• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So who's gotten pokerus before

My piplup got it back then I had no idea what it was and was freaking out cause i thought my pokemon was dying also when i talked to nurse Joy I didn't realize she was saying something important about it, I was so relived at the time when it was cured but facepalming later when I realized it was a good thing.

I got it before in Silver but didn't know what it was. Later in Soul Silver I got it again but it was on a Pokemon I didn't like.

I got it before in Silver but didn't know what it was. Later in Soul Silver I got it again but it was on a Pokemon I didn't like.

You do know you can "spread" it to your other pokemon, right?

I kept getting Pokerus and I first thought it was a bad thing. But I didn't care.. Somehow I got pokerus often

Obviously, whoever said the chances of getting Pokerus is 1 in 37000 is wrong, considering that there are so many people who have it. I've had more random encounters of Pokerus Pokemon than Shiny Pokemon, and I think that many other people would agree with that as well.

At first, I didn't realize what it was, and just thought it was something that you could get, like those green crowns or whatever they're called. Luckily, I stored a pokemon with it and found out about it's true use later.

I've never gotten Pokerus on any of my games, though I've gotten around five random encounter shinies. When I was browsing through my brother's Diamond, though, I saw the smiley face on his Pokemon. He said he didn't know what it was. Damn. He could have traded me a Pokemon while it still had the strain.

- Kat

Obviously, whoever said the chances of getting Pokerus is 1 in 37000 is wrong, considering that there are so many people who have it.

Considering how many pokemon fans there are on Bulbagarden and considering the fact that I bet almost all of us have battled at least 37K pokemon, it's unsurprising that there are so many people.

I've had more random encounters of Pokerus Pokemon than Shiny Pokemon, and I think that many other people would agree with that as well.

The chances of that happening are not too bad, considering how hard it is to get a shiny pokemon as well.

Considering how many pokemon fans there are on Bulbagarden and considering the fact that I bet almost all of us have battled at least 37K pokemon, it's unsurprising that there are so many people.

The chances of that happening are not too bad, considering how hard it is to get a shiny pokemon as well.

I agree with you on that, but there are less people with shiny pokemon than there are people with Pokerus.

I've only encountered two shiny pokemon randomly, but I've encountered many more random pokemon with Pokerus. It still might be true for everyone else, but for me, I can't really believe that statistic due to my luck.

Obviously, whoever said the chances of getting Pokerus is 1 in 37000 is wrong, considering that there are so many people who have it. I've had more random encounters of Pokerus Pokemon than Shiny Pokemon, and I think that many other people would agree with that as well.

At first, I didn't realize what it was, and just thought it was something that you could get, like those green crowns or whatever they're called. Luckily, I stored a pokemon with it and found out about it's true use later.

the numbers weren't just plucked out the air dude - hackers find out stuff like that

also fwiw i've had many random shinies but only 1 case of pokerus

I got Pokerus for the first time last week! I was on Wi-Fi for the first time with Black and got a Zorua off the GTS. And it had it!

I have infected Pokémon in SoulSilver from a wireless trade, so I knew that I was going to receive an infected Pokémon. I also got Pokérus in White from a random encounter in Route 5. I think it was a Trubbish, but I didn't realise that I got Pokérus until I had gone to the Pkmn Center.

I'm glad that I didn't EV train before knowing about Pokérus and the EV items, or else I would have spent a lot of time doing so (still, I don't have the Battle Frontier's items, so I have to spend some time EV training).

I got Pokerus once in HGSS. A Squirtle of mine had been infected by it while it was in my party and had started to spread it to my team, pretty good I must say. I don't know when exactly it happened though, I just remember noticing it while I was at the Safari Zone.

I've gotten it twice.

The first time was when I was shiny hunting in Diamond. I took my Turtwig to the Pokémon Centre and was told it had contracted Pokérus. Two years later, the same thing happened with my Chikorita in SoulSilver.

I got it in platinum, and got it again near the start of my black game. Very nice having pokerussed pokemon from near the beginning of the game.

I just got Pokerus for the second time, in my White game. I went to heal my Pokemon and I said to myself, "Wouldn't it be weird if I got Pokerus right now?" Then Nurse Joy said my Pokemon were infected with Pokerus. Crazy stuff.

I usually get Pokerus all the time from trading, but I got my first pokerus in game in my pokemon black.
It's funny because it got infected first on my lvl 100 Typhlosion.

I was like, what's the use having pokerus on a level 100 pokemon?
Oh well, gotta infect all of my other pokemon. >:3

I usually get Pokerus all the time from trading, but I got my first pokerus in game in my pokemon black.
It's funny because it got infected first on my lvl 100 Typhlosion.

I was like, what's the use having pokerus on a level 100 pokemon?
Oh well, gotta infect all of my other pokemon. >:3

Lv 100 can gain points now due to the fact that EVs are allocated immediately following a battle.

I went to heal my Pokemon and I said to myself, "Wouldn't it be weird if I got Pokerus right now?" Then Nurse Joy said my Pokemon were infected with Pokerus. Crazy stuff.

That's similar to what happened when I caught my Shiny Geodude. I had one Poke Ball left, and I thought, "Wouldn't it suck if I used it and then saw a Shiny?" Then immediately after that thought, SHINY GEODUDE! :D My second random encounter Shiny, caught about a week or two after catching my first Shiny, a Zubat in Platinum!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom