• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '16 Mafia - 9/5/16 - ENDGAME: Everybody Was Elieson... before War Room Day (TOWN WIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The role description says 1x Seraph Knight, meaning they can only offer one protection during the whole game. We probably have another doctor/protection variant.

Oh hey forum's back up at last.

So, I wanted to ask something but didn't until now because it obviously sounds dumb.

Lol, I realised that I should vote for the fifth vote on the bandwagon, whose evidence was particularly weak, and assured my lynch.
Vote: Doctor Floptopus
Can you explain why you added a 5th vote so early on.

Is the 5th vote considered some kind of milestone (not sure if that's the proper word, mind you) here? I mean, why such emphasis on the 5th vote? Why not the 4th? In a 16 player game 4 votes is 1/4 of the total votes, which is more than enough. Actually Flop was lynched with 4 votes on her, and even one of them was HD avoiding the no lynch.

Not topical right now, but could the Seraph Knight be what visited Elieson N0? And agreed with the top post, if anything i'd more so poke the 3rd vote personally.

My thoughts exactly Eye Gel, otherwise it means town is extremely limited protection wise.

I'd also like to point out that if anyone else claims to have a true lust claim, we may need to look into it, judging that MCH's claim is clean.

oh cool forums are finally back up

And I do have to agree with Elieson in the fact that it seemed like a town panic lynch. However, I'm slightly worried that they immediately said this afterwards as though that clears everyone on the wagon. I'd defintely look into the BW and find any abnormalities.

Have you found any abnormalities?

Well considering I hadn't removed my vote from jd, it was clear that I wasn't. I already had stated that I didn't like any of the cases so I rathered keep my vote on him. Especially when someone is pushing for me to remove the vote.

Okay, but wasn't it just a pressure vote according to you? Could you go over again what you didn't like about the cases?What does someone pushing you to remove the vote have to do anything?

It's just very strange to me that you kept a vote on jdthebud, essentially not making you involved in the wagons with two votes each when IMO your reasoning was really weak. It's even weirder to call it a pressure vote, because really, the way it was presented wasn't... pressuring at all. Basically, there was no "oomph" to it and it felt like a vote for the sake of a vote. I wouldn't say my votes had the best reasoning ever but they were clear enough on why I was voting who I voted and backed up.

So wait: It was basically clear to you that Flop was town, yet instead of risking a NL, you preferred to lynch a townie? Why not push harder for your Sou,master lynch?

It wasn't "basically" clear. I was paranoid for sure because of the possibilities, and as it turned out, Flop didn't know when the phase ended. I did push for Soulmaster, that's why I mentioned Lunaala to vote them. I didn't know Elieson would vote for Soulmaster close to the last minute, and by then I thought it was too late to change the wagon because if I changed my vote, it would become a tie, and there would barely be any time left for Lunaala to unvote Doctor Flop and vote Soulmaster, which isn't guaranteed is what Lunaala would have done if they did have the time. (Elieson voted at 3:59PM and the phase should have ended at 4:00PM) @Elieson why did you bother voting Soulmaster in the last minute if it would not have made a difference?

I'm very curious about your reads now because some of your recent posts irk me. Especially since you find it a point to respond just to MCH that you don't think I'm town yet you havent said that to anyone else. Kind of out of the blue.

Huh? Why would you take such an issue with me just saying that I don't agree with ROMCH leaning Town on you? It was just the read I didn't agree with and didn't understand the most.

Not topical right now, but could the Seraph Knight be what visited Elieson N0?

Don't think so. Seraph Knight is a protective role, and since mafia didn't kill N0 there would be no reason for the role to take action.
In fact, I'm not even convinced there was even a N0 to begin with, since the game started with the D1 post. Unless someone was told they could use their NA during the confirmation stage, but it doesn't make sense.

so i reread the thread again and here are my thoughts~

1 Lunaala - I am kind of mixed, but I'm leaning Townmore. If Soulmaster flips Mafia I'd be more wary of them because then I'd fear that they didn't want to switch wagons just so they don't lynch their partner.

2 Midorikawa - Honestly Scum. Her vote's reasoning for a pressure vote on jdthebud was just because according to her, he only posted about her, when he did make a separate post talking about Elieson being targetted by something N0. When he posted about more other things, she still kept her vote on him, and you can't say it's a case of her telling him why she voted him and him acting accordingly to make her think he's Town. Still, she kept her vote on him and ignored me when I asked if she'd keep her vote on him, which gives me more the impression that she's hiding something and doesn't want to get involved in any of the wagons and dirty her hands directly. Basically I'm not seeing understandable Town motivation.

3 Elieson - Leaning Town. I like their posts and their assertiveness in getting the game going and their replies. I'd love to see more of their posts but so far so good, could be better, but good.

4 Alex Kaz - Null but I guess their posts are okay. I don't know much about them but they seem to be trying.

5 HumanDawn - beautiful, magnificent

6 Sunsette - I've never played a scum game but from her posts they remind me exactly of the Town games I've been with her. Seems to be very reasonable and wants to solve the game, so leaning Town. There's the assertion coupled with problem solving that she expresses that remind me of her Town games. Leaning Town.

7 Soulmaster - Leaning scum. I haven't really changed my stance because I've got nothing new from him.

8 Molten Eevee - Again, I've never played a scum game with them but like with Sunsette, their thoughts and behaviour are exactly how Id expect them to act, like, so far there has been no discrepancy with their tone and actions, right up from defending Lunaala and then voting Elieson. Leaning Town.

9 jdthebud - Leaning Town. Nothing they've said have set off bad vibes and I can get the vote on Midorikawa. It helps that I scum read her and can't understand why she kept her vote on him when he's better than half of the players.

10 leetic - question mark

11 Elementar - Leaning Town. His posts got better once his reasoning started getting better

12 Eye Gel - Not much, so null, but I'm leaning on Town a bit because I could see why they would vote Elementar even if I don't agree with it. Not by much thought because I'd really like to see more posts and action during the Day.

13 Calvin ッ- I feel like he's more kind of just there but I guess he has been sounding honest... I'm not really sure what to make of them since I mislynched them once for it and would rather not make the same mistake. He's been posting than in Starters Mafia so I guess that's something too.

14 returnofmastercrazyhand - Leaning Town. Their behaviour reminds me of how they would act as Town, I believe their claim, and honestly who would admit to having picked who to vote for to break a tie with RNG? That's just asking to be questioned, same like with their claim which comes from a game Zexy played and from what I know of True Lust it was a popular game, so I could see it being chosen.

15 jackatlasred - Leaning scum. Okay, I can understand being busy, but his post in reading the game after a lynch is done is pretty pointless. There has been no follow up either so it does irk me more. i also have a bit of a crack theory that he only voted me early day 1 so i might be less likely to vote him like with what maniacal engineer who was mafia did to me in gameshow mafia voting me

Deadline was extended to accomodate for forum upgrade. We have a SEARCH function again!

(Elieson voted at 3:59PM and the phase should have ended at 4:00PM) @Elieson why did you bother voting Soulmaster in the last minute if it would not have made a difference?

I was able to check the thread just a few minutes before phase end and didn't know what the votals were admittedly, I was checking it out while using the john, since that's where the best games are played, I thought SoulMaster was in the lead for votals and I didn't want a tie because fuck nolynches.

Don't think so. Seraph Knight is a protective role, and since mafia didn't kill N0 there would be no reason for the role to take action.
In fact, I'm not even convinced there was even a N0 to begin with, since the game started with the D1 post. Unless someone was told they could use their NA during the confirmation stage, but it doesn't make sense.

I'll neither confirm nor deny that I was targeted by a Seraph.

5 HumanDawn - beautiful, magnificent

condition.png

I just got to work, after waking up extra early for FirstDayOfSchool, and read your post and swear you said magicant instead of magnificent. I need some soda.

I didn't have much time to explain but this is where my head was after taking that short break from the game, and with a brief re-read, my thoughts on a few things.

No one ever said that a new player is naturally not scum, just that you should likely be a bit more sure as new players are normally inherently a dummy due to them not knowing bits.

Out of curiousity, 4? Your's, Luna's, mine likely, who/what has the fourth? Or others if I am missing things.

I don't understand the Lunaala vote. Lunaala said that she thought 2 votes was suspicious this early. I will admit, within a few posts 2 votes on the same person is a little bit, but it's more likely the two people just didn't coordinate their random vote. Also iirc, Lunaala is new. Not overly but still relatively. then again this is the first game I've played in like a year but that's another point.

Now to make a comment about Human's post listing games, note that the roles Zexy pulled were 1 per host. And there are only 16. The opening flavor is only to be half trusted. Namely because I know for a fact that Back to Basics is not being used as it was the year before. So there are 16 roles each by a different host.

I'm currently more suspicious of Elie. In his second post he said "we have our first scumclaim" with the only thing was that Luna thought something was suspicious. That's no scumclaim, that's just an opinion. After that Elie seemed to have a little bit of tunnel vision, not much but enough. So for now I'm going to
Vote: Elieson

fwiw These are SoulMaster's posts. I don't care if you call it OMGUS, there's simply no content to analyze. Let me break it down as to why this is worth voting for.

This is a defense that isn't actually worth anything (no explaination of why Lunaala isn't worth voting for, just a "They're new, let it slide man" defense, which is about as useful as a pair of fingerless gloves in a chem lab.

This is analysis of game setup & mechanics, which doesn't amount to much because regardless of alignment, anyone can discuss mechanics to feign activity.

I'll bite that this part is an acceptable case for the time, but it went nowhere since he never came back to clarify or even reply back to anything. D1 tunnelvision is a difficult thing to analyze, and even if I were scum, plowing through D1 throwing suspicion everywhere would make way too much noise, preventing anybody from being able to focus on applying pressure and generating reads at their own pace. I'll defend my style of play here, but it's one that even I'm aware of as being ambiguous in its convenience, since it can frustrate people with less patience, and confuse people who aren't aware of my method's benefits.

tl;dr How to Break RVS and attempt to find scum:

1: Pick out a player who did something worth talking about
2: Call that player's "something" scummy, even if it isn't all that scummy
3: Give an arguable reason (it's D1, there's literally any kind of argument against what I said)
4: Back-n-forths ensue, and other players get involved
5: RVS is almost immediately over
6: Develop reads and push [Either the person you hopped on originally, if they're acting

acting scummily, or someone else, based on their reactions to the fact that there's something to respond to].

fucking interruped posts

I can't find the Mafia motivation in that and it seems like a really risky move for RoMCH to pull for the potential reward for it.

Basically this; it's a super risky thing to claim early on and sets himself up for potential failure later on.

Unless he's scum!Ninja, he's most likely town. I'll defend the player based on the play. No shame

Actions locked. Update pending but has to wait a bit.

Day 2 start

Day 2: Lovers In (S)life, Lovers In Death

After Soaringdylan’s death, the hosts called it a night and went to bed.

The next morning, however, as the hosts all gathered in The Situation Room, one of them didn’t show up. It would be Zexy, one of the recently appointed War Room moderators, known for being killed early in mafia games… except it seemed to be reality this time.

Dear Elieson, you are representing Zexy and Video Games Mafia. Zexy is a War Room veteran who, after taking a short hiatus from foruming, returned in Season '15 as one of The War Room's top players. He was selected as Bulbagarden's representative in this year's Mafia Championships, and became a a War Room moderator over the course of the season. This is Zexy's xth game as host, and ended with a mafia victory after three town modkills on Day 1.

You are the 1x Lightningrod. Once in the game, during the night, you can PM us to use this ability which will redirect all of the night's actions to you.

You are allied with the town and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

The hosts all searched for Zexy. They looked first around the Fun and Games district, but he was nowhere to be found...The group then split. The moderators went to go check inside the Box of Outside the Box, while the rest of the hosts went to check the Newsroom for Current Events. The moderators had the misfortune of finding the body, bloodied outside the Post Count section. They rushed to the body and huddled around it. Slife seemed more shocked than everybody else:
”Oh no! Zexy, my love, what have they done to you? I can’t stand being alive in this world anymore. I’m coming after you.
And with this, Slife thrust a knife he hid in his own pocket in his chest, committing suicide in the process.

Dear returnfomastercrazyhand, you are representing Slife and True Lust: Intergalactic Battle of the Ships.. Slife began his mafia career with a single game in Season '14 This was Slife's first game as a host, and ended with a town victory after the entire team played methodically and took off the scum using the game's unique lover mechanics.

You are the Nymphomaniac. You HAVE TO select a player before the game begins (else it will be randomized); you will be Lovers will them for the rest of the game until a LYLO situation (which will be announced if it happens). This means that you will have an outside chat to communicate and that if either of you dies, the other will automatically die as well.

You are allied with the town and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

The moderators stepped back, wide-eyed, as Slife staggered, then fell on top of Zexy's body.

Crate Diggah stepped up, and spoke in a solemn voice: “We have lost three moderators now, and it’s not just that. Someone has managed to hack into our Conversations system, making it unusable. Please bear with me as I am trying to fix it, should take a day at most. Meanwhile, get back to the other hosts; you all need to focus on eliminating the ones responsible at once!

It is now Day 2, which will last approximately 48 hours. Day 2 will end at 10:00 AM Eastern Time on Thursday, August 25th.

Any private conversations that would be allowed are disabled for the duration of this phase.

okay wow that explains what elieson meant about being targeted N0

VOTE: Midorikawa

either her or soulmaster are fine tbh

Any private conversations that would be allowed are disabled for the duration of this phase.

okay cool this means scum can't talk with each other in a game that doesn't allow private communications anyway, so for that i lean that this is a town role when the only thing it looks like it would disable is the lover's QT so far

Does anyone know of a PM communications disabler that was Town this past year? I only know of a Mafia one from Random Messages.

Eye Gel is Town!
As the hosts gathered back together, the moderators shared the bad news with the rest of the group. "We have some good news, though. I'm innocent."

Everyone was confused. How were they supposed to believe that, straight up? A few hosts began to encircle the one who spoke, staring them down. "Please, guys! I promise! Come on...We even hosted a game together! You have to believe me..."

The voice of Crate Diggah, having disappeared from the group after Slife's suicide, once again boomed over the loudspeakers. "What they say is true. They are innocent. Carry on."

Eye Gel is confirmed to be allied with the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom