• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

My favorite type is Dark. I just hope they give clothing options that reflect my favorite type. I also wonder if you can also dress as past playable character like May or Red.

"Legacy Outfits" would be awesome imho. Also a slick way to push DLC if they were aiming for it.
A terrible use of DLC even if free. There's no reason they couldn't already be in the game and then unlockable later. However, using DLC to expand the game rather than forcing us to by the exact same game a second time (as they normally do with third versions) is the way to go in my opinion.

How is that any different than what we have now with the Pokédex and G-Gear skins? It's the same mechanic: you have to go online and download the skin to customize your device, and nobody ever saw that as a bad feature.

My favorite type is Dark. I just hope they give clothing options that reflect my favorite type. I also wonder if you can also dress as past playable character like May or Red.

"Legacy Outfits" would be awesome imho. Also a slick way to push DLC if they were aiming for it.
A terrible use of DLC even if free. There's no reason they couldn't already be in the game and then unlockable later. However, using DLC to expand the game rather than forcing us to by the exact same game a second time (as they normally do with third versions) is the way to go in my opinion.
I think he was referring to a Cosmetic-only DLC, not Content DLC. I'm all for that ^^

Kinds of Clothing you can buy in Kalos?

What kind of clothes do you think they will let us buy. Do you think they will buy outfits that the characters from the anime use? Like Team Rocket's uniform, Ash's outfit, Professor lab coats, and Do you think will use the play coins or normal money in the game?

Obviously we'll be getting Pangoro hats.

PangoroHat.jpg

Maybe we'll get more Pokemon themed hats. I really want:
-a Swirlix hat
-a plague doctor mask
-a Clemont-style backpack

Honestly I'm hoping to just keep the basic male trainer's clothing, unless there are some other things that I end up liking.

Wait so Nintendo is going to let us make our own charicter in Pokemon X an Y? If so it's about time! I never like the look of the trainers in BW2, they have a really bad taste in style and hair x__x

Wait so Nintendo is going to let us make our own charicter in Pokemon X an Y? If so it's about time! I never like the look of the trainers in BW2, they have a really bad taste in style and hair x__x
you start out with the default i think but as u progress through the game you can buy new clothes and accessories. dont quote me on that i think that what the official site meant by that not sure though

I think he was referring to a Cosmetic-only DLC, not Content DLC. I'm all for that ^^

Masuda said there will be no DLC at all in the game

Are you sure? I thought he said they weren't sure at the moment.

Are you sure? I thought he said they weren't sure at the moment.

I think so at least thats what i heard

It would be cool if you can buy some clothes
Maybe you can look flaming like team flare haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the years, I've been disappointed with the direction Pokémon has headed in all but one thing: the games. My love for them seems to stay the same despite the newer installments, and Trainer Customization is no exception.

I'm very happy that the feature has been implemented. Sure, it's a bit limited at the moment, but it's only the first time we've had this option available to us. For that alone, it's no problem in my book. It's nice that things will feel more realistic and we can all customize our in-game trainers somewhat to match what we want them to appear like. :)

I'm kind of surprised character customization is so deep. Sure, I'd like it to be deeper (adjusting the build of characters is something I'd really like to see) but given that this is the first main game where we have this option, I wasn't expecting quite this much. Hopefully it will be expanded on in future games, but for now it looks like we'll have a good range of options to play with.

I wanna see him in the snowy mountaintops wearing nothing but a speedo xD Nah, seriously, I doubt they'll allow that degree of customization, but that would be fun.

May I present to you, Calem: Poopoo: Photo

(I drew this myself.)

Anyway...one costume I'm hoping to get is pajamas. As long as they're not Lopunny pajamas (you know, with big floppy ears).

Back
Top Bottom