• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

Odd Gym design though...
It should not be a gym. I've been saying it for ages, the Pokemon gyms have a headquarter this time, and its in Hiun City. Its road might be different, but the tree covered part was confirmed to be Hiun.

It should not be a gym. I've been saying it for ages, the Pokemon gyms have a headquarter this time, and its in Hiun City. Its road might be different, but the tree covered part was confirmed to be Hiun.

How do you know it's not a gym?
And what makes you say it's the gyms' headquarters?

For all we know, Hiun City could be the capital of the Pokémon country, therefore, the headquarters of the Pokémon league (not the elite four) and gym headquarters could be there.

But this is just pure speculation.

Neither Black City nor White Forest, or even the city whose appearance changes between both games, are shown on the map.

actually, it is.

149w40p.png

city1.jpg
city2.jpg

I've been saying it for ages, the Pokemon gyms have a headquarter this time, and its in Hiun City.

For all we know, Hiun City could be the capital of the Pokémon country, therefore, the headquarters of the Pokémon league (not the elite four) and gym headquarters could be there.

... Pokemon League "Headquarters"? ...Eh?
I don't quite understand how that would work, or how it would even be useful.
What exactly would a headquarters do?

NPC: "Hi, I'm the CEO in charge of running the Pokemon League's Isshu League! All of us here in this building help maintain everything in the League! Check that map over there for the locations of the Pokemon Gyms situated throughout Isshu! Talk to me when you have all 8 Badges and I'll give you a Plane Ticket that takes you to the Isshu League building!"

...?

In the new-ishly released videos they showed a map during the hiun city walk portion of the video with all the random battles.

4:50 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_aSt1EHSAQ

I have to say that is somewhat disappointing. I thought Hiun would be bigger then Goldenrod. It may still be, but the odds aren't as good as I expected.

Of course Hiun still has that big city feel and there is no telling how many people will be in it.

In that video it looks like the music changes when your pokemon goes to red HP. Plus the camera moves around, so maybe those people playing it on a 3DS can use the slide pad to move the camera around until they select their attack. Either that or the camera moves randomly untill they choose an attack.

In that video it looks like the music changes when your pokemon goes to red HP. Plus the camera moves around, so maybe those people playing it on a 3DS can use the slide pad to move the camera around until they select their attack. Either that or the camera moves randomly untill they choose an attack.

Black and White are DSi inhanced games they wont do anything the DSi isn't capable of. Now when pokemon mexican the special edition version comes out That may be possible.

That's rather unlikely, like all the other ideas you make up. Where you would even get that idea is beyond me.

actually, it is.

149w40p.png

city1.jpg
city2.jpg

Considering in-game the same locations within the city appears different while the map it's split in half, I'm interested in the 3rd version's explanation for it.

I was just going to go with the idea that both games are canon but alternate universes.

the reason why on the map the city is split in half is probably just to show the player that this city has two versions. as we all know, it changes appearances depending on which game you play. in black, you'll have the white, technological city, while in white, you'll have the beige, natural city (this isn't confirmed though). the map shows the city for the two versions, rather than just one version.

the reason why on the map the city is split in half is probably just to show the player that this city has two versions. as we all know, it changes appearances depending on which game you play. in black, you'll have the white, technological city, while in white, you'll have the beige, natural city (this isn't confirmed though). the map shows the city for the two versions, rather than just one version.
It actually makes some of the weird structures in Isshu make sense. I wonder how many more cities are like this. Perhaps we can pin down the amount of variable towns.

*deviates from current topic*

i've just spotted something new.

sovi3o.png

notice the poké ball statue. perhaps it's a/another gym? if so, we could assume the isshu gyms have all unique appearances.

we already knew that cities and towns wouldn't actually look like what they look like on the map, and really, with this new discovery, a building could actually represent a town/city, people. keep that in mind. =D

Last edited:
^I think you're correct. Those two screenshots on the right are clearly the same place, as the tiles are the same, and the building on the top one seems to be the same as that part on the map.

Don't know if that's been pointed out before, but if it has, I haven't seen it.

...Which is interesting, as it seems that whole mini-town seems to be invisible on the map. I guess that Map really is horrendously under-detailed. Seems to be consistent with the Starter Town, with those two houses missing.

Yeah, I figured a while ago the map was cutting the unimportant buildings.

sovi3o.png

notice the poké ball statue. perhaps it's a/another gym? if so, we could assume the isshu gyms have all unique appearances.

we already knew that cities and towns wouldn't actually look like what they look like on the map, and really, with this new discovery, a building could actually represent a town/city, people. keep that in mind. =D

I can vaguely see train tracks and if you noticed the floor pattern is EXACTLY the same and as I figured the tracks would be somewhere in that area. What I did not or Nintendo probably didn't realize is that they just showed us a gym near the starting town and the area where one of the first screen shots are. Three towns locations- CONFIRMED

sovi3o.png

Wow! I think you're right! The ground on both screenshots are exactly the same!

And I was thinking that the gyms in each cities are unique and different from each other and not the same generic building too.

*looks at Isshu map*

Yeah, that was some brilliant deducting. I wonder which gym that is.

We'll know (possibly) in about a week.

When I pointed that spot out as a town/city, I figured that might be a gym, but nice job noticing the tracks. I still wonder about the two other cities/towns north of the starting town, though.

Back
Top Bottom