• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Re: The Dream World

Yes,I can imagine someone that got an Arceus:

Player:Look it's Arceus!!!OMG!!!I'm gonna catch it and...

*Arceus used Hyper Beam*

END

Sapphire, I just about died laughing. That was funny!

If it is a dream, then that means one could get Venostiose! *shot*

Or look like Neo.

I know this may seem very vague and possibly unrelated, but do you think Dream Smoke could have a hidden connection to a possible R/S remake, and possibly one where you can use the Dream Smoke feature too? Because if I remember correctly, someone at Devon Corp. said they were researching to see if they could see Pokemon's dreams. It may not have worked out then, but now with the existence of Munna, Musharna, and Dream Smoke, it might be possible for them, and then you can use Dream Smoke in the remake too. (If or when it comes out.) A crazy thought, maybe, but I thought I'd just put that out there.

I know this may seem very vague and possibly unrelated, but do you think Dream Smoke could have a hidden connection to a possible R/S remake, and possibly one where you can use the Dream Smoke feature too? Because if I remember correctly, someone at Devon Corp. said they were researching to see if they could see Pokemon's dreams. It may not have worked out then, but now with the existence of Munna, Musharna, and Dream Smoke, it might be possible for them, and then you can use Dream Smoke in the remake too. (If or when it comes out.) A crazy thought, maybe, but I thought I'd just put that out there.

That's a pretty good idea. Who knows? Maybe it is. I think that Araragi's friend studies dreams, too.

Does anyone know when in-game the dream world will be accessable? Seeing as how it's a place to catch "old" pokemon and the regional dex is all new pokemon. Or will we just have the old ??? On the stats screen in the pokedex # slot? Since the pokeshift is only availible after the nat dex, it seems like they are trying to keep old pokes out of the game at least through the main story, but I don't see them blocking pokeshift and the dream world that long.

Also on a crazy side thought.. What if the dream world had access to the gen IV gts, allowing you to "move" your celebi/shiny dog for the zorua/zoroark events? Obtaining those is another thing I don't see gf making us wait on, especially since they are the stars of the first movie for this gen.

They may allow you to have access to the Dream World immediately but postpone your ability to catch non-Isshu Pokemon till the appropriate story checkpoint.

We just don't have enough info as of right now to determine that.

They may allow you to have access to the Dream World immediately but postpone your ability to catch non-Isshu Pokemon till the appropriate story checkpoint.

We just don't have enough info as of right now to determine that.

That's something I had thought about, but all the images so far from the dream world only show pre gen V pokemon (excluding the ones growing berries/ decorating the house assuiming those are the ones you sent over). A pikachu, a mime jr, an eeveeloution via the online game, and a kanto starter via an online game or something. They're making it look like it's mostly or all old pokemon.

But true, we will just have to wait and see. I'm just speculating and was wanting to hear some other opinions.

V Faction said:
But there's been no indication of that. While the PokéShifter has been confirmed to be inaccessible until after the Elite Four, the Dream World doesn't seem to have any strings attached. Why keep something like that a secret?

Outside special events triggered by passwords, the Dream World just seems like a way to get some old Pokémon and berries available during the main story without making them prevalent in Isshu. By the end of the game, there should be a more reliable method to complete the International Pokédex, especially for the sake of players who don't have Wi-Fi (unless the fancier game packages contained a USB connector, but that would raise the price significantly). After all, the Pokéwalker (which every HGSS player has) is only required for a select few Pokémon and berries.

master shake said:
What if the dream world had access to the gen IV gts, allowing you to "move" your celebi/shiny dog for the zorua/zoroark events? Obtaining those is another thing I don't see gf making us wait on, especially since they are the stars of the first movie for this gen.
How would that work? The GTS is used for trades; players who send their Pokémon to the system expect to get something in return.

This has happened before with the movie promotions: Speed Forme couldn't be triggered in Emerald until after the Elite Four since tradability with FRLG was only unlocked then. Granted, players could trade their FRLG Deoxys (obtained via the Movie 7 promotion) to a Ruby/Sapphire cartridge first and then to Emerald, but it was cumbersome. More recently, the promotional Regigigas from Movie 11 couldn't unlock the Regis in Platinum until after the Elite Four, even though it could be traded from Diamond and Pearl at any time.

I suspect that Victini is being distributed so soon to make up for the fact that Zoroa and Zoroark can't be obtained early on. Chances are that Zoroa and Zoroark aren't even part of the Isshu Dex, although they might be put in the end for no reason like Deoxys in the Hoenn Dex.

Last edited:

Does anyone know when in-game the dream world will be accessable? Seeing as how it's a place to catch "old" pokemon and the regional dex is all new pokemon. Or will we just have the old ??? On the stats screen in the pokedex # slot? Since the pokeshift is only availible after the nat dex, it seems like they are trying to keep old pokes out of the game at least through the main story, but I don't see them blocking pokeshift and the dream world that long.

Also on a crazy side thought.. What if the dream world had access to the gen IV gts, allowing you to "move" your celebi/shiny dog for the zorua/zoroark events? Obtaining those is another thing I don't see gf making us wait on, especially since they are the stars of the first movie for this gen.

Zorua and Zoroark were the first fifth generation Pokemon revealed and the first shown in anime formes but they debuted in movie 13 which is the last D/P movie.
Movie 14 will be the first fifth generation movie and will be part of the "Best Wishes" saga^_^

Yea I forgot about the movie being in the past series. As far as zoura/zoroark, it just seems odd to hype them up very early on to be one of the last pokemon you can get.
Also I think the dream world could manipulate the gts to allow you to trade say a pikachu from there for the two movie 13 events. Probably not, since they'll have classic ribbons. I'd just like to see some form of trading/moving pokemon pre e4 but I'm sure it won't happen.

If the Dream World is available early and they have the Kanto Starter Passwords in NA, I'll throw a Bulbasaur w/ a different ability on my team! I hope it's something good... Maybe Herbivore or Chlorophyl?

When will the website be accessable? i want my kanto starters. Since im getting japanese black and white, i want to have access to the website. there is no URL yet, is there?

There is no URL yet. The website will be up and running a few days before the release of the games.

When will the website be accessable? i want my kanto starters. Since im getting japanese black and white, i want to have access to the website. there is no URL yet, is there?

I'm betting it's what's replacing the gts site that's closing. At least the servers and stuff

But there's been no indication of that. While the PokéShifter has been confirmed to be inaccessible until after the Elite Four, the Dream World doesn't seem to have any strings attached. Why keep something like that a secret?

Outside special events triggered by passwords, the Dream World just seems like a way to get some old Pokémon and berries available during the main story without making them prevalent in Isshu. By the end of the game, there should be a more reliable method to complete the International Pokédex, especially for the sake of players who don't have Wi-Fi (unless the fancier game packages contained a USB connector, but that would raise the price significantly). After all, the Pokéwalker (which every HGSS player has) is only required for a select few Pokémon and berries.
The Dream World might be more than just Berry growing and Pokemon catching. They're showing features I wouldn't have even thought off, like house management. It seems to be mimicing Animal Crossing. There could be mini-games or special downloads or anything in the future.

So I really don't know how they plan to, if they plan to, keep older Pokemon from being available. All we have to go on is Masuda's statement (which itself isn't too terribly clear - like in this case) and the Daisuki Club stuff. Earlier, I was debating whether or not older Pokemon could have their abilities rotated so that each special ability could be different week-to-week. In this case, we may be looking at the same situation. Every week, month, or whenever they may decide to hand out special Pokemon in your Dream World that can then be downloaded into your games. Whether if it's password only or a code or you need to have the national dex before allowing them in your gamepak, you're right, we don't know.

I guess what I'm saying though is I don't feel like the other parts of the Dream World will be affected. Items and Berries you can probably still do and have access to as soon as you link up via Global Link. It's not solely to get old or unique Pokemon it would seem. I agree with you though that there should be in-game stuff to capture Pokemon for those without Wi-Fi access. It'd be nice to know what they're branding this Dream World as.

I'm also wondering if they're doing it like Gen III, where you literally COULD NOT have old Pokemon prior to the National Dex even if you traded, or like Gen IV, where you could trade National Dex Pokemon from another Gen IV game from the very start.

The Dream World might be more than just Berry growing and Pokemon catching. They're showing features I wouldn't have even thought off, like house management. It seems to be mimicing Animal Crossing. There could be mini-games or special downloads or anything in the future.
Actually, I think that these new houses are what Secret Bases have evolved into. One of the furniture I spotted in the pictures look like Gen III furniture.

Back
Top Bottom