• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon rumors

Probably mentioned earlier: Oak's Funeral at the Sea Cottage. Elm would ring you saying that he died and invite you to come over. Mew would appear when the coffin is lowered for Oak's contribution to Pokémon worldwide and would let you battle it.

that in (japanese) ruby sapphire you would be able to get to space and catch deoxys/jirachi after the rocket launch reaches a certain number in Mossdeep (the number does increase however)

I actually tried this one and was really disappointed. :(

Oh, I certainly remember some doozies from my childhood.

In Red and Blue (this was before Yellow was released) you could supposedly capture Ho-oh, alledgedly named "Lucky" (this was well before it was officially named) by capturing all 151 Pokemon, then running around the grass in Viridian Forest. It would eventually appear and challenge you.

Another, which I actually tried and got really mad when it didn't work was a way to capture Yoshi. Yes, Mario's Yoshi. To get one, you had to get someone to trade you a Dratini, then train it until it evolves into Dragonite. Take the Dragonite into Cerulean Cave and stand on the spot you found Mewtwo. Use a Fire Stong on it and it would evolve into Yoshi. I never trusted the guy who told me that rumor again.

I also remebered the Pokegods, including a Nidogod, but I don't remeber the specifics as to how to catch them.

I heard a more recent one from shortly after Ruby and Sapphire were released. It invovled taking a Pokemon with Hyperbeam into the Meteor Falls and finding some special room. You would find a rock with a strange green glowing substance on it. By clicking on it, you would be asked to use Hyperbeam on it. Agree and the substance mutates into Deoxys and attacks you. By then of course I was much less gullible.

You have to choose a Squirtle in the beginning in Blue version, and then level it up to level 90, and then challenge your rival before the Elite Four (in front of the Guardhouse), and then use the Master Ball on his Venusaur when you called out your Blastoise.

Then, take the Venusaur to the Rocket guy on Nugget Bridge and you'll get the ability to steal Pokemon and you'll wear a Rocket Suit once you save and restart the GBC.

the only rumor i heard was the mew and the truck thing

im pretty sure i saw it on youtube once, but most likely fake.

I remember me and my friend was told by some kid in school that if you got to mirage iisland you would get to catch 5 celebi. Also that if you got the leichi berries from mirage island your pokemons contest conditions would go all the way up. We both gave up after 3 months

I stopped following them after 2000. That summer, though, I spent every day reading them and trying half of them.

- Getting into Bill's backyard would lead you to a field of wild Pokemon from Gen II (which, at the time, was not yet released). I'm still bitter about this because I went back there and ruined my 100% completed game.
- Mew and the truck
- Mewtwo and all the things you could do to it to make a Mew
- Doing something could get you to fight Bill, who had all the Eevolutions
- There were about 10 float-related code rumors (by using the Gameshark float code, you could walk over the entire game and get to barely-programmed areas, none of which actually had anything cool in them).

I can't remember any others, but I may have to go look them up now.

lol in G/S/C putting a regular gyrados with a lake of Rage one in the day care makes a red magikarp that evolves to a goldent gyrados lol.

Mine have got to be the ones including catching Mew by moving the truck and getting Togepi in the original games by some manner of nonsensical game manipulation. Also by pressing down + B any Poke Ball would become a Master Ball and therefore catch without fail.

Pokegods, Mew, Bill's Secret Garden and Togepi were all classic Gen 1 rumours.

I was told that if you hacked into Cerulean Cave in Gen II, next to where Mewtwo was in Gen I, there was a rock, and if you smashed it 999 times, a door would open and Mew would be inside.

An old friend who I later realized was a pathological liar told me that if you completed a certain mode in Super Smash Bro's Melee using Pikachu in Expert Level, you could obtain Lugia as a playable character. (I'd always wondered why he always turned the Pokeball Items off all of the time)

Also, he never believed me when I told him that Ho-oh's signature move was "Sacred Fire." He insisted that it was "Scared Fire."

These two occurred over a decade ago.

Speaking of rumors/cheats, I bricked my Gameshark (used a catch any pokémon type code and used it to get Mew).

Also, one of my friends said the code to get mew was "FARMBOY". I immediately tried it and failed to input the code. My father then explained to me that the Gameshark worked in hexadecimal and I could only input up to "F".

Here's an original. This one guy (who I've realized by now knows next to zip about pokemon) said that if you beat enough Master rank super contests you could go into a "Contest hall of fame."
One I heard from another guy is that once you get the silver trophy underground item for winning 50 battles in the battle tower, and you if kept battling till battle 100 the silver trophy acts as a teleporter to the Battle tower. The same guy also said that if you got up to 200 battles, the gold trophy underground item you get for 100 battles acts a teleporter to a special shop where stuff like masterballs are sold.

Someone told me that if you talk to everyone in Snowpoint City on a Monday afternoon before 5, then you'd get a random encounter with a shiny Mew.

My friend once told me that if you get a Lombre and give it a red scarf, then level it up to level 99, take off the scarf, and give it the water stone to make it a Ludicolo, it would learn a move called "Sadness Dance"... good thing I never tried it.

A friend once told me that if the launch count at the Mossdeep Space Center got up to 100, an elevator would appear, and Deoxys would be standing in the elevator, and the launch count would increase every time you beat the Elite 4, so basically, the key was to beat the Elite 4 100 times, which I kind of attempted, but gave up on (or just forgot about the "glitch").

Someone told me that you'd get another Masterball if you beat the Elite Four 40 times.

A friend of mine also claimed that in Yellow, you could carry ten Pokemon with eight moves. You also had the ability to change your age at will. There was one place, a bar, where you had to be 21 to go in. Then when you went in, all the Pokemon would ask for root beer.

I had weird friends. XD

My friend told me that the Master Ball was an extension of the MissingNo glitch. Not wanting to mess up my game, I never used the Master Ball.
The other one was in Gold, where, if you soft resetted for a shiny Starter, beat the entire game using only said starter, and then started the game over using the same type of starter, and then talked to everyone in New Bark Town 151 times, you could walk through walls to a place where you could find Mew. He even showed me a video. (of course, it also omitted the part where he inserted a game shark). I sacrificed a shiny Typhlosion with PURPLE FIRE for nothing.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom