinklang is resistant to a lot of things, and Stoutland has high Attack and nice Defenses, but his move-set is a little eh (Retaliate, Rock Smash, Work Up, Crunch).

Bring along a psychic, dark and possibly a ghost type with you as well with the two you have. Psychic, dark, ghost and fighting are the elite 4 types. You may get into trouble in the fighting elite 4 member with those 2 you have. Careful if you decide bring flying with you to the elite 4 because all the fighting type elite 4 member knows stone edge (one has rock slide I think though) plus random pokes from the other 3 know thunderbolt and ice beam.

Keep the Restiram/Zekrom. You catch it before you battle N, so yeah. Both of your Pokemon look good, but I mean your main team, like the ones you useally use in the game?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I think my game might be messed up.

Can an Egg get Pokerus if your other Pokemon have Pokerus? 'Cause my Egg has Pokerus, and I don't like the looks of it. This is an urgent question, I just noticed it.

Last edited:

You may of seen me blog about this a phew times (Pokemon masters advice Pt.1, Pt.2 and Pt3). Now i am very, very new to Ev training. i want to make a competitive team on Pbr.

so i bred a Medicham with a Hitmonchan so i could get thunder punch, fire pucnh and ice punch. i started to ev train immediately

at the start i was getting evs as high as 5. but now i kill 60 or 70 and only get 1 or 2 evs. its level 34 keep in mind and its holding that power bracer thingo.

I also cant feed it any protein. i havent fed it anything. it keeps saying it wont effect this pokemon. maybe because its Evs for attack are maxed but havent kicked in.

Am i doing it right? im kinda worried that it wont kick in before lv 50.

You may of seen me blog about this a phew times (Pokemon masters advice Pt.1, Pt.2 and Pt3). Now i am very, very new to Ev training. i want to make a competitive team on Pbr.

so i bred a Medicham with a Hitmonchan so i could get thunder punch, fire pucnh and ice punch. i started to ev train immediately

at the start i was getting evs as high as 5. but now i kill 60 or 70 and only get 1 or 2 evs. its level 34 keep in mind and its holding that power bracer thingo.

I also cant feed it any protein. i havent fed it anything. it keeps saying it wont effect this pokemon. maybe because its Evs for attack are maxed but havent kicked in.

Am i doing it right? im kinda worried that it wont kick in before lv 50.

Those aren't EV's, those are just the stat increases. They vary per level & pokemon and will always kick totally at Level 100. Proteins and other items like it only work for the first 100 EV's. Have you been keeping track of the EV"s you've been getting.

Can an Egg get Pokerus before you hatch if your other Pokemon have Pokerus? 'Cause my Egg has Pokerus, and I don't like the looks of it.

Can an Egg get Pokerus before you hatch if your other Pokemon have Pokerus? 'Cause my Egg has Pokerus, and I don't like the looks of it.

Don't worry, they can get it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom