• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I can't see this being real, ever. Why would Game Freak lower Mega Evolutions' stats so drastically? Mega Beedrill with 15 base Special Attack sounds like BS to me.

Also, I think some users on Smogon calculated that Mega Rayquaza's base Speed is still 95. Why is it base 115 here?

To be fair, something drastic was needed for it considering its low BST. Now it's actually a very viable Mega to consider using.

When did we see Mega Rayquaza's stats to be able to calculate them?

The stats weren't seen, but the Smogon user calculated Rayquaza's possible stats according to its performance in the NicoNico stream battle (Mega Rayquaza vs. Mega Charizard Y, Abomasnow, Politoed)

I made a post quoting that Smogon user's calculations a few weeks ago.

Kaphotics is a data-miner for Project Pokemon and Smogon, I don't know if they'd be lying about all this. I would like to think there are more Megas in the code though. :/

The same Project Pokemon that mined for the hidden Pokemon/moves in XY?

As credible as this might sound, I have a gut feeling that something's off.

The stats weren't seen, but the Smogon user calculated Rayquaza's possible stats according to its performance in the NicoNico stream battle (Mega Rayquaza vs. Mega Charizard Y, Abomasnow, Politoed)

I made a post quoting that Smogon user's calculations a few weeks ago.

I'll take Kaphotics data over those calcs. Unless we saw before and after Rayquaza stat screens, I can't believe those over a renowned hacker/data-miner.

Also Mega Hoopa with Magician + 80 (not 100) so rumours are it could be another form and not a Mega. Guess we'll have to see.

For more non-believers, they've even posted it on Smogon: Research - ORAS Research Thread | Smogon Forums

Last edited:
I'm very pleased with M. Gallade's stats! He's no longer physically frail with great attack and decent speed. M. Beedrill seems great too, I had never thought of using a Beedrill before but now with its awesome mega I definitely will. M. Hoopa...wtf is this, a bunch of floating arms?

I can't see this being real, ever. Why would Game Freak lower Mega Evolutions' stats so drastically? Mega Beedrill with 15 base Special Attack sounds like BS to me.

Also, I think some users on Smogon calculated that Mega Rayquaza's base Speed is still 95. Why is it base 115 here?

Most Pokémon use only one kind of move: either Physical or Special. Mixed are rare, and usable mixed (I mean, running a mixed set) are even rarer. Much more meaningless is, for example, M-Gyarados' Special Attack going from 60 to 70; that's a waste of stat. Actually, I'd rather prefer every Pokémon going this way.

And as far as I know, Mega Rayquaza has yet to be seen in battle, aside from trailers where nothing can be said about speed. Neither appears in the demo. That said, I doubt anyone calculated M-Rayquaza's speed: at best, tried to guess.
Nevermind. But the guy who did the analysis from M-Rayquaza, assumed a lot of things. Starting for well-distributed EVs.

Also Mega Hoopa with Magician + 80 (not 100) so rumours are it could be another form and not a Mega. Guess we'll have to see.

680 BST... that's mostly a legendary mascot BST. It would be a real surprise Hoopa being the next game's mascot instead of Zygarde.

Last edited:

680 BST... that's mostly a legendary mascot BST. It would be a real surprise Hoopa being the next game's mascot instead of Zygarde.

Yup, I never realised until someone mentioned it to me. Magician on a Mega also just sounds completely dumb and its typing becomes Psychic/Dark, rather than Psychic/Ghost. Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of it, it does seem more like a form than a Mega.

Most Pokémon use only one kind of move: either Physical or Special. Mixed are rare, and usable mixed (I mean, running a mixed set) are even rarer. Much more meaningless is, for example, M-Gyarados' Special Attack going from 60 to 70; that's a waste of stat. Actually, I'd rather prefer every Pokémon going this way.

I am surprised that Game Freak decided to reduce a Pokemon's physical or special attack stat to improve the other after Mega Evolving. If I am not mistaken, Mega Beedrill is the first Mega to get such a boost.

Yup, I never realised until someone mentioned it to me. Magician on a Mega also just sounds completely dumb and its typing becomes Psychic/Dark, rather than Psychic/Ghost.

Game Freak deliberately programmed Magician not to work with Mega Stones. The programmers wouldn't give "Mega Hoopa" an ability that it can't use.

Its type change makes sense if Hoopa becomes more malicious in its new forme. Mega Gyarados became more aggressive after Mega Evolving, and its secondary typing changed to Dark.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention: "Hello, I'm the second heaviest Pokémon ever and my base speed is 110". EVERYONE, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

You think Mega Metagross' base speed is weird? Somehow a bee has higher base attack and speed than an armored dragon.

I am surprised that Game Freak decided to reduce a Pokemon's physical or special attack stat to improve the other after Mega Evolving. If I am not mistaken, Mega Beedrill is the first Mega to get such a boost.

Yep. But I'm glad it did, because it gives me hope for other Pokemon with bad stats.

legit spoilz
I'm willing to bet that the "Mega Hoopa" is just an alternate form, as it's way too drastic of a change to be a mega. I'd say it's either an illusion created by Hoopa, or form change caused by a move similar to Meloetta. It would also explain why it has the ability Magician.

Though taking its lore into account, maybe Hoopa teleported a different creature in to the battle for it? I dunno, but that design seems very unreal to me.

Yep. But I'm glad it did, because it gives me hope for other Pokemon with bad stats.

Then what in the heck was the deal with that 20 point boost to Mega Gardevoir's never used Attack stat? If M Beedrill's stats are true, Mega Gardevoir better get a retcon (which can happen right? since the ORAS megas wont be compatible with XY :p).

I don't understand why all that data is even in the demo in the first place. Does that mean these are all the Megas in the games? Kind of odd they'd reveal all of them before the games' release. :/

I really want my Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic.

I don't understand why all that data is even in the demo in the first place. Does that mean these are all the Megas in the games? Kind of odd they'd reveal all of them before the games' release. :/
The demo is apparently a stripped down version of the game. If they didn't remove these megas, I doubt they'd have thought to remove megas they haven't shown.

People dumping data, and acording some text file, M-Hoopa, or alternate form Hoopa, or whatever, would be 21'04" (6.5m) tall and 1080.3 lbs (490 Kg) heavy. Not the largest Pokémon ever, but certainly an Eldritch Abomination.

Jesus. It does look like some sort of giant statue tbh.

People dumping data, and acording some text file, M-Hoopa, or alternate form Hoopa, or whatever, would be 21'04" (6.5m) tall and 1080.3 lbs (490 Kg) heavy. Not the largest Pokémon ever, but certainly an Eldritch Abomination.

So it grows 19'8" and gains 1060.5 lbs? Damn, Mega Hoopa indeed. if it is a mega, that is

So it grows 19'8" and gains 1060.5 lbs? Damn, Mega Hoopa indeed. if it is a mega, that is

I'm betting that its not a mega evolution--just hoopa's true form that it hides in hyperspace. Perhaps this form of Hoopa can transport things through time, space and across dimensions? It would explain the legendaries in the Mirage spots.

I'm betting that its not a mega evolution--just hoopa's true form that it hides in hyperspace. Perhaps this form of Hoopa can transport things through time, space and across dimensions? It would explain the legendaries in the Mirage spots.

Origin Hoopa, like Origin Giratina? In fact Origin Giratina was much larger than Altered forme, although not a thousand times larger.

There's a new move found. Hyperspace Fury. Dark, Special, 100 BP, 5 PP, never misses and has a currently unknown secondary effect.

ORAS Dumps - Pastebin.com

Back
Top Bottom