• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Anime Discussion Thread

Should I Watch the Movies, Specials, Shorts, and Pokémon Chronicles in this Marathon?

• Yes

Votes: 188 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 23 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'}

You mean the show hasn't been consistently good since?

The ONLY reason Kanto feels different than all the other sagas is because of the slapstick comedy and some of the weirdness of it that was never repeated once Orange Islands began.

Yeah, you have a point there.

Also, watching Bulbasaur and the Mysterious Village, you got to wonder what was the point in 4Kids removing scenes with Misty slapping/hitting Ash and Brock in the early episodes, yet in B&TMV, they easily let Brock angrily pound Misty in the head with his fist TWICE. .....Seriously?!?!?

I can only imagine because in the first ep Misty fishes Ash out of water and then slaps him out of the blue.

I love how Brock literally slams his fist down on Misty's head. I laughed so hard! Damn, Brock was so violent!

There's also a scene where Misty kicks Brock in the face and leaves an imprint of her shoe on his face....oh man. All this stuff disappeared by the time Orange Islands began, so its really only exclusive to Kanto.

PLEASE READ THIS:

This thread is getting awfully crowded, so I think I'll split this thread into two. This thread will be primarily general discussion of the anime, whereas the new thread will be for episode reviews.

As Musashi said, we're currently discussing a different method of users reviewing the episodes that don't currently have threads in the Episode Archive.

Until you see such a new method (we'll make an announcement for it), please continue to use this thread how it has been since it's beginning.

Pokemon Advanced
heaps of nostalgic on my rewatch even thought i kinda hated advanced untill BF

Re: The Pokémon Anime Marathon

You may now make your own review thread in the Episode Archive. Be sure to read this first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom