• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

So I know it's confirmed that the white forest will have wild pokemon in it. Will the black city have them too? I'm not exactly sure how they'd pull it off but I wouldn't like to see a whole area where I can't catch (potentially pretty cool with the city theme) pokemon just because I got the wrong version. Any info on this?

How do you know it's not a gym?
And what makes you say it's the gyms' headquarters?
As I've said, the gyms do have a unified symbol, showing up once in the honeycomb at the entrance, and once in the roller coaster gym on the floor, most likely symbolising it is the placement of the gym. Going by how the entrance to that stained glass building looks official, and the recent idea of how the Pokeball statue stands outside a rather gym like building where its clearly missing from in front of the building, it could be so. Also its advertised with the symbol. Gyms could be advertised, but by using the regional symbol for the gyms instead of say, its badge, it should be something aside of a gym.
That's rather unlikely, like all the other ideas you make up. Where you would even get that idea is beyond me.
^ is where I got it.
*deviates from current topic*

i've just spotted something new.
*snip*
notice the poké ball statue. perhaps it's a/another gym? if so, we could assume the isshu gyms have all unique appearances.

we already knew that cities and towns wouldn't actually look like what they look like on the map, and really, with this new discovery, a building could actually represent a town/city, people. keep that in mind. =D
First off, I'm not being rude. I'm saying this bluntly cause while yes, speculation is fun, and yes, point stuff out is funner, point blank obviousness is not. We've deduced for ages now that its more then likely towns and cities aren't there and only gyms and buildings of importance are. And yes, we have assumed gyms have unique appearances by the way there is no unified building apparently.
Anyway, thanks for pointing out it could be a gym, helps us a lot, because now we can assume all 8 buildings we see are gyms, or at least most of them. Which makes me wonder, if anything on the map could be a gym, we have 3 places that are more then likely, and at least 6. Which are gyms and which are not?

First off, I'm not being rude. I'm saying this bluntly cause while yes, speculation is fun, and yes, point stuff out is funner, point blank obviousness is not. We've deduced for ages now that its more then likely towns and cities aren't there and only gyms and buildings of importance are.

how was that blank obviousness? i had to zoom in to see the tracks. plus, in all of this thread, i have never seen anyone mention anything about that white building. most discussions were about the other castle-looking buildings. and let's not forget that most people didn't see that in-game map we saw a while ago. that's why i had to mention that this area is actually a town. i already knew this personally (i had seen the in-game map), but i hadn't figured out the tracks at that time. now we know that this town is the town with the tracks and the white building, so :|.

how was that blank obviousness? i had to zoom in to see the tracks. plus, in all of this thread, i have never seen anyone mention anything about that white building. most discussions were about the other castle-looking buildings. and let's not forget that most people didn't see that in-game map we saw a while ago. that's why i had to mention that this area is actually a town. i already knew this personally (i had seen the in-game map), but i hadn't figured out the tracks at that time. now we know that this town is the town with the tracks and the white building, so :|.
So did we all. Personally, I could have just noticed them before anyone else, but then again the Nintendo dream images did have the tracks pretty clearly. As for the white building, yes no one was discussing it, and I did not point it out as obvious. As for were it was located, if you were to look back like with the part you showed, you would have seen the connection, and for that, yes I'm thankful. For point out that one building might equal a whole town, now that, well, no.

Incedentally, I noticed the tracks on the map the first time I saw it and figured that was where the screenshot with the railroad was from. I didn't point that out because it seemed fairly obvious. I didn't notice the gym though.

So did we all. Personally, I could have just noticed them before anyone else, but then again the Nintendo dream images did have the tracks pretty clearly. As for the white building, yes no one was discussing it, and I did not point it out as obvious. As for were it was located, if you were to look back like with the part you showed, you would have seen the connection, and for that, yes I'm thankful.

then why didn't you tell us about it? it clearly wasn't obvious enough to a lot of people, because as you've seen, many members (guests also, i assume) were surprised by that find.

something obvious: hiun city
something that isn't obvious: the town with the tracks

For point out that one building might equal a whole town, now that, well, no.

it still has to be pointed out; half the forum hasn't acknowledged that towns/cities will be different in-game, despite the many posts that have been made regarding it.

Mitchman, I'm really having a hard time trying to understand your point. Your sentence structure and the way you word it, it is way too confusing. Sorry =\

And MISTY, I have noticed on the map, and I could clearly see the train tracks. But I didn't know that building with the Pokeball statue was actually the same as the other one with the female character running on the train tracks.

Cause, they might have been pointed out when the hi-res map was posted on the net and then generally left alone cause it was found out and left. Info does loop when it comes to pointing stuff out, don't think it doesn't happen.
Mitchman, I'm really having a hard time trying to understand your point. Your sentence structure and the way you word it, it is way too confusing. Sorry =\
Sorry. Look. The gyms have a unified symbol. That symbol is advertised for the building. Right? Well that's generally were my idea stems from. As for the Pokeball statue, it not being found in front of it makes me think its not a gym. But having the symbol means its related, so it could be the HQ.

Umm.
The factory place isn't a town, it's just a location. You can even see it on the ingame map. It has a green dot. The white circles are towns and cities.

I meant one of the places Sceptile thought was a town.

Also Han-Ji not to be picking on you but the floor pattern on the tracks and that building are the same. Plus, they are in a nearby location. I remember a translation about Thunder Gate City or something. I believe it is that hilly windmill town at the exit of the mountains. If you notice, there is a gate like structure there.

Last edited:
Think nothing. I matched the dots of the in game map to the Famitsu map. There is no mistaking that I marked the right places as town/cities. I might have included things that were really marked by a green spot in my original marking, but I am sure that what is visible on the map, I correctly marked as a town/city.

206luso.jpg

I'm wondering if all the pics we have been getting are not of many different places, but of only a few, just with some being White and some being Black. (Since we are supposed to have graphical differences as well)

Just a thought

I meant one of the places Sceptile thought was a town.

Also Han-Ji not to be picking on you but the floor pattern on the tracks and that building are the same. Plus, they are in a nearby location. I remember a translation about Thunder Gate City or something. I believe it is that hilly windmill town at the exit of the mountains. If you notice, there is a gate like structure there.

Lolwut?

I never said that that town with the train tracks and the pokeball statue isn't the same town...

Thunder Gate City's japanese name is Raimon City. I wonder if Zekrom frequently visit there...

I too also noticed the tracks. But they meant nothing to me other than confirming where a picture was.

I'm wondering if all the pics we have been getting are not of many different places, but of only a few, just with some being White and some being Black. (Since we are supposed to have graphical differences as well)

Just a thought

We have a fair amount of screenshots of different places. A few of them just happened to have version differences.

But this got me thinking. What if all of the dangerously uder-detailed locations on the map have different appearances? Game Freak might not want to spoil it for us and made the map the same for each version because of said differences.

Just another thought...

We have a fair amount of screenshots of different places. A few of them just happened to have version differences.

But this got me thinking. What if all of the dangerously uder-detailed locations on the map have different appearances? Game Freak might not want to spoil it for us and made the map the same for each version because of said differences.

Just another thought...

I really don't believe that this is the case..

I believe that there'll be 2-3 version exclusive places. 2 which are Black City/White Forest and The modern/traditional city. One more place could be like Reshiram and Zekrom's place... Idk.

I really don't believe that this is the case..

I believe that there'll be 2-3 version exclusive places. 2 which are Black City/White Forest and The modern/traditional city. One more place could be like Reshiram and Zekrom's place... Idk.

I'm expecting Reshiram/Zekrom to be battled in Black City/White Forest.

I was thinking that the layout of routes and dungeons may have differences between them though.

I want to know if Black City/ White Forest are located at the same place or not. If they are in the same location how will the special edition version include both, and if they have different locations how will they exclude the other version's area?

If they are in different locations how will the story be effected as well?

I'm expecting Reshiram/Zekrom to be battled in Black City/White Forest.

I was thinking that the layout of routes and dungeons may have differences between them though.

I want to know if Black City/ White Forest are located at the same place or not. If they are in the same location how will the special edition version include both, and if they have different locations how will they exclude the other version's area?

If they are in different locations how will the story be effected as well?

I thought that they are in the same location? That's what I heard, on Serebii, I think..

Back
Top Bottom