• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tag!! You're It!! V3: Welcome to the Garden~

@Dubious Disc hope it's okay that I tag you into this game! :bulbaWave:
Just curious, what/who are some of your biggest inspirations when it comes to art? And what kind of things did you draw when you were first starting out (if you still remember)? I'd be interested to know!
hello! it's totally fine, it was a fun surprise :enzap:
I've never actually thought much about my inspirations, but I'd say music is definitely a big one? Like sometimes I'll be listening to a song and it'll suddenly spark something like "hey, I could draw something now!" Often when I draw a character, it's because I've been listening to their theme music and it just got me in the right mindset. I sometimes like looking at other artists for inspiration, like glancing through the other art threads here, but I try not to rely on that too much since it often leads to me comparing myself to them, and I've been trying to cut down on that. (Of course, the real answer is that the inspiration worm in my head sometimes randomly emits a beam of art energy and I just roll with it lol)

I've been drawing pretty much ever since I was a tiny bean person with just enough manual dexterity to hold a crayon, so I guess I just drew a lot of scribbles lol. I still have a lot of sketchbooks from my childhood that are full of incomprehensible doodles. A lot of my earlier drawings as a kid were just random people, sometimes little stories and comics and stuff, and when I first got into digital art I drew a lot of cats...I was in a Warriors phase...fifth grade was a different time.... Honestly, I could probably write a whole essay about the progression of my art, I've got a lot to work with lol

@DawningWinds If you could attend Hexside, which track(s) would you want to study?

@DawningWinds If you could attend Hexside, which track(s) would you want to study?
There's a lot to consider here, so. The first thing is: am I a BI-born witch or am I a human who happened to find myself here?

If I'm coming in as a human, Illusion, Abomination, Plant, Healing, and Beastkeeping and Construction are all off the table due to the necessity of natural magic. Bard and Oracle seem to provide implements that would most likely allow for their magic to be done using them, and Potions definitely could be. Bard and Oracle catch my interest more that Potions but I think I'd go all three because a. it seems reasonably manageable and b. Potions is likely to be more versatile than the others so it'd probably be good as a back-up for other situations.

If I'm coming is as a witch. I still think I want Oracle, but I'd also like to take Illusion and Healing instead of Bard or Potions. Bard and Potions are both admittedly more versatile than Illusion or Healing, but I feel like between these three tracks main niches, most situations I find myself in will be covered, and the ones that aren't can be foreseen, also there's fun stuff I feel could be accomplished via mixing Oracle and Illusion magic. That said, if I'm coming in post-coven breakdown, I'm probably gonna be trying to study everything in my spare time to get the most I can out of my magic, even if I'm primarily focusing on and taking classes on these three.

@Hydrogenium Hi hi Hydro! I know you've asked me about my OCs here a couple times so I figured I'd return the favour! Do you have any OCs? Any that you're particularly fond of or want to share anything about?

Gotta catch myself between naps to post!

if you were put in charge of the new starter Pokémon for a generation, what animals would you base each of them on?
Best question because I get to imagine Pokemon I've always wanted and talk about cool creatures >=]

Water: The long nosed whip snake, eventually evolving to be Water/Poison! I'm just picking this one because they're so cute and I want one in a Pokemon game so badly. Also, if you take a look at their faces, you'll notice they have unique pupils among snakes - they're horizontal! Just really cool creatures all around.
Grass:
Parasaur, even if this is me sneaking in a favorite. I feel like it's a fairly well known, recognizable genus, and something about these guys just gives me a Grass type vibe! Maybe Grass/Water for the final evolution.
Fire: The Dhole, or whistling dog. Massively endangered and incredibly unique, I'd love to see one of these guys as a starter to give them a little bit more love! They're so elusive, I think it'd be cute to give the final evolution the Fairy type, too.

It was so hard to narrow it down to three, and I think I kinda did end up choosing all favorites.. oops.

hi @DawningWinds, I hope you've been doing well! Any fun facts or trivia you'd just really like to talk about?

I hope you've been doing well! Any fun facts or trivia you'd just really like to talk about?
Good Arceus have a been struggling to think of something, I don't know a ton of trivia. But I guess I'll talk about Yu-Gi-Oh! to get this thread back going.

One of the weirdest Yu-Gi-Oh! things to me are Butterspies and Papilloperatives. Butterspies are technically an archetype as Photon Alexandra Queen's materials can only be Butterspy monsters and Moonlight Papillon can search out a Butterspy from the deck. Papilloperatives, on the other hand, are thematically related but not technically an archetype. There are three Butterspies and two Papilloperatives. Photon Papilloperative and Morpho Butterspy rely on gaining advantages by controlling the battle position of the opponents monsters, and there are a couple of butterfly-themed cards that also revolve around this, such as the trap Butterflyoke (which is a trap I am personally extremely fond of) and Butterspy Pritection (which does not otherwise reference its archetype and is the only non-monster Butterspy). It's all really weird to me how hodgepodge and small the archetype is given that Droite/Dextra, who uses all these cards, is a recurring duelist in the Zexal anime, and even though there were more traps that could've been Butterspy traps for anime purposes and Papilloperatives could've either been a proper archetype or just been also Butterspies none of this happened.

Tl;dr: Dawning want more Butterspy and Papilloperative support.

@Blanc Subway masters aside, are there any other Pokémon characters you're particularly fond of?

Last edited:
@toastghost What’s your favorite pseudo-legendary?
hydreigon by far. my 4th favorite pokemon. i love more dark and creepy pokemon (hell, ghost is in my name), and hydreigon just looks badass. i'm also a greek mythology nerd and the hydra is one of my favorite myths. and the pokedex entries about how its other heads aren't sentient, meaning that you pretty much killed that other head, which is literally horrifying and i love it.

@DawningWinds what inspires you to draw?

@DawningWinds what inspires you to draw?
Honestly, a big part of it is "idk what the fuck else to do with my time, scribble now". But if I'm short on ideas, I'll often watch a couple episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! which tends to help get the creative juices flowing, though just about any animated show I enjoy works to a similar effect. Another big thing for me is actually Drawfee; if there's ever an episode focusing on something I struggle with it'll usually make me inspired to work on it, since if those four idiots can do this shit, why shouldn't I be able to?

@BigDocFan You're a big fan of the Pokemon Anime in particular, right? Any particular favorite arcs or seasons, or even individual episodes?

@BigDocFan You're a big fan of the Pokemon Anime in particular, right? Any particular favorite arcs or seasons, or even individual episodes?
Too many to think of, least favourites would be easier to describe such as the Original Series and Black and White, AG was OK but DP, XY, JN and SM were terrific.

The arc with Ash and Paul's rival is a significant highlight for me I feel

@Orchid have you been anywhere besides your home state? what were those experiences like? o:
a few times! My home state is New York, so I've mostly been to other places around the northeast. Off the top of my head I've been to NJ, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. Mass and CT have incredibly nice foliage in the fall if anyone here ever plans on going, but in the winter it gets even colder and snowier than it does here in NYC.

Outside of that, I've also visited Texas and Florida before, and I think Florida was the most I've ever had to adjust to somewhere new, lol. Like I said, the northeast is pretty frosty — when I went there in 2017 it was in the middle of October, so I was wearing a big fleece coat on the day of the flight — then I stepped off the plane in Orlando and blazing 100°F heat instantly hit me right in the face. Anything you've heard about the humidity there is absolutely not an exaggeration, subtropical indeed. New York City is also an extremely grey and concrete place, so I was genuinely shocked to my core that everywhere you looked was so bright and colorful in FL. Needless to say my Floridian friends laughed at me a little :p

The only time I've been outside of the US was when I was too young to remember, unfortunately. I went to Utrecht in The Netherlands since it's where one side of my family is from, I'm sure it was nice.

@Torchic W. Pip what's your favorite quote from a video game/tv show/movie?

@Blanc Subway masters aside, are there any other Pokémon characters you're particularly fond of?
Hehe, yes there is!

The RGB trio is definitely one, Red is near and dear to my heart due to Pokespe, and I love the main trio to death. Elesa and Skyla are also two I quite enjoy as part of the Unova gang I’m fond of since I like to headcanon the Nimbasa Trio as a friend group (and Skyla being Elesa’s girlfriend haha I mean..) Iris is dear to me as well! Iris gives off ‘little sister’ vibes to me, and well, being the youngest of my family too, she resonates with me. I just think she is an underrated character and her champion design is so precious.

Anabelle is another, I just love her design in a suit, gender goals tbh. Grimsley I have fond feelings towards as well because a close friend of mine loves him, and he’s just a funny kinda guy.

N is cool, but I feel it’s impossible to dislike N!

Marlon is also a character I grew to love because in my replay of Pokemon White 2 he gave me sooo many laughs, and I forgot how cute Roxie is.

There’s a lot more than I realized!

@Zexy Hi Zexy!! I want to get to know you better!! Would you say you’re an introvert or an extrovert? What do you like to do most when you hang out with friends (online or irl)?

@BigDocFan don't forget to tag someone else to ask them a question!
Sorry

@TheGoldenDuck

What do you think of this image from the Pokemon anime?

Buneary.png

USER=60633]@Zexy[/USER] Hi Zexy!! I want to get to know you better!! Would you say you’re an introvert or an extrovert? What do you like to do most when you hang out with friends (online or irl)?
Absolutely an introvert, even though online it does not show.

We occasionally may hang out a cafe or a restaurant, visit each other at home and play board games, schedule to play Pokemon GO somewhere, sometimes we go for a movie... I am not much into the clubbing/partying life. Online, mostly just chat really. Used to be more of an online game night person years ago, but it takes too much setup and am kinda "eh" on it lately, but should maybe reconsider.

@Orchid do you sometimes wish you have come to Bulbagarden sooner?

Back
Top Bottom