• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

I spazzed when I saw the American Football trainer class. I really spazzed.

Anyway, I can't wait to play this, it's refreshingly new yet still Pokemon 8D

Sorry, but if all we have as evidence is an American Football player and the word liberty, it's not much evidence towards what Isshu is based on.

Still a banned subject.

^Can I report that lol!? (Double post)

Anywayssssssssssssss....

These Plasma dudes look like the Knights of the Templar. There are various and numerous castles scattered ALL throughout Isshu. Some of which I have seen as Green Dots. So if their are knight/mid-evil like villains,
castles,
and a crown (as seen in the newest video)
I would like everyone to fill in the blanks while I cue the Jeopardy music.

I am two nice to report anyone. Also, if they wanted to bring back the past they can do it just as easily now then later.

It's a server hiccup guys. I didn't notice it because the computer I was typing from was messing up.

EDIT: Oh way to steal my fun TM2!

But back to the topic.

Sorry, but if all we have as evidence is an American Football player and the word liberty, it's not much evidence towards what Isshu is based on.

Still a banned subject.
If it's a banned subject, then you don't get to give your opinion on it either. Don't talk about it, then tell people they don't get to talk about it so that you have the final word.

e7xahw.png

similarities, similarities. . .

Looks to me like you just grabbed three screenshots and put them on top of each other.

no.

the first screenshot has a building with a green orb, the second screenshot has a building with a white/grey orb, and the last screenshot has a building with orange/yellow orbs.

the colours may very well represent the gyms' types. the green orb could represent the bug/grass-type gym, the white/grey orb could represent the normal/steel-type gym (although steel is unlikely, hence this gym seems to be the very first gym of the region), and finally, the orange/yellow orbs could represent the electric/fire-type gym.

also, the reason why the building on the second screenshot only has one sculpture is probably because it's the first gym. the last screenshot is in hiun city, which happens to be your next destination after the town with tracks (where the white building is located). it has two sculptures, so it could represent the second gym of the region. the first screenshot only has one sculpture, though we only see half of the building.

another possibility is that someone stole the other sculpture on the second screenshot. the person could perhaps be n.

edit:
mudg0k.png

^ clearer screenshot. it might turn out to be a water/ice-type gym. it's located in a rainy town, according to the latest gameplay video.

Last edited:
Those are Poke Balls.

I think you're looking waaay too into it.

:lol:

it might not be the bug/grass-type gym after all. here's a clearer pic:

mudg0k.png

water/ice-type? it's located in a town where it rains (you don't need to take this statement into consideration, since it'll most likely rain all over the region). maybe those blue things are flowers too, so we shouldn't rule out the bug/grass-type possibility yet. alsooo, the town is near a forest.

20784qx.png

and here is its location on the map. the forest is just before the castle. again, you can see the whole map here.

Last edited:

Quick note to the Aussies: Don't you guys have to import your games or something? I thought I read that somewhere... Because that would create problems because the game would display the opposite season.

No, we get our own versions of the games (basically a clone of the british game, with an AUS tag on the cartridge) if there are variable seasons, We'll probably have to put up with northern hemisphere though :dodgy:

Oh well, at least I get a hot christmas, and beach/pool parties for NYE.

Rоulette Goddess;1970565[IMG said:
http://i29.tinypic.com/mudg0k.png[/IMG]

20784qx.png

and here is its location on the map. the forest is just before the castle. again, you can see the whole map here.

So it looks like there will be some sort of gatekeeper. Maybe you'll have to pass some requirements in order to get through. Unless that only applies to this particular gym...

2 things to keep in mind.

1. The Japanese spoilers from April (which gave us the starters and Team Plasma, so are obviously reliable) suggested that the games would be moving away from the collect 8 gym badges pattern

2. If you want to talk about the region's relation to the real world, we still don't want that going on in the forums, but I'm prepared to allow it in a limited fashion in reply to this blog post I've just made, and there only. Any flaming, name calling, etc, etc, in there will be treated harshly. I would much prefer people simply offered there the lists of evidence they feel they have for each side of the debate, and refrained from commenting too much on the validity of the arguments for now. We're not likely to know for sure for some time, so getting hot headed over it isn't going to help.

So it looks like there will be some sort of gatekeeper. Maybe you'll have to pass some requirements in order to get through. Unless that only applies to this particular gym...

You have to have a Pokémon that is nicknamed, "Keymaster."

In all seriousness, Isshu's looking up to be my favorite region so far.

1. The Japanese spoilers from April (which gave us the starters and Team Plasma, so are obviously reliable) suggested that the games would be moving away from the collect 8 gym badges pattern.

Are you sure that was from the same post?

I wouldn't be surprised though. I don't see any gyms, just a bunch of those buildings.

Back
Top Bottom