• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

For the love of god please change the stat colors back to the way they used to be. I've created an account just to voice this complaint and I'm suprised that it wasn't brought up yet. It's unnerving and as far as I can tell there is no canonically reasoning for this change. Red will always be HP. Orange will always be Attack. Yellow will always be Defense. Blue will always be Sp.Attack. Green will always be Sp.Def. Pink will always be Speed. Do not let them psyop and gaslight you into remembering otherwise.

For the love of god please change the stat colors back to the way they used to be. I've created an account just to voice this complaint and I'm suprised that it wasn't brought up yet. It's unnerving and as far as I can tell there is no canonically reasoning for this change. Red will always be HP. Orange will always be Attack. Yellow will always be Defense. Blue will always be Sp.Attack. Green will always be Sp.Def. Pink will always be Speed. Do not let them psyop and gaslight you into remembering otherwise.

Red as HP colour was something we made up a long time ago, otherwise the old scheme's colours were loosely based on proxy connections to flavours, but it is a stretch to connect these colours to the type itself.

The new colours reference the Stat screen in Pokémon XY, but these are also found in XY/ORAS during super training, in SMUSUM when levelling up a Pokémon, in the Emeras in Super Mystery dungeon and are used to represent the types in Masters EX. As these are the only colours we can definitively associate with these stats the decision to switch them was made - also putting us in line with other EP wikis (except the German Pokéwiki for now). That being said if you have any specific concerns with the template we are happy to look and evaluate them.

Red as HP colour was something we made up a long time ago, otherwise the old scheme's colours were loosely based on proxy connections to flavours, but it is a stretch to connect these colours to the type itself.

The new colours reference the Stat screen in Pokémon XY, but these are also found in XY/ORAS during super training, in SMUSUM when levelling up a Pokémon, in the Emeras in Super Mystery dungeon and are used to represent the types in Masters EX. As these are the only colours we can definitively associate with these stats the decision to switch them was made - also putting us in line with other EP wikis (except the German Pokéwiki for now). That being said if you have any specific concerns with the template we are happy to look and evaluate them.
The colors are awful. If you want to stick to the basic theme of the official colors, that's one thing, but the specific colors used are extremely washed out and indistinct. If you pull up a colorblindness checker(which you should do for any color changes anyways), SDef and Speed are usually indistinguishable, and HP and SAtk are sometimes indistinguishable. That matches with my personal opinion, which is that the new colors are too similar and too faded, making them hard to recognize and remember.

Now, I recognize it's not always possible to make colors completely distinct for everyone(there's 20 types now, some of them will look similar no matter what), but there's really no excuse for 6 colors to be this bad.

The colors are awful. If you want to stick to the basic theme of the official colors, that's one thing, but the specific colors used are extremely washed out and indistinct. If you pull up a colorblindness checker(which you should do for any color changes anyways), SDef and Speed are usually indistinguishable, and HP and SAtk are sometimes indistinguishable. That matches with my personal opinion, which is that the new colors are too similar and too faded, making them hard to recognize and remember.

Now, I recognize it's not always possible to make colors completely distinct for everyone(there's 20 types now, some of them will look similar no matter what), but there's really no excuse for 6 colors to be this bad.
We hear you! we were actually in the process of tweaking them to address these complaints, and that change should be live now.

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.
For the Scarlet & Violet TCG merchandise, the Houndoom and Melmetal battle decks need updating with the following non-holo exclusive cards:

Houndoom:
Morpeko PAR 121/182 (non-holo)
Lokix PAR 122/182 (non-holo)

Melmetal:
Orthworm PAL 151/193
Revavroom SVI 142/198
Zacian PAR 136/182

Once that is done, the additional cards sections for SVI, PAL and PAR need to be updated to add these cards to the overall lists.

Again hopefully this is the right forum.

Palafin, Baxcalibur & Garganacl Blisters have been updated on the TCG merchandise. However, the 3 promo cards need to be added to the additional cards list for PAL and OBF.

Last one from me today.

Missing SVP black star promo variant:

SVP 101 Pikachu - Asia Championship Series stamped version

I have to ask, at what point did Bulbapedia start rendering ads (especially video ads) in articles?

I am now almost afraid to access it for any reason -- and not because of the ads per se.

See, I am currently using a laptop with 4GB of RAM so I have to be mindful just what I'm trying to run on it concurrently, otherwise it will have to start swapping things in and out of the page file on the HDD which bottlenecks absolutely everything, everywhere, all at once. And while I can have simple (no/low scripted) sites like Bulbagarden open no problems ever, while I can queue up 6-10 YouTube videos no problems (because autoplay blocked), the moment I open 1 or 2 Bulbapedia pages everything bottlenecks up because those video ads aren't necessarily autoplay-blocked.

Just earlier today my system ground to a complete standstill (ending only with a manual cold reboot) after opening literally just ONE Bulbapedia page. Again, I had six other browser tabs (half of them Youtube) already open with zero problems, and was only checking Bulbapedia for a refresher on a topic I was mentioning in a forum post elsewhere, and suddenly ... system unresponsive.

(The good news is I should be able to upgrade the RAM on the laptop. The bad news is its specific location in terms of disassembly)

I have to ask, at what point did Bulbapedia start rendering ads (especially video ads) in articles?

I am now almost afraid to access it for any reason -- and not because of the ads per se.

See, I am currently using a laptop with 4GB of RAM so I have to be mindful just what I'm trying to run on it concurrently, otherwise it will have to start swapping things in and out of the page file on the HDD which bottlenecks absolutely everything, everywhere, all at once. And while I can have simple (no/low scripted) sites like Bulbagarden open no problems ever, while I can queue up 6-10 YouTube videos no problems (because autoplay blocked), the moment I open 1 or 2 Bulbapedia pages everything bottlenecks up because those video ads aren't necessarily autoplay-blocked.

Just earlier today my system ground to a complete standstill (ending only with a manual cold reboot) after opening literally just ONE Bulbapedia page. Again, I had six other browser tabs (half of them Youtube) already open with zero problems, and was only checking Bulbapedia for a refresher on a topic I was mentioning in a forum post elsewhere, and suddenly ... system unresponsive.

(The good news is I should be able to upgrade the RAM on the laptop. The bad news is its specific location in terms of disassembly)
I'm currently following this up with the ad networks. I do believe some new video ads were recently added to rotations, though we have had ads in articles for a very long time (over 15 years), and video ads have been an on-and-off thing for a number of years.

Would you possibly be able to DM me your computer specs and the OS/browser version you're currently running? We haven't been able to replicate the issues you're having on our own testing equipment, and I'd like to get a better idea of where the issue might be coming from. Given you mentioned a page file on a HDD (as opposed to a SSD), I take it the device might be older?

Would you possibly be able to DM me your computer specs and the OS/browser version you're currently running?
Yeah, it's a stock HP15-BA088NR (not exactly a new model) running current Firefox version (125.0.3, 64-bit) on current Windows 10 (22H2 19045.4412).

I actually need to work on my other laptop (which has slightly better specs and the RAM was definitely easier to access to upgrade from 4 -> 16 GB, which had solved similar bottlenecks in the past)....

Hmmm. That's actually a little newer than my current old/low-powered testing machine, a stock Alienware Alpha R1 from 2014. While I haven't had the exact same issues you've had, I can confirm that RAM is the biggest bottleneck on that one as well.

What I suspect is happening here is that Firefox isn't able to do its normal tab unloading (where background tabs are unloaded from RAM so you don't fill up) on the Bulbapedia tab, or on the YouTube tabs (since loading a video prevents it, even when the video isn't playing). In which case, the recommendation would be to simply avoid having more than 1-2 tabs with a video (playing or not) open at a time. You might also see improvements by turning down the quality settings on videos in the browser when they're not being played, so that any background data that is loaded is at least reduced, and then only turn the quality setting up on an individual video when you're going to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom