• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Summer Awards 2016 - Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if it goes into both Pokemon and another series, it's a crossover. That's what a crossover is. So it would indeed go into Non-Pokemon/Crossover.

And Juliko, I really liked Sylvia the Sylveon. ^^ I'd elaborate here, but this isn't the thread for that. I'm still trying to come up with a comment. I'm not very good at those, sadly. xP

Just a note to people who might be struggling to find content to nominate, about 85-90% of the first five pages of content is eligible for the awards so there is a lot out there for people to pick from.

Umm... @Kelleo ... My Breath of Fire 3 novelization isn't Pokemon related. It has zero Pokemon stuff in it, so it wouldn't be a crossover. Breath of Fire is a completely different series with zero ties to any other series. And it's a novelization, meaning I'm retelling the actual game's story in mostly my own words, though I use actual game quotes. I was asking because the description for "Expansion" was involved canon characters, which, due to how it was written, was a bit vague in terms of what franchise it would cover (meaning was it only Pokemon or could include other series), which is why I asked. So it's not a crossover, as no other series are involved, it's a retelling of the game's actual story. That's why I asked, as, given the wording of how Expansion was written, could mean any franchise that expands on canon characters, since it doesn't specify "Pokemon" in the description per se.

In any case, I've decided not to enter it anyway, as that might be stacking the odds in my favor, making it unfair to other writers. Plus the Non-Pokemon section is pretty full already, so I'm not going to enter it.

...Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying it had things from Pokemon and another series.

How would entering your fic stack the odds in your favor? Are you saying you think your fic is so great that it would automatically win no matter what or that the other entries are no good? That's kind of stuck-up and mean. I hope I'm misunderstanding you here again. If I am though, my apologies again.

No, I mean I just don't think it's fair to have two or more stories in the contest at one time, especially in the same category. I hardly think my stuff is great. More like average at best, given the nature of my writing habits. I'm just saying it doesn't seem fair to have more than one story posted per contest. Sure, others probably do that, but I don't find it very fair. So that's what I mean about "stacking the odds in my favor", as, to me, it only seems fair to others to post one story at a time per contest, especially if they're in the same category. So I'm not saying my stuff is the greatest thing to hit the planet since cheese fries, trust me, I know how flawed my stuff is, I'm just saying that, to me, it seems unfair to others if I were to post two or more stories for judging in hopes of winning.

Ohhh, I understand now. I didn't realize you already had something entered. I suppose you're right, though I myself have two fics entered anyway, simply because my Zelda and FE fics already got the award, and I wanted Super Luigi to have a shot at it next (even if I really don't expect it to win...lol).

This thread is meant to be for questions related to awards. There is no need for people to discuss what they will nominate and why, everyone can do as they please. As it stands, @CynthiaLover, the crowdness of the category means you wouldn't really be stacking the odds in your favour since there would be a lot of stories competing for votes.

@LightningTopaz: well is it expanding on something in the universe or is it simply reimagining the world?

There are just under 23 hours left now for people to cast their nominations. If you haven't nominated yet or used all of your nominations, we strongly recommend that you do in order to be involved and get to the voting and hopefully judging round. I will remind people that even if you do not win a banner or title at the end of the day, you will still get two reviews for the enterity of your story if you reach the judging round, so it is worth taking part in just for that.

As a reminder, you can nominate your own work, up to four stories and seven characters. You only have to nominate one story and character not on the nominee list, you don't have to nominate anymore than that we highly recommend you do. Even if you just want to add to your current self-nominees you don't have to nominate anything extra, but if there is a story or character out there you love and think needs some attention than we urge you to shine a light on them.

So get out there, read some stories (there are a lot of very short or easily digestible stories out there) and cast your nominations before the time is up!

Nominations are now closed. I will accept any stragglers before the list goes up, so you have 30-60 minutes to get your nominations in. Simply put, hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom