• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter discussion/speculation

Rowlet, Litten or Popplio?

• Total voters
pure fire I could handle if it gets type change via mega, but I rather like when final stage is already dual typed, then its more interesting.

pure fire I could handle if it gets type change via mega, but I rather like when final stage is already dual typed, then its more interesting.
I actually kinda like it when a type changes upon Mega Evolution, if the 'mon is viable both before and after Mega Evolution, then it will allow the same Pokemon to be used in different way depending on whether you want it to Mega in that team or not. It'll keep your opponent guessing as to what kind of strategy you're using with that 'mon even after they know you're using it. (This effect is also created when a Pokemon's stat focus changes upon Mega Evolution).

They seem to be very aware of both fan feedback (of previous games/the franchise) and fan reactions with SM, so I honestly can't see us getting another Fire/Fighting starter if they're as attuned as they seem to be this time.
I hope they go an interesting route and troll Fire/Fighting by being Fire/Ghost.

Also since they're copying Yokai Watch so much, having a fiery nekomata wouldn't be that bad

I know that this thread hasn't been active in a long time, but it is funny looking back at our opinions of when we thought that Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina were all fake.

Today I saw see a link on YouTube's homepage labeled "final evolutions revealed" for the Sun and Moon starters. There was an image attached but I don't remember what it looked like.

Welp, that's it then, gotta go full blackout now. See you guys in four weeks.

Circle Throw anyone? Yes a Wrestling cat, hope it gets also a bullet/ball based priority fire type move.

weak to Fighting

why weak? we dont even know how fast it wil be, if its faster then 70% of all fighting types then we could live with it. At tle looks , much faster then Emboar and Blaziken, and slower then Delphox but faster then Charizard(learn fighting move).

If it learns Fake Out, Power up punch and Flame charge.
maybe it gets nice flying type moves, including: Bounce, Flying Prees?
Poison Jab? Dragon claw? Psycho Cut?
maybe we will get a physical fairy claw based move?

...because it's part Dark type. Just like it's weak to Rock, Ground, and Water as well.
I know but we dont know its ability, maybe one its weaknes will go way. Like fighting or water(tigers swim!!!).

I know but we dont know its ability, maybe one its weaknes will go way. Like fighting or water(tigers swim!!!).

It's ability is Blaze, like every other Fire Starter.

If you're talking about its HA...At present, there is no ability that gets rid of Fighting or Water weaknesses (none that make sense for Incineroar anyway.) Ditto Ground and Rock. I doubt it'll get Water Absorb or Levitate. They could make a new one, but it's unlikely that they'll make an ability that just happens to fulfill this particular very specific niche of Incineroar. It's twice as unlikely he'll even get such an ability at all even if it existed.

It's ability is Blaze, like every other Fire Starter.

If you're talking about its HA...At present, there is no ability that gets rid of Fighting or Water weaknesses (none that make sense for Incineroar anyway.) Ditto Ground and Rock. I doubt it'll get Water Absorb or Levitate. They could make a new one, but it's unlikely that they'll make an ability that just happens to fulfill this particular very specific niche of Incineroar. It's twice as unlikely he'll even get such an ability at all even if it existed.
we never know what could hapen, Leviate not likely, but if you remember Greninja and the drawings of Ash having Incerior , there is a chance it may get something great.
Water Absorb? Emboar learned Scald, it would be the most probable candidate for that or for Storm Drain.

Primarina
I love her. She looks really cute.
And her signatur attack looks also cool , just healing burns is weird.

Water/Fairy that thing will be bulky , I swear.
Serene Grace would be awesome.

We do know its ability. It's Blaze.

But you're right-it may receive a Hidden Ability that nullifies or reduces one of its weaknesses. However, that information isn't out yet. Given what currently is out though, the reality is that it does have a weakness to Fighting. And with that, we're back to my original comment of how that is like an oxymoron.

Last edited:
Not sure what hidden ability the final evolution of Rowlet would have. Mummy or Cursed Body?

Judging by Gen VI's starters, they'll probably get HAs that debut in the same gen. I'm really hoping that Primarina gets Dazzling or Queenly Majesty so she can wall Talonflame.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom