• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So who's gotten pokerus before

In my Platinum game, a Girafarig I battled gave it to me (I thiiink)

Can't believe what happened to me.

Some days ago I complained about having never obtained Pokérus. Well, today I found an old and forgotten Sapphire game in which I just had beaten E4. I checked it and SURPRISE! My whole main team had Pokérus... still active. After God knows how many years. And I didn't notice at that moment, despite I knew already about Pokérus when I played that game.

ASAP I palparked my Pokémon to Platinum, so now I'm spreading into my Platinum team. Next time I see a friend with a DS I'm gonna Pokétransfer to White.

I got it in Pearl version from a bred Mudkip. I gave the virus to the pokémon in my parties Pearl, Platinum and Soul Silver and the virus is still active on the Mudkip, which is now a Swampert, because it is stored in a pc box.

I caught a Tangela in the Great Marsh that had it, I'm so glad I caught it :)

My friend gave me a Pokemon that had it. Later on I got it in an old Saphire game, w00t!

My Blaziken from ruby. Luckily I spread this to my Pokemon diamond, let all the virus breed, trade to HG latch onto my team, transfer to my pokemon White, and now all my teams in all my games have Pokerus.

I've found Pokerus twice, woohoo!

First time: Sapphire after playing for about a month. I was in Ever Grande the first time I noticed that my Pokemon (Sceptile? Aggron?) had Pokerus.

Second time: Pearl after playing for several hours. I was in Sandgem when I noticed that my Shinx had Pokerus.

Once I caught PokeRus in Pokemon Gold. No idea how and I was like 11 years old. But there was something unusual about it.

PokeRus appeared when I left my game off for weeks or months. I checked the doctor and she said that I had PokeRus. I was shocked. And for a real reason.

On my PC, all my Pokemon turned into slowpokes! It was a nightmare because everyone of them had PokeRus! The attacks were also random. I remember that it had double rock throw, some sort of air attack and surfer.

Sadly, my dad fucking sold my Nintendo 64 including Pokemon Stadium I & II. I never knew it would be of such a value to show you guys nowadays.

My pokemon got it once in Ruby or Emerald (i forget, i was younger :p) and when I was talking to Nurse Joy when she said it was a virus i like freaked out cause it was one of my favorite pokemon i think but then she said what it did and i was all like.. "sweeeeeet." lol

I've only ever gotten it via GTS. But once I get a Pokerus infected 'Mon, I spread the infection so I can keep it around. I have two boxes full of Pokerus-infected shinies that I can send over and on Black, I have 8-10. But I've never encountered it in the wild. Just not that lucky, I guess, but having gotten it via such other means, I suppose it doesn't matter much.

I remember I got it on either my Sapphire or Ruby version. I was horrified, I had no idea what it was, I thought they were permanently poisoned or something. When I went to the Poke Center, I just started clicking away like I always do because I get so bored reading the same thing Nurse Joy says over and over again. It wasn't until she was almost done talking about Pokerus that I realized what was going on, but when I talked to her again, she didn't mention it. I was so pissed. I still had no idea what this thing was :-|
It wasn't until a while ago that I read something about it and realized it was a good thing :XD2:

My brother got it on Sapphire, and he continues to use the same 'strain' of the virus for EV training in genV. :)

I only got it from intentionally receiving a traded pokemon with the pokerus. Totally worth it.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom